Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Are they gonna do the Predators from Justice League vs Predator where the Predators got Justice League powers?

If I remember that one right they ended up with a Predator that had Plastic Man powers who turned into a fighter plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Joe Gillian posted:

Apparently the NECA Green Lantern/Predator and Batman/Alien 2-packs have been smuggled into Wal-Mart. I hope I can find the loving Batman one, because I'm gonna skip out on the Mafex Bats.

I mean, you do you, man. If you like the Neca, that’s cool. It looks very nice.

But it’s not really a substitute for the Mafex. 7” vs 6”, yellow emblem vs no yellow, super long ears vs shorter.

I also can’t believe that Mafex is finally out next month. Feels like years since it was announced.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My G.I. Joe Classified Snake Eyes finally arrived today. It's not perfect by any means, but it seems pretty great, and I'm happy. There are annoying things, especially that the knife doesn't fit in the sheath (which wasn't a problem on the HasbroPulse exclusive version) and really bad guns (different from the exclusive figure's better-sculpted, more realistic guns). But it is an excellent figure overall, with top-notch sculpting, articulation, paint job, and accessories, especially for a $20 mass retail figure from Hasbro. If you have any G.I. Joe nostalgia at all, or just want a badass, heavily armed ninja commando to fight your Marvel Legends or 6" DC figures, you can't go wrong with it.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Nanigans posted:

I mean, you do you, man. If you like the Neca, that’s cool. It looks very nice.

But it’s not really a substitute for the Mafex. 7” vs 6”, yellow emblem vs no yellow, super long ears vs shorter.

I also can’t believe that Mafex is finally out next month. Feels like years since it was announced.

I already have the S.H. Figuarts JL Batman with the ball-joint modified, the Yamaguchi Batman, and the McFarlane Arkham Batman. The Hush look isn't distinctive enough for me, I don't like the Mafex wrist system and I love the exaggerated comic-book styling of the NECA Batman. He looks like a 90's rendition of comic book Michael Keaton, drawn by Neal Adams or something. I love the proportions, I get another quality figure along with it and it's still lower in price (if I get it at Wal-Mart). Also, I'd actually rather pose him with the Arkham Joker than the Arkham Batman, simply due to the fact that the headsculpt has a more comic book feel.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 11, 2020

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Mezco announced the 1:12 Reeve Superman, which I want to get, but gently caress man, $125 is one hell of a price tag. It better have some cool poo poo with it, or I'll just wait for the inevitable bootleg.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

OMG. Playmates is re-releasing the original 6 as an "SDCC" exclusive.

I don't collect TMNT and haven't followed any of the series for years but the nostalgia factor on this is insane.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
So if you ordered the Bandai Space Marine and still haven't gotten yours, there's a reason that is... not awesome.

I feel like an "in character" response to a screw up this substantial is perhaps inadvisable, but it looks like they shipped TWO Space Marines to some folks, instead of one.

And because it was a limited run figure that is now selling for north of $300 a pop on eBay, it seems unlikely that they'll be able to reasonably recover a decent chunk of them (and those that they DO recover may well have been opened).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm pretty sure in the US if a company sends you something you didn't pay for, it's yours. They can ask, but you have no obligation.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aphrodite posted:

I'm pretty sure in the US if a company sends you something you didn't pay for, it's yours. They can ask, but you have no obligation.

I remember reading that too. Legally it’s a gift.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea basically they just did a "Buy 1 get 1 free!" sale without meaning to.

In other news, I broke down and pre ordered the Reeve Mezco, but holy poo poo the website is hosed up at the moment. Paypal transactions weren't working, hell the first credit card I tried didn't work. Ended up having to go to a new private browser and that finally let the order go through.

Really hoping the smiling head sculpt is a prototype though, cause drat it's creepy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It did that when I ordered John Wick too. Seems like it happens every time they have a website exclusive.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'd really like to know the backstory of that figure. What's the point of it when it's such a limited release and the McFarlane figures were announced shortly afterward? It sort of feels like someone at Bandai just really wanted to do a Space Marine figure, but if it was a passion project you'd think they would've bothered to make it Codex compliant.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

RevKrule posted:

I don't collect TMNT and haven't followed any of the series for years but the nostalgia factor on this is insane.

I could swear this is the 3rd or 4th time they’ve re-released at the very least, the Turtles, so you might be able to get those other re-releases cheap.

Cool box, though!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

funtax posted:

So if you ordered the Bandai Space Marine and still haven't gotten yours, there's a reason that is... not awesome.

I feel like an "in character" response to a screw up this substantial is perhaps inadvisable, but it looks like they shipped TWO Space Marines to some folks, instead of one.

And because it was a limited run figure that is now selling for north of $300 a pop on eBay, it seems unlikely that they'll be able to reasonably recover a decent chunk of them (and those that they DO recover may well have been opened).

I am one of those people who still has not gotten his.

Really sucks.

