Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Kart Barfunkel posted:

How are you expected to grow a beard without getting stubble? Either you get hired with one or you remain clean shaven?

Exactly. Beard-growing is not allowed, but you can keep one if it's already in good shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

unpaid beard leave

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Kart Barfunkel posted:

How are you expected to grow a beard without getting stubble? Either you get hired with one or you remain clean shaven?

I used to work at a place where it was either clean shaven or full beard. You literally had to request a holiday to grow one

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/wesleygroupllc/status/1267859022998384640?s=19

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I wonder if anyone has tried to do an AirBNB in their timeshare to recoup the costs

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

I'm guessing they buy the debt at pennies on the dollar and then charge their customers more than they paid for said debt.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Boksi posted:

I'm guessing they buy the debt at pennies on the dollar and then charge their customers more than they paid for said debt.

Wesley Financial is owned by the company that sells the timeshares.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

blatman posted:

I wonder if anyone has tried to do an AirBNB in their timeshare to recoup the costs

Christ what a dire sentence

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Kart Barfunkel posted:

They were expected to do it while on vacation.

They’ve changed the policy and now allow stubble on the job, but only when transitioning between approved facial hair styles.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 01:19 on Jun 11, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It only applies to men, time to lord my lovely neckbeard over them thanks to the radical gender activism.

(jk I'm not hot or cis enough to get a job at Disney)

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/twigharper/status/1270847862700683264

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I AM A GAMER
NOT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A LIFE

BUT BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO HAVE MANY

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I AM A GAMER
NOT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A LIFE

BUT BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO HAVE MANY

I choose to start with 3 lives and every time I run over a tiny version of my own head I get 1 more up to a maximum of 9

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/emilyabenfer/status/1271058540485017600

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I got some fun spam from a concealed carry training place today

quote:

Every time a lunatic launches a massacre, this country gets closer and closer to taking away your Second Amendment rights—which you NEED to protect yourself and loved ones from this madness. It’s time to get Concealed Carry Certified before the liberal nut jobs steal your right to own a gun!

Did you see the gun control protests on Fox News? There’s an active shooter and Dems want us to run and hide when we could be neutralizing the threat and saving lives???

The interesting thing to me is that it's basically cold-reading but for gun violence. Like, statistically in America regardless of when you get this spam there's probably been a mass shooting and/or Fox News is probably showing scaremongering footage of gun control protests. It's kinda impressively crafted and also very depressing.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

blatman posted:

I choose to start with 3 lives and every time I run over a tiny version of my own head I get 1 more up to a maximum of 9

That sounds way easier than punching random metal garbage cans until a fully cooked turkey pops out that I then suck up through my feet.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

That sounds way easier than punching random metal garbage cans until a fully cooked turkey pops out that I then suck up through my feet.

Thanksgiving is the best holiday

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Thanks! I hate it!

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

los_angeles.jpg

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1271797426727391232
I don't get why everyone talks poo poo about capitalism in here. If everyone goes out right now and gets the virus and pays 1.8 million each we can keep the economy going for a few more days. Capitalism isn't dead yet!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Koishi Komeiji posted:

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1271797426727391232
I don't get why everyone talks poo poo about capitalism in here. If everyone goes out right now and gets the virus and pays 1.8 million each we can keep the economy going for a few more days. Capitalism isn't dead yet!

The guy in the article feels guilty for having cost the health care system a million dollars to save his life. The context is that he actually thinks that was the cost of his treatment and not some number pulled out of some insurance drones lovely algorithm

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

The Nastier Nate posted:

The guy in the article feels guilty for having cost the health care system a million dollars to save his life. The context is that he actually thinks that was the cost of his treatment and not some number pulled out of some insurance drones lovely algorithm

He should be mad as hell and threatening to burn down that hospital. I know I'd be doing that if someone gave me such a bill.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I brought this article up today and a friend of mine who is a staunch defender of capitalism and loves to say things like "dump all your savings into stonks" argued that the million dollars was actually the cost of treatment

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Len posted:

I brought this article up today and a friend of mine who is a staunch defender of capitalism and loves to say things like "dump all your savings into stonks" argued that the million dollars was actually the cost of treatment

Jesus Christ dude loving :sever:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Len posted:

Weird that the amount the insurance company paid behind the scenes probably wasn't even 1/10th that, yet the hospital somehow didn't go bankrupt either. Oh well I guess that's just the invisible hand of the free market somehow.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Len posted:

Probably someone who never tried to pay without insurance.

