Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which happens first?
This poll is closed.
Luffy becomes the Pirate King 9 8.26%
Asta becomes the Wizard King 5 4.59%
Deku becomes the Symbol Of Peace 10 9.17%
Shippuden stops airing 8 7.34%
We all die 77 70.64%
Total: 109 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bro Dad posted:

now imagine watching this episode for the first time at age 14 because youre waiting for gundam to come on

I completely missed the twist that they were already dead when I watched as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Rhonne posted:

So in case you didn't realize it. They're already dead.

Have they been dead the whole time, or did they die at some point earlier in the episode that I missed?

I’ve seen this ep several times before and I never figured out when they actually died.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I. M. Gei posted:

Have they been dead the whole time, or did they die at some point earlier in the episode that I missed?

I’ve seen this ep several times before and I never figured out when they actually died.

Rhonne posted:

They died when they were demolishing the building near the start of the episode, everything after that was just their ghosts(they never had shadows while everyone else did).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Benjamin Franklin and his friends must now do 100 good deeds to pass on to the afterlife.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Happy Family Planning rules. It's like, the most upbeat and whimsical episode in the series despite being about suicide.
That being said, allow me to bring down the mood by positing that the girl probably wanted to kill herself because she wasn't wanted. Hence, Happy Family Planning.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

Benjamin Franklin and his friends must now do 100 good deeds to pass on to the afterlife.

100 train rides for the little girl while she yells at everything she sees.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

dungeon cousin posted:

The train jumper might have been a ghost too.

Definitely was. Him walking away with the crowd not reacting was the show's first big hint that something was amiss.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

I’ve seen this ep several times before and I never figured that out.

Rhonne posted:

They died when they were demolishing the building near the start of the episode, everything after that was just their ghosts(they never had shadows while everyone else did).

Another thing to notice is that no one else in the episode ever seems to acknowledge their existence. The only time anyone else notices them is Lil Slugger and when those girls at the end of the episode see them in their camera.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I asked last week if mob could beat up little slugger but after learning that little slugger is scared of ghosts I think the answer is obvious.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lil Slugger is about to have GHOST PROBLEMS.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I do like how this episode more or less has nothing to do with the rest of the plot other than a token Lil' Slugger appearance for two minutes. Satoshi Kon just really wanted to tell a story about a suicide club, and I respect the commitment to a tangent.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I asked last week if mob could beat up little slugger but after learning that little slugger is scared of ghosts I think the answer is obvious.

Lil Slugger only goes after those who are emotionally cornered and these three suicidal goofballs clearly aren't.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Love how this gag is basically a smaller version of the season finale.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

It's a rock-paper-scissors cycle. Psychics beat ghosts. Ghosts beat memes. Memes beat psychics.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Congratulations, Mob, you're a gang leader now.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
dude, what the gently caress was that episode

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The new Run the Jewels album is loving awesome

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

lol run the jewels amv

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

A comedy about three human beings trying to commit suicide that turns into a comedy about three ghosts trying to commit suicide.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Argus Zant posted:

Benjamin Franklin's Ride And Die 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Argus Zant posted:

A weird comedy disguising itself as a Paranoia Agent episode

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Argus Zant posted:

For a while the animation and the art style had me thinking that it might have been a bottle episode. I'm not an expert on this kind of thing so I'm probably just pulling something out of my butt.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Argus Zant posted:

I have to tell you, Argus, your initial reactions are what's making this rewatch so fun.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You know, if Jojo we're still on, I think we'd be seeing the most important sequence of Part 5 tonight.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Shinji's seaweed hair makes me think of the infinitely shittier Shinji from Fate/Stay Night.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Supersonic Shine posted:

Shinji's seaweed hair makes me think of the infinitely shittier Shinji from Fate/Stay Night.

i can name 3 Shinjis across my anime viewing experience, and they're all shitbirds, what's up with that

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Misunderstandings and lies are always hard for me to watch, but this one particularly sucks.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dangerous Person posted:

The new Run the Jewels album is loving awesome

I liked RTJ3 well enough as someone who doesn't really listen to a lot of hip-hop, but yeah, RTJ4 rips

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
OH COME ON

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
this show is a loving parody of itself

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Is the singer saying "we can kiss the gay?" Asking for a friend

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kerning Chameleon posted:

After Pain killed himself the Wizard King rezed himself for no adequately explored reason and to rez all the supporting characters he just killed Asta sworded the stupid demon to death and put all the genocide elf souls to rest, the entire village hailed Naruto as a hero the driving conflict with magic ISIS seeking the magic stones was resolved and would've been an excellent place to end the anime.

Unfortunately, it continued. The anime has now entered THE FILLERING SHAMBLES LIKE A loving CORPSE INTO AN EVEN WORSE ARC THAT IS LIKE STILL AT THE BEGINNING IN THE MANGA SERIOUSLY WHAT THE gently caress

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Wizard King built The Death Star?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

has anyone done a time comparison between flashbacks and things actually happening

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
also, arc over, asta's harem incremented again now that nero's boyfriend is dead dead or whatever who gives a gently caress

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

This curse is Wiggity Weg yo

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

shut up shut up SHUT UP

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

How many times is this conversation going to go "exposition, funny aside, oh sorry anyway" it's already happened like 4 times!

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
oh so those *are* horns

what loving ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
by the way, the genocide elves couldn't even kill the lovely nobility right, and now they want asta's scalp for the whole stupid affair

i hate black clover i hate black clover i hate black clover