Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Agents of Shield : Oops all LMDs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Anyone have some theories on whats going on with May? I thought she was gonna end up being a hybrid LMD thing, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe she has some issues after the season 6 finale like Yoyo does, but no clue what exactly.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

howe_sam posted:

See, I don't buy they because if memory serves Daisy was in the room with her and that's a hell of a big reveal to just flat not show.

Unless Daisy is also an LMD, again...
I mean, Daisy was in the room, sure, but the last thing you see of her in this episode is right before Gemma flips the switch or whatever. All I'm saying is we don't know anything about what happened in that room after the EMP went off. We know a little about what happened to everyone else (so much so that I know that Yoyo's robot arms are somehow still working even though the Chronicom next to her isn't), but not Gemma or Daisy.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I thought I remembered (I could be mistaken) that when Jemma was giving her the rundown on the new arms she said shielded or shielding (implying EMP protection).

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

Agents of Shield : Oops all LMDs!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh man, I totally lost track of time. I had no idea the show was airing already.

Big lol at the first episode having a Chronichrom restrained by a pair of handcuffs though.

It's been so long that I've totally forgotten everything about Agent Carter aside from the fact that I enjoyed it. I have 0 memory of Sousa.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I loved how long they dragged out the punchline of "we had to get creative with Simmon's ID". It reminds of that Mitchell and Webb sketch with the Brain Surgeon, where you can see the punchline coming a mile off, which somehow makes it even funnier.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

swickles posted:

Anyone have some theories on whats going on with May? I thought she was gonna end up being a hybrid LMD thing, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe she has some issues after the season 6 finale like Yoyo does, but no clue what exactly.

It seems like some sort of dissociative/PTSD thing. After she had a panic attack she seemed to have somewhat snapped out of her emotionless stage.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'm really keen to see if Daisy's gung ho attitude about changing history goes somewhere cool. Bonus points if she tries to interfere in the show's own history, with Ward.

Looking real cute in the yellow, though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I loved how long they dragged out the punchline of "we had to get creative with Simmon's ID". It reminds of that Mitchell and Webb sketch with the Brain Surgeon, where you can see the punchline coming a mile off, which somehow makes it even funnier.

I liked that Sousa didn't give it away at all when she blew her cover, kept things going until it fell apart on its own and he was sure he had the upper hand. That's a professional.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

swickles posted:

My guess is Gemma/Enoch put her through Tahiti.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Piell posted:

It seems like some sort of dissociative/PTSD thing. After she had a panic attack she seemed to have somewhat snapped out of her emotionless stage.

Yeah. The fact she had a massive panic attack when her emotions kicked back in just suggests bad PTSD.

I mean, she basically died at the hands of someone who looked like the man she loved. That's not going to be fun times for your brain.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah. The fact she had a massive panic attack when her emotions kicked back in just suggests bad PTSD.

I mean, she basically died at the hands of someone who looked like the man she loved. That's not going to be fun times for your brain.

Also, there's a robot running around who wears that guys face.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, her panic was triggered by all the people running at her through the smoke. It's the same as the flashback she had of being dragged into that other dimension by hundreds of creatures.

Quick sidebar: why exactly are the Chronicom's trying to destroy SHIELD again? Something about a home planet, yeah?

And where did this time travel technology come from?

I've completely lost the plot on what's going on here, hate to say it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Chromicons forced FitzSimmons to invent time travel tech. They want to conquer Earth to replace their home world and... only SHIELD can stop them?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Open Source Idiom posted:

Quick sidebar: why exactly are the Chronicom's trying to destroy SHIELD again? Something about a home planet, yeah?

And where did this time travel technology come from?

I've completely lost the plot on what's going on here, hate to say it.

Their home planet was destroyed and they want to get earth instead. That happened after a violent fraction took over and everyone with a job like Enoch was conscripted as a hunter.
They consider SHIELD a valiant foe, so they want to cheat and mess with time to nip it in the bud. Since they take note of every event in time, they know which threads they have to pluck, for maximum effect.
The Chronicoms seem to just have had that technology, but the old regime forbid it's use.
SHIELD has their time travelling technology from a Simmons who spent a considerable time on it and went back to catch up with them.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

sticklefifer posted:

Dammit where's Fitz though? Even if they're saving him for a big reveal, Iain de Caestecker deserves to be a big part of the final season.

I fully expect him to stay sidelined until the ninth episode. The one that Elizabeth Henstridge herself was chosen to direct.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
They are doing a virtual Wizardworld with some of the cast right now: https://twitch.tv/wizardworldvirtual

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Well, okay, just saw a cast announcement vid on Marvel Entertainment’s YouTube from like five days ago...

https://youtu.be/ERUvCXVuCs4

That’s awesome! Guess this was being done to help flesh out the cast with Iain being largely out. It looks like he’s here to stay. Would they have the balls to really link his Avengers cop cameo too?

Just as long as the middle section of this deleted scene isn’t canon. lol

https://youtu.be/OhV6QZfbcs0

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The cast Q&A was really hilarious, wish they would have had some more time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xa9Gw7Andk

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Seriously, though, Enver Gjokaj is super talented and it's lovely he isn't a better known actor. His roles in Avengers, Agent Carter, and Agents of SHIELD are all probably Whedon-based after being a series regular in Dollhouse, but he was the best thing about that show by miles. Far better than it deserved.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Oasx posted:

The cast Q&A was really hilarious, wish they would have had some more time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xa9Gw7Andk

46:40 is the best question/answer/reaction I've seen in one of these.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

OB_Juan posted:

46:40 is the best question/answer/reaction I've seen in one of these.

"When I woke up this morning I had no idea it was going to be the best day of my life."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Given that all but one (well two I guess since Piper is just unaccounted for) have been written off the show, I wonder if we will get some Endgame type shenanigans of them running through previous episodes in secret.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I already love this episode.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A Coulson noir episode. Amazing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I love you Coulson

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Enoch!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Be nicer to Enoch, drat it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What is Deke going to wind up doing at the end of this series?

I feel like he is going to absolutely gently caress with something huge.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
The producers just saying gently caress it and doing what they want with this final season absolutely rules, a 100% noir episode is absolutely ridiculous to pull off now and I'm here for it...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Poor Enoch :(

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

They're definitely going to leave Enoch behind again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What was the thing in the briefcase?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Man in LA? Please be Jarvis, please be Jarvis.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

What is Deke going to wind up doing at the end of this series?

I feel like he is going to absolutely gently caress with something huge.

Its how the MCU is getting the Silver Surfer.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Codependent Poster posted:

What was the thing in the briefcase?

A McGuffin.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh snap

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
How do you not remember the man who pointed a gun at your head in the past?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You'll never guess who I ran into!

Okay, you will guess.