"It'll cost you $400 for the 15 min visit"

"I don't have insurance can I pay cash?

"Okay it'll be $50 we'll set up a payment plan"

That million dollars includes a 15000% markup on the cost of any drugs used.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bruh

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Is that yours?

:owned:

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/PNickCurran/status/1271904837572100096

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inceltown posted:

Is that yours?

:owned:

no I stole it from a mutual on Twitter

I’m married so I got 2,400 or whatever

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

my mom got like 38 bucks in hers, because she made a whole 79 grand last year

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I got 2,200 because I'm self employed and got an extra thousand of those small business bux

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Me and my wife together got like $1600, which almost perfectly paid for our tax bill created due to the withholding still being hosed up at my wife's company from Trump's tax changes.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Len posted:

wait does this person actually believe the "service provided: 2 stitches; the provider billed: $100,000; we negotiated: $50,000; we paid: $40,000; your responsibility: $10,000" bills that insurance companies gaslight you with? do they not realize (a) they're complete bullshit and have no obligation to be honest under any reasonable person's (i.e., non insurance lawyer) definition, (b) most of the money they pay they're paying to another arm of the same company, it's just how they launder it out of the premium payments part, and most importantly (c) IT'S YOUR loving MONEY. YOU PAID PREMIUMS. YOUR EMPLOYER PAID PREMIUMS INSTEAD OF PAYING YOU

reformism and informed-consumer-legislation is lib bullshit but they still should require those bills to include a cumulative total of your paid premiums

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Breakfast All Day posted:

wait does this person actually believe the "service provided: 2 stitches; the provider billed: $100,000; we negotiated: $50,000; we paid: $40,000; your responsibility: $10,000" bills that insurance companies gaslight you with? do they not realize (a) they're complete bullshit and have no obligation to be honest under any reasonable person's (i.e., non insurance lawyer) definition, (b) most of the money they pay they're paying to another arm of the same company, it's just how they launder it out of the premium payments part, and most importantly (c) IT'S YOUR loving MONEY. YOU PAID PREMIUMS. YOUR EMPLOYER PAID PREMIUMS INSTEAD OF PAYING YOU

reformism and informed-consumer-legislation is lib bullshit but they still should require those bills to include a cumulative total of your paid premiums

He also believes public transit is garbage and inefficient because our small rural part of Ohio has a bus line that comes by like once an hour. And refuses to believe that major cities that actually fund public transit do not have that problem

He even had the guy who used to live in Columbus saying "no Mike, the bus line is great and you never wait more than 10 minutes what are you talking about"

This conversation came up because I got on a rant that car insurance is a scam and these companies just charge you whatever they feel like with no justification and will raise you're rates the moment they have to pay out. He doesn't think that's accurate in any way

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mycomancy posted:

He should be mad as hell and threatening to burn down that hospital. I know I'd be doing that if someone gave me such a bill.

I remember being aghast when they sent me a bill for a week-end in the heart ward, treatment, drugs, and lab work, plus six months of medication, because I thought healthcare was supposed to be free.

It was 32€.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

one time i had an allergic reaction in my mouth that had to be biopsied to make sure it wasn't cancer and between the walgreens doctor and the dental referral it was $255 to learn i did not have cancer and that was abt 20 hours' labor for me at the time so I let my gas get shut off and ate microwave food for a couple months

did u know u can make spaghetti bolognese entirely in the microwave and that it ends up chewy and tasting like a meat lacroix? it's pioneer discoveries like these that a coddled healthcare system prevents you from experiencing, truly we should weep for ppl with socialized healthcare