Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
they just added bloodborne to the itchio bundle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

You have gone too far this time Samuringa

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Samuringa posted:

they just added bloodborne to the itchio bundle

you motherfuckre

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I’m really bad at system specs and knowing what’s equivelant.

If I wanted to run cyberpunk or death stranding at 1080p

I have a ryzen 5 3600 , 16gb ram and a gtx 1650 4gb.

I’m so dumb I just see they require other things and I don’t know if it’s above or below mine

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

teacup posted:

I’m really bad at system specs and knowing what’s equivelant.

If I wanted to run cyberpunk or death stranding at 1080p

I have a ryzen 5 3600 , 16gb ram and a gtx 1650 4gb.

I’m so dumb I just see they require other things and I don’t know if it’s above or below mine

The graphics card and ram are both fine, and I can’t see the CPU being an issue either.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
That processor will be more than fine, it's hard to judge Cyberpunk seeing as it's not even out yet so we have no clue what level of optimization it has. Your video card is solidly mid range, so you may have to drop some settings down but at 1080p it should perform decently.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Can't wait for cyber Keanu Reeves to talk at me in 60 FPS :allears:

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Morter posted:

Can't wait for cyber Keanu Reeves to talk at me in 60 FPS :allears:

I hope there's a quest to find a compression module that'll up that to 120 fps.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

EA star war game is gonna be bad. dream elsewhere imo.

also, god drat Synthetik was sitting in my backlog for a year and I really regret not playing it earlier. It reminds me of an online multiplayer indie game I played a lot in late 90s/early 2000s but with loads more polish and a good single-player mode.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I’ve only ever played the small free mission in Hitman 1 and had a drat blast. I’m kinda scared to see what the full game would do to me.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Irritated Goat posted:

I’ve only ever played the small free mission in Hitman 1 and had a drat blast. I’m kinda scared to see what the full game would do to me.

You'd have an even bigger blast, do it

Orv
May 4, 2011

Irritated Goat posted:

Murder puzzles are the only puzzles and like and boy does Hitman have good ones.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Orv posted:

Murder puzzles are the only puzzles and like and boy does Hitman have good ones.

Yeah, I've described the reboot games a few times as puzzle games where the solution is always murder, and there are a bunch of ways to 'beat' every mission.

Seconding/thirding/whatever-ing the recommendation to play the reboot Hitman games.

I didn't mind the Elusive Targets, because you only need 5 of them to get the Blood Money suit (I think that's what the number was, it was definitely much less than the number of ETs they had), which quickly gets ignored for more fashionable choices (bathrobe, Santa Claus outfit, flamingo mascot). Also, I got to kill Gary Busey with an exploding golf ball after he argued with Gary Cole about the commercial they were filming. I don't know if Elusive Targets as they exist(ed) should come back in 3, though, because they are very divisive, as we've all seen. I would rather see more "side" missions like the nighttime Sapienza ones, or the Patient Zero mini-campaign. The Colorado mission in PZ was much better than any of the Sniper Challenge stuff, and was also a fun little callback to St. Petersburg in Hitman 2 (the second Hitman game, Hitman 2, not the seventh one, HITMAN 2).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Orv posted:

I've never been great at puzzle games so this explains a lot lmao

(e) Jokes aside I've tried Hitman(2) repeatedly, and I find that in playing games I have a certain checklist-y, maximum efficiency streak going. Basically I'm the guy who instinctively prefers to reload on stealth going awry rather than rolling with it

I'm aware at the same time that that sucks the fun out of it, but usually that seemed to end in a death and reload anyway so :shrug:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 13, 2020

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Ciaphas posted:

(e) Jokes aside I've tried Hitman(2) repeatedly, and I find that in playing games I have a certain checklist-y, maximum efficiency streak going. Basically I'm the guy who instinctively prefers to reload on stealth going awry rather than rolling with it

I'm aware at the same time that that sucks the fun out of it, but usually that seemed to end in a death and reload anyway so :shrug:
If there's one thing that's true about the last two Hitmans it's that there's no right or wrong way to play them, so you do you :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Ciaphas posted:

I mean I won't deny that loving up and then having to restart for that perfect run isn't a thing But the game lets you get away with plenty goofy and silly stuff and also does lean into the "here i go accidentally killing again" thing often.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 13, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I have hundreds of hours across both the new Hitman games and I still felt a pang of regret after I completed every possible achievement/challenge and decided to uninstall to free up Hard Drive space... like maybe I still hadn't quite gotten enough gameplay out of it or something :allears:

The Hitman games are just incredible, please everybody play them. They're so good.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Jerusalem posted:

I have hundreds of hours across both the new Hitman games and I still felt a pang of regret after I completed every possible achievement/challenge and decided to uninstall to free up Hard Drive space... like maybe I still hadn't quite gotten enough gameplay out of it or something :allears:

The Hitman games are just incredible, please everybody play them. They're so good.

