Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

How do I get the "Raccoon Goons" gang tag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monopodial
Sep 29, 2001
Come visit OrchidIsle and celebrate Scoot's birthday with us!

Grabe the code CLOSED

It's currently raining, and we've got a bunch of DIYs and fossils on the beaches. No need to leave anything!

If possible, please water the flowers on the highest tier of the island we have watering cans for you.

monopodial fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 14, 2020

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

ANyone still has a nooks thats open so i can unload? Homestly dont care about price right now

Edit: found a no fee island on turnip exchange and made a slight profit

Tnuctip fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 14, 2020

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bushisms.txt posted:

Probably means a pond then.

Nope, every other fish I caught in the river was ok to give her, but Angelfish was grayed out. Must be a bug with specifically that fish.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

My island is closed, thanks to everyone who came and visited. And an extra special thanks to the amazing art goons who drew on my board, especially the goon who took advantage that I made Coco's catchphrase "Nani, baka!"

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

:suicide:

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Had my first official meteor shower tonight and invited several friends over! Celeste did not attend. :(

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Renee is suddenly in boxes! Tell me if you want this lovely delinquent rhino.

Last call for Renee! Only 5 hours remain before she VANISHES FOREVER...

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Any of you lot have a price higher than 99? I forgot AC existed this week, and my partner just reminded me that I have turnips.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Just spent like 10 nook mile tickets to recruit the perfect new neighbor. Happened upon Tucker! Can’t wait for him to move in

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Took a few hard resets but finally managed to make a perfect snow deviant.

The head needs to be just the right size, or you'd normally need to wait another day to try again. Even with resetting you have to start both the body and head over again if you don't get it right.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Wasn’t someone looking for a Shallow Knit Cap in purple?

If you were that person, I got you. Hit me up.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
In the past I've seen flower breeding guides with these specific complicated layouts for getting the right hybrids, but can't find any of those now. Does anyone have a link? (If I open one more page recommending a checkerboard layout I'll scream.)

On a simpler note, if you want to be sure that two specific flowers will breed only with each other, how much space do you need between those flowers and any other flowers?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Propaniac posted:

In the past I've seen flower breeding guides with these specific complicated layouts for getting the right hybrids, but can't find any of those now. Does anyone have a link? (If I open one more page recommending a checkerboard layout I'll scream.)

On a simpler note, if you want to be sure that two specific flowers will breed only with each other, how much space do you need between those flowers and any other flowers?

I have been using this. I haven’t seen an explanation as to why in some cases you plant 2 different species together, but man it seems to crank out flowers at a rapid rate. YMMV of course.

Improved 5x5

(Not sure why they still call it 5x5. Most of the new grids are 7x7)

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Propaniac posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P0mJsxET4zaZxk2CqrKtorVI8GEavPHzy5lj2ZdV-nE/preview has a bunch of example layouts, including isolating breeding pairs using a path.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Thanks for both of these!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Anyone up for some brisk Sunday morning fossil swapping?

Have
LOTS OF BELLS
Stego Tail x2
Tricera Torso
Amber
Myllokunmingia x2
Mammoth Torso
Left quetzal wing

Need
Dinosaur Track

jivjov fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 14, 2020

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I've got an iguanodon tail, you could give me one of your stego tails for it. Post or send me your dodo code and I'll bring it over? (Also if your nooks is selling rose or mum seeds, I'd like to stop there too)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Propaniac posted:

I've got an iguanodon tail, you could give me one of your stego tails for it. Post or send me your dodo code and I'll bring it over? (Also if your nooks is selling rose or mum seeds, I'd like to stop there too)

I just got an iguanodon tail from a discord goon, but you can totally have one of the stego tails. Lemme check what seeds are in the shop

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

I also would like to know how I can get this. Anyone help us out?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

jivjov posted:

Anyone up for some brisk Sunday morning fossil swapping?

Have
LOTS OF BELLS
Stego Tail x2
Tricera Torso
Amber
Myllokunmingia x2
Mammoth Torso
Left quetzal wing

Need
Dinosaur Track

I was about to say I have everything you need but the list disappeared :v:

So I do have Dinosaur Track if you still need it, gimme a dodo code and I'll come drop it off.

The only thing I need is to get rid of all these fossils.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Licarn posted:

I was about to say I have everything you need but the list disappeared :v:

So I do have Dinosaur Track if you still need it, gimme a dodo code and I'll come drop it off.

The only thing I need is to get rid of all these fossils.

Propaniac posted:

Dodo Code is: CLOSED

Propaniac, seeds in my shop are Rose, Lily, Pansy and the Stego tail is right outside the airport

jivjov fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 14, 2020

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Thanks, I actually got rose seeds from a friend a few minutes ago, but I'll pop over and grab that tail. Glad you got the fossils you needed!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks so much for the dino track! I now have a complete fossil section of the museum!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

I also would like to know how I can get this. Anyone help us out?

