Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

oof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm liking the recent surge of Super Mario 64 creepypasta. It helps that there isn't any of that old "AND THEN HE LOOKED AT ME WITH BLOOD POURING OUT OF HIS HYPERREALISTIC EYES" stuff, though the game reading your mind is still pretty silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU5Di6Mwn70

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

rip

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
you: this is a post about avatar
me: this is a post about my avatar

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Until I saw the Gru version, I didn't think it was referencing anything. I thought the joke was in how the text orbits the central figure like a satellite. :hydrogen:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Oh hey, I love the Slow Mo Guys!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

RandomFerret posted:

Avatar: The Last Airbender just got on Netflix. Expect many more memes!

why is nick so weird about putting poo poo on netflix its never their entire catalog its like 2-3 shows and a movie or two. should of atleast been korra and avatar in this block but no.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

I feel like my first attempt at a meme is too specific but also I had it stuck in my head for a few days.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

I love that he's clearly saying "cazzo" too.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Trevor Hale posted:

I feel like my first attempt at a meme is too specific but also I had it stuck in my head for a few days.

Memes are best when they are INCREDIBLY specific

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Memes are best when they are INCREDIBLY specific

also obscure

if it refers to a single line of optional dialogue in a game that you have to make a series of highly unlikely and contradictory choices in order to see, thats perfect

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Trevor Hale posted:

I appreciate this meme.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Aw shucks. Thanks y’all.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I cry every time

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

please tell me this is a silmarillion meme

because otherwise I have no loving clue what its referencing

Oh man, for a second I forgot this wasn't the tg forum where everyone knows this one! Can't remember exactly how it went but basically persuasion becomes mind control at high levels and you can stack all kinds of bonuses to your roll with assists and special effects. Cut to:

[bard is levitated through a door surrounded by ethereal fog] I AM THE MOON

[other party members] HE'S TOTALLY THE MOON

[the random npc's at the inn] HOLY poo poo THE MOON

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

RFC2324 posted:

please tell me this is a silmarillion meme

because otherwise I have no loving clue what its referencing

Could also be The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

snergle posted:

why is nick so weird about putting poo poo on netflix its never their entire catalog its like 2-3 shows and a movie or two. should of atleast been korra and avatar in this block but no.

my prediction: trial run to see how well it does before they put up the rest of their stuff on their own streaming service

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

are you implying merry and pippin didnt have a gun? i assure you they did thats why they are murder machines

Dabir posted:

my prediction: trial run to see how well it does before they put up the rest of their stuff on their own streaming service

they have always done it this way i think they think by not letting us have everything we want it more like how disney puts poo poo in the non racist vault to return later like the live action peter pan play they have released like 4 times. actually i think thats in the racist vault now.

snergle has a new favorite as of 02:39 on Jun 15, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Benagain posted:

Oh man, for a second I forgot this wasn't the tg forum where everyone knows this one! Can't remember exactly how it went but basically persuasion becomes mind control at high levels and you can stack all kinds of bonuses to your roll with assists and special effects. Cut to:

[bard is levitated through a door surrounded by ethereal fog] I AM THE MOON

[other party members] HE'S TOTALLY THE MOON

[the random npc's at the inn] HOLY poo poo THE MOON

That was my brief moment of grognards.txt fame.

With a high enough diplomacy skill, you could convince the king and all of his subjects present that you were, in fact, the moon. With a high enough acrobatics skill at the same time, you could walk on something as thin as smoke.

So, smoke weed, walk on your own smog, you are the moon.

(he is the moon)

Also from that thread, we discovered it was a DC 120 sleight of hand check to steal your own pants without realizing it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Now I want a version of lord of the rings that is exactly the same except haldir reads everything in a cockney accent.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Toss me.

What?

Fuckin' TOSS ME.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Don't hook up an N64 to an HDTV via composite. Get an EON HD adapter or RGB mod the console and play it on a PVM.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Detective No. 27 posted:

Don't hook up an N64 to an HDTV via composite. Get an EON HD adapter or RGB mod the console and play it on a PVM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4qPOndBCFU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
when youre 12:

Detective No. 27 posted:

when youre 30: gently caress i cant see poo poo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm four hours in. I don't get what message you're trying to convey. Continuing.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah it's, uhh, it's not a joke about resolution.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

fantastic

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

OwlFancier posted:

Now I want a version of lord of the rings that is exactly the same except haldir reads everything in a cockney accent.

It's not a cockney accent, but you should go watch Spartacus.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Big snail energy

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Trevor Hale posted:

This made me listen to Everything Zen for the first time in like ten years and what the gently caress it's good?? It's a great song???

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Crane Fist posted:

This made me listen to Everything Zen for the first time in like ten years and what the gently caress it's good?? It's a great song???

Yeah, that post got me listening to a lot of Bush songs I haven't heard in more than a decade and I'm enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Memento posted:

Yeah it's, uhh, it's not a joke about resolution.

It's still good advice.

This made me realize I'm still waiting for the n64 mini, which I am absolutely convinced will happen.