Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

#TeamMike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
https://twitter.com/kctharington/status/1271160820500594689

I'm posting this more for Orton's opinion. I understand where he's coming from about not wanting your body breaking down. But he was a legacy who was signed by WWE almost as soon as he started wrestling, and then when he made his debut was pretty much shotgunned right up to the top of the card. He's never going to be fired (what's he up to? 5 wellness violations now?), he's never going to lose his slot in the upper midcard. So yea, there's absolutely no reason to go out there, be boring and make sure you make as much money as you can.

If an NXT guy is signed, wrestles like Orton has for nearly forever, he's never going to get promoted.

Orton's got over 1,300 singles matches in WWE, and of those 15 are rated 4-4 1/4 star, one is rated 4 1/2 stars (the Foley match at Backlash) and there's nothing higher. It's ironic that his highest rated match was with Mick Foley, a guy who felt bad if he hadn't entertained everyone that paid to see him that night.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Orton only became a wrestler because being a marine was too hard.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Orton has been injured a bunch of times.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:(

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

fatherofmustard posted:

Orton has been injured a bunch of times.

The first time anyone anywhere gave a poo poo about Randy Orton was in his RNN promos while preparing to come back from a shoulder injury.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Orton is right, he needs to tell HHH that NXT is poo poo and fix things.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
What if the Mike Kurtz account is just rovert returning under a mask after he did the job in his Loser Leaves Town match? #askquestions

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Who loving cares about orton

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like Orton. Not as like a person. Love the RKO.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1216202603727675392

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

syzpid posted:

If an NXT guy is signed, wrestles like Orton has for nearly forever, he's never going to get promoted.

If anything wrestling like Orton is going to get you promoted sooner

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Randy Orton is a much, much, much better worker than NXT's #2(?) babyface(?), Dexter Lumis.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think its really funny that old timey guys will poo poo on indie guys doing dangerous poo poo when that's really the only thing that ever draws. No one gave a gently caress about Marko Stunt until Ace Romero knocked his rear end into the 3rd row. Joey Janella was a funny guy who was friendly with fans until Zandig dropped him.

Now the perverse part is the those same doddering opinions are absolutely true for WWE. No one remembers Kevin Owens getting thrown off a cell, all those NXT workrate sprint spectacles get a polite comment from Meltzer are just dates on a spreadsheet. They'll remember Becky Lynch's pregnancy announcement long long long after they remember she wrestled matches.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Not only do people not remember the car crash spots for stuff like Gargano/Ciampa but people now actively hate those matches or never want to revisit them due to the nature of the feud. But since Ciampa is a Blue Lives Matter chud I’m fine with him destroying his body for developmental pay and constantly getting hurt.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

I don't agree with everything here but he's 100 percent correct that the NXT house style is nonsensical and bordering on unwatchable

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's such a shame that the only two wrestling styles possible are "do exactly the same sequence of moves as you've done every other time, monotonously working the hard cam" and "drop an entire shipping container directly onto your neck every thirty seconds for an audience of nobody". Oh well, just one of those things.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought nxt was both of those things

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cavauro posted:

i thought nxt was both of those things

we call this "fusion"

which is what many of their wrestlers need for their vertebrae

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Tato posted:

Not only do people not remember the car crash spots for stuff like Gargano/Ciampa but people now actively hate those matches or never want to revisit them due to the nature of the feud. But since Ciampa is a Blue Lives Matter chud I’m fine with him destroying his body for developmental pay and constantly getting hurt.

As someone who fell off the train early (during the first Gargano-Ciampa match: I watched it thinking that it was a load of wank and then was shocked by the reaction to it) its been interesting to increasingly see people come to the same realisations about the NXT house style and the sort of matches they were. Don't know when it seemed to become the general consensus opinion: I think the third Gargano/Cole match was a tipping point for a lot of people and then the most recent ONE FINAL BEAT or whatever it was (which I still have not seen and plan to never see) Gargano-Ciampa thing was almost universally derided.

Here's the thing for me: I like an impressive high spot as much as anyone. The thing is that if you have lots of them in every match you put on it dulls the impact of them and that becomes the new normal: so your massive crazy bump doesn't get any more reaction than a normal transition move because you've established it as a transition move and not as something more important. You can't keep on upping the ante since by doing that you have to do more and more each big match and at some point you'll either reach the limit of human endurance or people will realise that its incredibly over the top and not buy into it. The other issue I have, and its a personal thing I admit, is that there's a massive reliance on high spots over other bits of wrestling that can be as compelling as those high spots and it means that NXT things often feel very one-dimensional compared to other promotions which have a much more diverse set of wrestlers.

With Orton its a worst guy/good point deal: his argument is valid in terms of criticism of NXT but its not like his style is any more meaningful. He probably sees himself as some genius intelligent wrestler that manages to have great matches with good storyline moments without silly bumps but his stuff is dull and I don't think I've ever seen a genuinely great Randy Orton match. Pro wrestling doesn't need to be a lot of high spots with people injuring themselves doing things that will be forgotten an hour later; but it also doesn't need to be a parade of generic chinlocks either.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wrestlestruggle/status/1271881360827965442

:chloe:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

G*d d*mn R*nee

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I can barely remember anything Orton does.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

:sax: ?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonzo McFee posted:

I can barely remember anything Orton does.

I remember he kissed stephanie once and HHH’s revenge was to wrestle a regular match against him.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Like y'all didn't cry the first time you realized you would never have s*x with M*x

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Sex cauldron?? I thought they shut that place down

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i wish i had a crazy fan who wanted to marry me

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Maybe you do.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Seth Rollins posted:

i wish i had a crazy fan who wanted to marry me

Hey

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/Ray97464036/status/1271313542545719298

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/ray97464036/status/1271884397575376896?s=21

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

what would your fiancee say

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Seth Rollins posted:

what would your fiancee say

Take that moon

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right
i hope you take that moon my wiefe

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

it's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right
i hope you take that moon my wiefe

Lmfao

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/wokestonecold/status/1271885541404016648

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

"She engages with some fans therefore she should engage with toxic insane people"

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

gotta take your shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ganbatte Ray

Be nice to Alexa bliss or I’ll eat you.