Edit: in fact I've received exactly 0 emails since my initial order confirmation back in October. Just complete radio silence. Was waiting because I assumed covid shipping delays, but now I'm legit pissed. Gonna call them tomorrow.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jun 13, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got my a Snake Eyes and aside from the knife not fitting in the sheath he is cool.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

RevKrule posted:

Shame it's not the full first wave, would be much more tempting if Bebop and Rocksteady were included

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I got my a Snake Eyes and aside from the knife not fitting in the sheath he is cool.

Lucky. Pulse said all of mine are pushed back to July 1st. (Except Destro, I'm getting him from somewhere else.)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gripweed posted:

I'd really like to know the backstory of that figure. What's the point of it when it's such a limited release and the McFarlane figures were announced shortly afterward? It sort of feels like someone at Bandai just really wanted to do a Space Marine figure, but if it was a passion project you'd think they would've bothered to make it Codex compliant.

Bandai making it skirts import tariffs and GW has been trying lots of different ways to regrow their Japanese market.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Bandai making it skirts import tariffs and GW has been trying lots of different ways to regrow their Japanese market.

But as far as I know it's not getting a wider release in Japan than it is in America and Europe. It is equally difficult to get anywhere in the world. Games Workshop's other gestures towards the Japanese market, opening Warhammer stores in Japan, the Space Marines Heroes line, the gashapaon, all make sense. This one weird figure doesn't.

And why isn't it Codex compliant?!! That shows a bizarre lack of care on both GW and Bandai's part in the creation of this super limited and expensive figure. It's like they signed a contract and both parties immediately regretted it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So hey what’s the deal with mezco’s site? I ordered that Superman in the comfort of my bed and it went out without a hitch but I’m reading everyone’s order is taking forever to process and sometimes it doesn’t go through. What’s up with that?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Gripweed posted:

And why isn't it Codex compliant?!!

Could somebody explain what this means to somebody who knows absolutely nothing about Warhammer?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Could somebody explain what this means to somebody who knows absolutely nothing about Warhammer?

The Codex Astartes is the book written the Primarch Roboute Guilliman laying down tactics and codes of conduct for Space Marines. Not all chapters follow the Codex, and some pick and choose the parts they like. But The Ultramarines, Guilliman's own First Founding Chapter adhere to it rigidly.

Part of the Codex lays out the rules the markings on a Space Marine armor

Here is the Bandai Space Marine

You can see on his shoulder that he is a member of the third Battleline squad in the second company. But look at his helmet! He's wearing a commander helmet! Which doesn't match his shoulder. And if he's a commander honestly his armor should be more ornate and decorated.

Compare that to the McFarlane Space Marine, which is rigidly Codex compliant. Sergeant helmet, appropriate shoulder and knee markings, and although the tilting shield isn't demanded by the Codex, an extra bit of flair is appropriate for an officer.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 15, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
in conclusion,

NEEEERRRRRRRDDD

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

That's the kind of dumb bullshit I am super into. That's awesome, lol.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The second one looks really stupid with the red helmet.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aphrodite posted:

Please remember that these rules were made up for a tabletop game. The Space Marine miniatures are like an inch tall. The Lieutenants and Commanders are individual units, but the Sergeants are one model in a 5-20 man unit. So they need a clear signifier to allow the players to immediately pick the Sergeant out of the blob of 20 one inch tall men.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aphrodite posted:

God yes. Have a blue helmet with red parts maybe? But it just looks like he's grabbed the wrong helmet in a hurry out the door.

EDIT:

Gripweed posted:

Please remember that these rules were made up for a tabletop game. The Space Marine miniatures are like an inch tall. The Lieutenants and Commanders are individual units, but the Sergeants are one model in a 5-20 man unit. So they need a clear signifier to allow the players to immediately pick the Sergeant out of the blob of 20 one inch tall men.

Also true. I GUESS.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The_Doctor posted:

God yes. Have a blue helmet with red parts maybe? But it just looks like he's grabbed the wrong helmet in a hurry out the door.

Fine, you guys can just hope they do a Blood Angels Hellblaster Sergeant figure and then swap the heads

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 15, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

EDIT:

Also true. I GUESS.
another thing is that the "blue armor, red helmet for sergeants" thing was really obvious during 2nd edition when ultramarines were the most prominent chapter by far, and also was the "blood red paint(literally the specific paint's name) on loving EVERYTHING" era, so the red helmets blended in more seamlessly when your squads looked like this:

(I believe this is our very own goon SRM's work and not a different one!)

I loving love the goofy, colorful style of 2nd edition 40k minis. also apparently at some point games workshop just said gently caress it and started making truescale space marines instead of the relatively dumpily-proportioned ones they've always made?

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 15, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Seems like the massive standard on his back stands out more than his little red hat.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Fuzz posted:

I am one of those people who still has not gotten his.

Really sucks.

Edit: in fact I've received exactly 0 emails since my initial order confirmation back in October. Just complete radio silence. Was waiting because I assumed covid shipping delays, but now I'm legit pissed. Gonna call them tomorrow.

Not that it'll effect you directly but I was a guy who got two marines and I got this email:

Games Workshop posted:

Honoured Commander!

The time has come for us to inform you of your orders to ensure the efficient re-deployment of your additional Bandai Marine.

