Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Libluini posted:

Wo lebst du eigentlich???! Ich kann mein Fenster nicht öffnen, weil die schwüle Luft sonst meine Wohnung unter Wasser setzt, aber echter Regen bleibt weg als hätten wir Norddeutschen die Krätze.

Das versprochene Gewitter für das Wochenende war bloß 1-2 Blitze plus 1-2 Wassertropfen bisher.

Die paar kurzen Schauer die wir Mai/Juni hatten, sind mengenweise auch nicht so pralle gewesen.

Münich, and as I said further up, I was apparently mistaken regarding the amount of rain, but it's been near constantly bewölkt over the last couple of weeks.
Speaking of winter, I saw snow exactly once this winter.

Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Libluini posted:

Apart from the dryness doing bad things to our Ernten, gently caress you. Heat is killing me, I just can't deal with that poo poo.
The ernten are the obvious thing.

But take a walk through the forests and look around. There are suddenly a lot more dead trees and trees having some tell-tale-signs like smooth trunks where living bark should be. And many of those trees are standing, meaning they haven't died that long ago (because then they would have fallen from wind and rot). It's scary.

So yes, going "Where's my third year of drought, i wanna party!" is kinda eh?

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

If it rains I'm allowed to home office, because boss wants me to take the bike and not the bus for corona reasons. So I say bring it, Petrus.

SRF
Oct 31, 2011

Libluini posted:

Apart from the dryness doing bad things to our Ernten, gently caress you. Heat is killing me, I just can't deal with that poo poo.

Also what winters? The last couple winters were so warm, they were more like extensions of autumn

:same:

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Yes, it is the kaputte Wälder that depress me the most.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Ok ok I get it, I shouldn't like the sun and there's no silver lining. I'm not exactly burning truck tyres in the forest to speed it up

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Sulla Faex posted:

The chance of a semi-hot summer is most of what's been allowing me to survive the winters, and with corona cutting out the vast majority of my plans this year, all that's left is lake and sun. I am sorry that we have been actively kneeling on the neck of the planet for multiple generations now but at the very least I am looking to get some vitamin D out of it
Don't worry, the average temperature is rising since the 80's.

We gonna tan so much you may even get tired of tanning and you'll say please, please Mr. summer, It's too much tanning! We can't take it anymore!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

American evangelicals are wild

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Sulla Faex posted:

Ok ok I get it, I shouldn't like the sun and there's no silver lining. I'm not exactly burning truck tyres in the forest to speed it up

No, you are right in a way. Better to enjoy the nice weather, one cannot do anything about this decade anyway.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

System Metternich posted:

Ngl I want to see that movie

Gottkönig KTvuzG

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

pidan posted:

Ngl I want to see that movie

Gottkönig KTMNJJPFJSBFvuzG

hdfdg

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Sulla Faex posted:

The sun is OK in my book. My favorite weather is clear blue sky, a shining sun, and air so klirrend kalt it makes the world shine like a mirror.

Too bad nowadays if I want that kind of weather, I apparently have to relocate to Spitzbergen. But Spitzbergen doesn't have trees, the few pictures of Spitzbergen I've looked at makes it look like the moon, just with surprising amounts of tiny flowers showing up occasionally. No forests is a turn-off for me. If I have to live without trees, I'd rather live on the actual moon. Or Pluto, maybe.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I did notice a couple naked trees in the forest but overall it seems they’re pretty much ok. Lots of trees falling over in the storms, though, hinting at weak trees and poo poo.

oliwan posted:

so the biggest Schlauchbootpartydemo in the history of Berlin was now two weeks ago. did in impact anything at all? are we all dead?

Like it was said there’s a spike of 80ish new cases which doesn’t seem like much but is much worse than before. We will see how it develops, either it craters again or something else craters

Aw crap. Thought I had cracked it. Still, thanks, though!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
There's also a ton of bugs around killing trees at the moment. You know what those guys like? Warm winters and dry weather! This isn't really going to do long term damage to most the forests, less vulnerable types of trees will be planted eventually if nothing else helps. The large-scale lumber cutting industry might disappear in Germany as a result, but I think most of the people in the lumber sector (~1mio total) are probably working in processing and they will just import lumber from elsewhere.
Some forest areas in the mountains might look a bit sorry for a decade or two though...

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Yeah, the problem with the heat is that the Borkenkäfer can spread even more. My parents live in the Rothaargebirge and even just the difference between last year and this year is ... troubling.
This is basically what it looks like all around. Everything brown is dead. Everything starting to brown will be dead soon.

The winter was so warm, that the Borkenkäfer could just continuously spread around. Basically, within the next few years the entire existing forests will be gone and have to be neu aufgeforstet.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Well the good news is that there are some invasive tree species that can deal pretty well with this kind of weather, so in the future the Deutsche Wald will just be made up of Robinien and Douglasien. Ask me about my Wolf Dieter Storl books!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Münich, and as I said further up, I was apparently mistaken regarding the amount of rain, but it's been near constantly bewölkt over the last couple of weeks.
Speaking of winter, I saw snow exactly once this winter.

Welp.

