Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Really, guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

rydiafan posted:

Tom Bombadil is garbage and omitting him from the movies is the single greatest decision in the history of cinema.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Montalvo posted:

Really, guy?
It's a very old meme from The First Age, when such words were not frowned upon as today.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Tom Bombadil should have been an Easter egg on the dvd menus. He would dance around or smoke or spin the ring around if you took too long to pick a selection. No other explanation would be given.

Wait, he isn't?

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Memento posted:

I heard, that motherfucker, had like, thirty goddamn dicks

In a row?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stop triggering me !!

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Not like thish...

Not like thish.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

drat... retro. It’s funny seeing these old image macros and their size now. I remember that one being so much bigger but I guess we were all rocking 800x600 or 1024x768. Like I went and tracked down Korn.jpg a while back and it is no longer comically huge.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's still pretty big tho

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Tom Bombadil should have been in an 80s rap music video

Also they needed The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins in there

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It's still pretty big tho

Hello old friend.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

x

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Both of those bros can literally shoot fire from their hands

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
burning a human body requires a lot of outside fuel since it's 80% water, i imagine getting some petrol is easier than spamming B for 30 minutes

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Truga posted:

burning a human body requires a lot of outside fuel since it's 80% water, i imagine getting some petrol is easier than spamming B for 30 minutes

Halfpress B to eliminate evidence.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Can't have your ashes be thrown into the eyes of a right-wing politician if you're buried.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Resting Lich Face posted:

Can't have your ashes be thrown into the eyes of a right-wing politician if you're buried.
But you can have your entire corpse thrown at them, perhaps with a catapult of trebuchet.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
When I die, tie a car battery to me and throw me in the ocean

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

I miss when lord of the rings was underground poo poo for cool people

gently caress yes robert plant, you go ahead and sing the best song ever made while I take another hit of this acid

Hmm yes Led Zeppelin and LOTR, two things that were definitely "underground" in the 1970s.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

drat horror queefs posted:

I just looked up autozone memes, and it's like a sea of people airing petty grievances with their service in meme format.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/BoughtTheRope/status/1271552379922644993

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao

Away all Goats has a new favorite as of 20:37 on Jun 13, 2020

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CannonFodder posted:

Transition lenses.

:mmmhmm:

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

What if my traditional burial ritual is cremation? Mario you closed minded bigot we've been molotoffin those coffins for thousands of years as well.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Don Gato posted:

What if my traditional burial ritual is cremation? Mario you closed minded bigot we've been molotoffin those coffins for thousands of years as well.

You didn't do it to Margaret Thatcher while it was alive so you ain't poo poo.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Don Gato posted:

A burial is the specific ritual of putting in the ground, if you've been "molotoffin those coffins" then is your ritual some sort of earth oven thing?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Return me to my ancestors medium rare.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

A burial is the specific ritual of putting in the ground, if you've been "molotoffin those coffins" then is your ritual some sort of earth oven thing?

Ya shove the ashes into the dirt after you pick the bones out, it isn't that hard.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Cook me like a festival goat

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

One last totally legal thrill for the road.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Is that a thing though? Can you opt in for a burial at sea? Have them take you 100 miles out, tie a cinderblock to you and dump you overboard.

Nice and quick, and provides lots of nutrients to sea life. I'd do that.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Pretty sure they called him Hermes Trismegistos or something like that. I may be wrong but I can't remember a single Greek word that ends on a thèta, not even a loanword.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm going with Burial in Trash. Maybe it's not legal but what are they going to do, recycle me?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Probably have to work out something with the local authorities, but I don't see why not. There's already companies who do pretty much the same thing on land - you're 'buried' in basically a compost heap designed to reduce you down as fast as possible, then after about a month you're some fertile soil for a memorial tree or something.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Don Gato posted:

Ya shove the ashes into the dirt after you pick the bones out, it isn't that hard.

No no, you leave the bones in, they impart a lot of the flavour.

For real though I know cultures do poo poo differently and view death in different ways and all that, but I've often thought the tradition of digging through your dead relly's remains with some big ol' chopsticks could be kinda traumatic for the survivors. Do they leave the skull and everything in?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Having a big swinging dick is a sign that you are dumb and probably a barbarian too.

Ancient greeks also spent a lot of time complaining about chads.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In modern times we have a machine called a cremulator that helpfully reduces the skeleton to a sort of coarse grit of bone chips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elfface posted:

Probably have to work out something with the local authorities, but I don't see why not. There's already companies who do pretty much the same thing on land - you're 'buried' in basically a compost heap designed to reduce you down as fast as possible, then after about a month you're some fertile soil for a memorial tree or something.

Yeah and once I die it's even faster.