Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it is i. the person who plays dark souls with a longsword and shield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Ds2: hello before you activate the “fun”, you must overshoot the weapon stat requirements by 50% (rounded up ofc), and please read this spreadsheet about frame breakpoints and compatible weapon combinations
Ds3: dual wielding is fun and good

its just pointless in 3, there sno expression. its fake. artificial. like this life we all lead.. ds2 is fantasy that lets my mind run wild with the possibilities that are usually caged off in our "society"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stux posted:

its just pointless in 3, there sno expression. its fake. artificial. like this life we all lead.. ds2 is fantasy that lets my mind run wild with the possibilities that are usually caged off in our "society"

I pity you, dazzled by “choice”, or should I say, “illusion of choice”

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

illusion? or delusion... i leave it to the reader

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

Someone has been subtitling pekora's mgs3 playthrough so I've been watching that

she is very funny

Rrrrrrat

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Barudak posted:

Magic being broken beyond belief is part of the reason I really didn't like Demon's Souls, but to be honest I should learn by now since it burns me in almost every game because I do not like playing magic users.

I loved demon's souls and the first time I played through it I didn't really use any magic. If you don't like magic users, how did you know magic was OP?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I started Demon's Souls as a Royal my first time and abused magic at first, but slowly shifted to a melee-focused playstyle with a lot of parrying by like halfway through. I played it after Dark Souls and that's basically what I did with Dark Souls, too (but with Pyromancer instead of Royal). Eventually I learned I didn't need to lean on magic in the early game in the first place and that I just liked playing melee better in these games.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

it is i. the person who plays dark souls with a longsword and shield
Same here

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I gave my father the perfect Father's Day gift with a Switch Lite and Astral Chain.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Magic in the Souls games has never appealed to me at all, I love the melee combat in those games and spells are just super boring and uninteractive in comparison.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

pyromancy is fun in DS1, because it nicely compliments melee

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/1272237950487560192

Can we just fire Druckmann out of a cannon

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

why would you tweet that oh my god

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

with all due respect,

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lol

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

never forget, games are serious business and should be treated as art

also don't forget to buy some more art on your way out

Convex fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 14, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the Schindler's List of automatic rifle executions

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

hopefully whoever buys the cart i'm selling actually loads up the save files on it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hello This From File eBay Saved

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Schindler's ListTM: "I Could Have Done More" Taunt

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

61420 blaze it

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Question, is it really a role playing game if the game just tells you what you do all the time? I've barely gotten to move my own character.
I feel like persona 4 is rushing me through the game to get to the good parts. Maybe they should've just started at the good part, where I can play, too.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its introducing the setting and characters

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

@Neil_Druckmann
Vice President of Naughty Dog, Writer/Director of video games, abuser of characters. Currently on: The Last of Us Part II

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

abuser of employees

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

boom gottem

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

if you think about it the last of us part 2 title makes no sense

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Stux posted:

its introducing the setting and characters

These characters don't seem deep enough to need hours of exposition. So far, it's latchkey kid, overworked cop dad, quirky girl, innocent girl, and comic relief boy.

Saved you a click couple hours of watching a game play itself.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Beast Pussy posted:

Question, is it really a role playing game if the game just tells you what you do all the time? I've barely gotten to move my own character.
I feel like persona 4 is rushing me through the game to get to the good parts. Maybe they should've just started at the good part, where I can play, too.

Most rpgs haven't been about role playing for like two decades

edit: Persona is probably more about it than most of them

Andrast fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 14, 2020

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe PC gamers didn't deserve P4 after all.....

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if I wanted to be told "YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW WHO WE ARE OR WHAT'S GOING ON JUST KILL THESE ENEMIES" I'd join the military

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Y'all are real protective about your game, huh?
I'm sorry, you're right. There's no way you can tell a story without a huge info dump at the beginning. That's why the saying goes "tell, don't show".

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
With absolutely zero respect, I find these kinds of abusive “workplace cultures” to be unproductive at best. We can do better with treating employees like humans instead of game making robots — especially by those of us with millions of dollars...

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Beast Pussy posted:

I'm sorry, you're right. There's no way you can tell a story without a huge info dump at the beginning. That's why the saying goes "tell, don't show".

oh no someone disagreed with you on the internet

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Beast Pussy posted:

sorry everyone didn't stand up and clap like you hoped

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

P5 lets you play much sooner but keeps you on the exposition rails for at least 5 hours.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/corybarlog/status/1272255909322883072

I'm really enjoying this twitter slapfight

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1272257341191344134

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Andrast posted:

oh no someone disagreed with you on the internet

Maybe I could've phrased my issue better. Let me try again.
Is there enough to these characters that I'm going to feel redeemed having spent so much time learning their backgrounds and the setting?
It's fine if people like different things than me, but this feels a little heavy handed.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you will probably like most of them well enough provided you don't tire of animes easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Beast Pussy posted:

Maybe I could've phrased my issue better. Let me try again.
Is there enough to these characters that I'm going to feel redeemed having spent so much time learning their backgrounds and the setting?
It's fine if people like different things than me, but this feels a little heavy handed.

The answer is a firm maybe

I'm not the biggest fan of P4 but generally people really like it and interacting with the characters is like the big selling point of the series.