Not your fault. Our neck of the woods gets a lot more water than say Sachsen, because we get the clouds stuck in the Alps, as evidenced by the lovely rain we had since yesterday again. Outside of the Alps influence, German weather has been way too dry for a while. Looking around in Munich, we'd never guess though.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Over here it was pretty warm today, but overcast with a constant light drizzle, which was actually really comfy. So if we just could skip the whole desert thing and instead go on to being a rain forest, that'd be grand.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
wow another reason Munich loving sucks!!!

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
All those trees dying is great news if you ask me, because it means less pollen.

I’m especially hype for birch mass death. They will slowly disappear in most areas because they can‘t stand the heat and intense rain and I cannot loving wait.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
What‘s different this year: The usual clouds of mosquitoes just didn‘t appear. I was afraid it‘d get particularly bad this year due to the very mild winter.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Neco posted:

What‘s different this year: The usual clouds of mosquitoes just didn‘t appear. I was afraid it‘d get particularly bad this year due to the very mild winter.

They're all dead from insektensterben

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2020/05/where-have-all-the-insects-gone-feature/

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
This summer is expected to be slighty warmer than last summer even, so I'm already anxious for those July weeks with 35+ temperatures during the day and 20+ during nights.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
At least I will already be working from home instead of having to go to work. None of my offices are especially cold, one even faces west, with large windows…

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Sach mal, was ist das eigentlich die letzten zwei Monate für'n Wetter? Mir ist's nicht so arg aufgefallen, weil Homeoffice etc., aber gefühlt hatten wir den gesamten Mai und Juni bisher nur Regen und Wolken, mit vielleicht vier Tagen Sonnenschein

<30mm of rain in the last 20 days according to the weather station, many of the fields have patches without any crops because of the lack of rain.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

quote:

Today, everyone knows Merkel’s time as chancellor is nearing its end. The chancellor is struggling with health problems and has lost credibility and influence within her own government.

Imagine if Guttenberg took charge of Germany. Imagine the changes in Germany’s military—even in Europe’s military!

The Bible prophesies that Germany will emerge in the end time as a global military power. It also says this powerful nation will be led by a unique individual, a strongman. We find this prophecy in the book of Daniel.

For 2,500 years, the book of Daniel has not been understood. That is because it is only for this end time (Daniel 12:4, 9). Its meaning has been revealed in our day.

The prophecy about this strongman is in Daniel 8:23-24. First, notice that these verses state explicitly that these events occur in “the latter time.” This will be a time “when the transgressors are come to the full.” Godlessness is rife, modern technology is proliferating immoral filth with malignant efficiency, and people are wallowing in unspeakable evil. Verse 25 says the individual discussed here will “stand up against the Prince of princes”—referring to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. So this is clearly a prophecy for the end time.

Now read about this man in verse 23: “And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.” This is talking about the coming leader of Germany. We can know this by putting this together with other prophecies. For example, the prophecy in Daniel 11:40-45 says “the king of the north” shall rise “at the time of the end.” This is talking about a German-led European superpower. Isaiah 10:5-19 give a similar prophecy, adding that this leader shall be “the king of Assyria.” The modern Germans are the descendants of ancient Assyria.

:thunk:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

KTG is the King in the North? When’s his red wedding coming up?

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Wir sollten auf Deutsch weitersprechen, bevor die Amerikaner hier im Faden auftauchen und uns dabei beobachten, wie wir Texte über deutsche, globale Militärherrschaft in der Endzeit posten.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Agreed, Feind hört mit. We might have to switch to dialect to thwart their machine translation tools.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

All the Dialekt I know is Aschebescher and aufi. Ah and moin. I feel like this is a workable Anfang.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Hömma, wat isn dat für ne Scheiße??

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Other than the bavarians and the saxons, nobody in Germany has a dialect that'd fool someone with basic understanding of the language anyway.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

peak debt posted:

Other than the bavarians and the saxons, nobody in Germany has a dialect that'd fool someone with basic understanding of the language anyway.

I see you haven't been to Südbaden yet

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

I see you haven't been to Südbaden yet

Or Friesland.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

peak debt posted:

Do verzällst Driss. Mer künne op Kölsch schwade, dat is für die och Jewaschels.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I went to school at the foot of the Schwäbische Alb and whenever I'd go up to visit a friend and their parents or, god forbid, grandparents would say something to me I'd be like uhhh yeah I got nothing

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

I went to school at the foot of the Schwäbische Alb and whenever I'd go up to visit a friend and their parents or, god forbid, grandparents would say something to me I'd be like uhhh yeah I got nothing

https://twitter.com/die_reklame/status/1272244921429364738?s=21

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Tarquinn posted:

Or Friesland.

Friesisch doesn’t count, that’s basically English without the colonialism.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

quote:

Die Deutsche Schabe (Blattella germanica), auch Schwabenkäfer, Preuße, Russe, Franzose u. a. Ethnophaulismen, und wie die Gemeine Küchenschabe (Blatta orientalis) auch als Küchenschabe (Kakerlake) bezeichnet, ist eine Art der Schaben. Bekannt ist sie als Vorratsschädling, der durch die Übertragung von Krankheitserregern auf den Menschen auch gesundheitliche Schäden verursachen kann.

lmao yikes

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Schabe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnophaulismen_f%FCr_Deutsche

Fascinating. Also, TIL Ethnophaulismus.