This post is very accurate

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

It's been long enough since I last tried the games that I sup-

i'm sorry they want how much of my storage again?? :stonk:

-pose it's worth another try at being a bald barcode assassin. I'll probably use all the cheaty HUD elements tho, apologies if this offends series veterans :v:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ciaphas posted:

It's been long enough since I last tried the games that I sup-

i'm sorry they want how much of my storage again?? :stonk:

-pose it's worth another try at being a bald barcode assassin. I'll probably use all the cheaty HUD elements tho, apologies if this offends series veterans :v:

there is no wrong way to play, friend

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The correct way to play Hitman is to install it and play it. :hai:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SirSamVimes posted:

there is no wrong way to play, friend

Well, one thing you have to do is kill the dudes

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Well, one thing you have to do is kill the dudes

I mean you don't have to do that. In some levels you get achievements for making sure the victims have nice days.

e: The one where you make sure the old guy gets a smoke and a muffin is a real feelgood moment.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Agent 47 is actually a sleep therapist. Everyone is just taking naps.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Now I want to play a game thats exactly like Hitman but you are stopping Final Destination-esque deaths instead of causing them

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
My Hitman dream is an asymmetric multiplayer mode that kind of plays like Spyparty. One player has to move around a map accomplishing objectives that require them to make themselves vulnerable. The other is the hitman, and has to kill them undetected -- both players have abilities that let them cause distractions, set up traps, and disguise themselves so they can blend in with NPCs. Basically I just want The Ship again in the Hitman engine lol

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Now I want to play a game thats exactly like Hitman but you are stopping Final Destination-esque deaths instead of causing them

This would own and is a great answer to the question of how to give folks more ways to interact with a game world than just violence (even if it's technically just reverse violence).

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

i mean if you avoid helping the Kashmirian you can pull this off, kinda - you still have to kill the targets he was aiming for :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Wasn't that just night trap and it got a ton of controversy cause players could intentionally not save the people and get game over screens of the person dying?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ghost Trick was so loving good

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Leal posted:

Wasn't that just night trap and it got a ton of controversy cause players could intentionally not save the people and get game over screens of the person dying?

I think the only controversy was because it was marketed salaciously and at the time everyone still just thought games were toys for children. From everything I've seen the actual content of the game is remarkably tame.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

you can literally buy night trap on steam now

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The Surge 2: boy oh boy, Dark Souls does not benefit from layering a bunch of additional inventory systems, combat mechanics and cluttered menus on top. Also, for a game whose central gimmick seems to be targeting limbs for locational damage is that you can hijack them, targeting limbs feels rather obtuse.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

:same: :shepspends: etc

Basically give me a new Ghost Trick, yeah

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The latest two Hitman games are two of my favorite games ever. There are a million ways to complete each level, you can save and reload at any point, and typical play is about learning and creativity. It's not like the early Metal Gear or Splinter Cell games where you're constantly afraid you'll gently caress up avoiding a guard patrol and destroy 15 minutes of progress. It's more like, "do I want to put a poison frog in the ventilation system and kill everyone inside, try to isolate the target and blow him up with his own oxygen tank, or fill the gopher holes in his lawn with explosives instead of poison?"

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I gave the target a stomach ache. The target went to the toilet flanked like a bodyguard. I, a random person, went in past the bodyguard to help dunk the target in the toilet to death. I then conclude my toilet business and leave. Bodyguards didn't react, presumably because the target routinely has loud, stone clobbering dumps. Game good.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ciaphas posted:

:same: :shepspends: etc

Basically give me a new Ghost Trick, yeah

the sexy brutale is kind of cool and in that vein

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

My only issue with the New Hitman and Hitman 2 is that your progress is tied to always online DRM for some reason. My ISP service isn't as bad as it used to be but that kind of thing still hurts me to see in a single player game. It's still almost miraculous feeling to me that we got not one, but two amazing new Hitman games that are good enough to be held up to Blood Money, so even if I don't like that aspect specifically I can't deny that they're well worth getting. Gonna get the next one too even if it still keeps that annoying junk up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Everyone is excited that there's a new multiplayer focused EA Star Wars title, and I'm over here, still salty that Titanfall 1 got dumped on.