We have requested that the package be collected from your address by UPS. They will attempt to collect the package on week commencing 15th of June in the between 12 noon and 8pm, from your confirmed delivery address.
Please have the package sealed and ready for collection. Don't worry about shipping labels, we have supplied UPS with these. Just make sure that there are no other labels on whatever you package the Marine up in. Our UPS driver will knock when ready to collect the package, so no need to leave it out on the doorstep.
If UPS are not able to collect the package on the first attempt, they will try on 2 subsequent nights. If after the third attempt they are still not able to collect the package, you will have a shipping label posted through your door, and you can attach this to your package, and post it back to us via a UPS drop off point.

Our Administratum operatives have been working hard to make sure that we have a solution that is both easy and safe, but if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thats their second email. First one said to print out a label and send it back. Now they're gonna come and collect it and have labels printed and ready to go :stare: They're pretty drat serious about this.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Could they not be cringeworthy for five goddamn seconds

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Captain Invictus posted:

I loving love the goofy, colorful style of 2nd edition 40k minis. also apparently at some point games workshop just said gently caress it and started making truescale space marines instead of the relatively dumpily-proportioned ones they've always made?

Oh dude. The true scale marines aren't truescale marines. They're a new thing, Primaris Space Marines. It turns out, before Guilliman was mortally wounded by Fulgrim he secretly ordered the Archmagos Dominus Belisaurius Cawl to come up with improvements to Space Marines. Thousands of years later, Cawl and the servants of the new Eldar god of the dead Ynnead were able to heal Guilliman's fatal wound. At which point Cawl was like, "oh yeah I finished that thing you asked me to do. Awhile ago, actually. I got like thousands of new better Space Marines in stasis. You want them?"

So both the new Space Marines and the old dumpy ones are running around now. Although of course they haven't made a new old Marine kit since the Primaris Marines were released. Basically the Space Marine range was too big to replace all in one go, and they didn't want to risk pissing off players by telling them to replace all their old dudes, so they came up with the Primaris lore to justify new Space Marine kits that are closer to human proportions without squatting the old ones.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Tracula posted:

Not that it'll effect you directly but I was a guy who got two marines and I got this email:

Thats their second email. First one said to print out a label and send it back. Now they're gonna come and collect it and have labels printed and ready to go :stare: They're pretty drat serious about this.

They’re making it sound serious, but you’re under no obligation to send it back.

Link for proving

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

The_Doctor posted:

They’re making it sound serious, but you’re under no obligation to send it back.

Link for proving

Oh I know. I already talked about this in the 40k thread in Trad games. Normally I'd say they can blow it our their rear end and keep the second but I do feel bad if folks are getting shorted on what they ordered with a limited BTO figure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What tickles me is the rising desperation as the email goes on.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Heres the first email they sent me for context:

Games Workshop posted:

Dear Honourable Commander (real name removed)

We recently deployed to your location a pre-requisitioned Primaris Intercessor - code name BANDAI

It seems that in our haste to ensure the rapid deployment of your BANDAI Marine, our stock servitors have double shipped your order. G8109862

As much as we would love to say to you ‘Clearly the Emperor's Blessing is upon you, use these additional supplies to vanquish the foes of the Imperium’ - we can’t do that in this instance. As you know these figures were a limited run, and made to order. So the second marine will need to be recalled and redeployed.

Of course we don’t want you to be out of pocket or for this to be a lengthy awkward process (I mean...you’ve already had to read this email) We will arrange how to make this happen for you, just keep an eye out in your inbox for a shipping label from FedEx and details on next steps, coming early next week

We really appreciate your help on this one. If you have any questions please let me know.

Take Care

Yeah, they got like 10x more desperate since then. I wonder how big of a gently caress up this was because this seems crazy how desperate they're getting going from make your own label to NO NO PLEASE GIVE IT BACK WE'LL KNOCK THREE TIMES PLEASE.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gripweed posted:

Oh dude. The true scale marines aren't truescale marines. They're a new thing, Primaris Space Marines. It turns out, before Guilliman was mortally wounded by Fulgrim he secretly ordered the Archmagos Dominus Belisaurius Cawl to come up with improvements to Space Marines. Thousands of years later, Cawl and the servants of the new Eldar god of the dead Ynnead were able to heal Guilliman's fatal wound. At which point Cawl was like, "oh yeah I finished that thing you asked me to do. Awhile ago, actually. I got like thousands of new better Space Marines in stasis. You want them?"

So both the new Space Marines and the old dumpy ones are running around now. Although of course they haven't made a new old Marine kit since the Primaris Marines were released. Basically the Space Marine range was too big to replace all in one go, and they didn't want to risk pissing off players by telling them to replace all their old dudes, so they came up with the Primaris lore to justify new Space Marine kits that are closer to human proportions without squatting the old ones.

For about half your post I thought this was gonna turn into an age of sigmar-esque thing but eh, that sounds fine enough, I will accept that

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Cobra Commander is revealed:
https://www.ign.com/articles/cobra-...uih6w4ce-j-R2QY

And this repaint is an exclusive for a shopping app that will go live in three days (https://thentwrk.com/shows), but I like it a lot more:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBdqfvZAv7V/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
Please come and buy all the things.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927757