You go to purchase a new avatar and put this in the text box:
code:
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/racgoons.png[/img]

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Ah, that explains why i lost mine when I had to rebuy my avatar yesterday

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I lucked out on the villager search, Olaf was visiting so I was gonna use him as my backup. Then I invited Rhonda so I could have a pair of rhinos, talked to Olaf on a whim, and he wants to kick Shari out and move in too. She's fine but she's the last of my OG residents so I've been wanting her to move out for a while now. I didn't even know you could get two newcomers in a single day :toot:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Olaf is a bit of a bummer and he never did give me good dyis. Just got rid of him myself.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sherbs moving out, heard hes popular if anyone wants him

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

bushisms.txt posted:

Olaf is a bit of a bummer and he never did give me good dyis. Just got rid of him myself.

I figure he's got good style and I was ready to accept anyone if it moved Shari out tbh. Also I came real close to grabbing Sherb on an island and I'm still unsure if I made the right choice there :sweatdrop:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
It's insanely busted that if you have somebody packing up to move, a campsite visitor will still have to pick somebody to replace instead of just taking the spot that will be vacated in less than 4 hours

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Who likes meteor showers? Yeah, that's right. You like meteor showers!

Fiorina is open and the stars are falling out of the gorgeous clear night sky right now!

Celeste is nowhere to be seen, but there are plenty of DIY recipes up for grabs nonetheless. Nooks is also selling a rattan armchair (light brown), DJ's turntable (black), wall-mounted 50 inch TV (black), and unlimited red surfboards, red rotary phones and balls (footballs, but not American footballs. So...just balls.)
Ables will be open for the next hour and they're selling gym tees, music-fest tees, spider-web tee, instant-muscle suits, noble dresses, safety helmets, goggles, nose drips, high-tops.

If you feel like watering the flower plots around the island that's cool. Same if you feel like writing a little ditty on the noticeboard! As is my custom, if you wanna catalogue anything in my house let me know and I'll grab it for you!

Dodo: CLOSED

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 14, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ok this is the best goddamned sushi restaurant I've seen

https://twitter.com/yokichikun41/status/1272021545045483520?s=20

seventimessix
Jul 18, 2011
So I logged in this morning to buy turnips, saw Clay was thinking something, then he asked if he should move out and I accidentally said yes. I force quit the game before the conversation ended, but I don't know how this stuff works. Is there anything I can do to stop him from packing up tomorrow? He's my favorite villager.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

seventimessix posted:

So I logged in this morning to buy turnips, saw Clay was thinking something, then he asked if he should move out and I accidentally said yes. I force quit the game before the conversation ended, but I don't know how this stuff works. Is there anything I can do to stop him from packing up tomorrow? He's my favorite villager.

I think if you forced before the end of the convo you're good. I remember reading an article where somebody's joycon drifted them to the "Yes" option and they screamed and shut off their DS and it ended up working.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/22/21230952/animal-crossing-new-horizons-joy-con-drift-reset-save-file

night slime
May 14, 2014

Poque posted:

I think if you forced before the end of the convo you're good. I remember reading an article where somebody's joycon drifted them to the "Yes" option and they screamed and shut off their DS and it ended up working.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/22/21230952/animal-crossing-new-horizons-joy-con-drift-reset-save-file

Shutting off the DS would not help

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
clearly I'm just itching to go back in time to before 2020 :v:

monopodial
Sep 29, 2001
Thanks to those who visited OrchidIsle yesterday. We're still finding raccoon figurines...

We're opening up again; code is Closed.

I think the only notable thing for sale is a meme shirt at Able's; it's a cat shooting lasers out of its eyes.

There's a bunch of DIYs and fossils on the beaches that are free to whoever wants them, and if you need fruit you can shake the trees.

We're breeding flowers on the highest tier of the island, at the far north and east, so watering would be very much appreciated. Watering cans are provided.

Thanks to everyone who visited!

monopodial fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 15, 2020

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Is there anyone who can help me catalog a red diner counter table (the curved one)? I have the yellow to catalog back if wanted.

Chicken Doodle fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Chicken Doodle posted:

Is there anyone who can help me catalog a red diner counter table (the curved one)? I have the yellow to catalog back if wanted.

Sure thing. Need any other red diner items?

Dodo Code: 1CRJ3

ETA: putting the dodo code down would help.

Anyone's welcome. I have some other cataloging things in the front yard of my house.

ETA as well: Dom is crafting Sandy-Beach Flooring. Please take a gift from the right plaza by the entrance

Bonster fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 15, 2020