Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There were a couple new chapters of WonDance
It's nice looking up dance choreographies for the songs both to listen too in the background but also to try and notice how people themselves sync to, and interpret the the music differently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W19l413Sh_4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qX22587z0k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1ErXjO9F68

As always, Wanda is the best. just going for Kabo's hand and not realizing he was checking for the rain :3:

L-O-N posted:

Shiori Experience 36

An interesting development. I didn't expect Mitsuoka might be joining the band. Also, I'm not sure if I ever want an anime of this because I don't see how the song can ever live up to how awesome it's portrayed.

Makes sense Mitsuoka got seduced by the music. She respects people's efforts and everyone in the Shiori Experience has bled themselves for their craft. I'm more shocked that Subaru went from a complete and utter rear end in a top hat to an understandable and respectable rear end in a top hat in my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Usogui is in the surpassing the leader arc

But Marco pulls his pants all the way down to pee
:feelsgood:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

L-O-N posted:

Shiori Experience 36

An interesting development. I didn't expect Mitsuoka might be joining the band. Also, I'm not sure if I ever want an anime of this because I don't see how the song can ever live up to how awesome it's portrayed.

It'd be tough yeah.

Beck did a decent enough job with similar problems at least.

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Usogui is in the surpassing the leader arc

But Marco pulls his pants all the way down to pee
:feelsgood:

This crazy drugged up referee battle royale is something I would never think I wanted from this manga when I started it but it's something that I need now. Chan-Mida FTW!!!
And wildcard Marco is :perfect:.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

So it looks like Shibito no Koe wo Kiku ga Yoi/You Shall Hear the Voice of the Dead author Uguisu Sachiko has a new manga by the name of "Heartthrob Sacrifice": https://mangadex.org/title/49386/tokimeki-no-ikenie

Jingyouji Mari is a plain, unpopular high school girl with a love of manga and a crush on the hottest guy in her class. She's also the heir apparent of the creepy family on the hill, who perform regular human sacrifice to propitiate the dread gods that threaten to destroy the world.

Very much in line with Uguisu's previous works, but more strongly serialised. I dunno if it's going to run for long but I think it's pretty neat!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

So it looks like Shibito no Koe wo Kiku ga Yoi/You Shall Hear the Voice of the Dead author Uguisu Sachiko has a new manga by the name of "Heartthrob Sacrifice": https://mangadex.org/title/49386/tokimeki-no-ikenie

Jingyouji Mari is a plain, unpopular high school girl with a love of manga and a crush on the hottest guy in her class. She's also the heir apparent of the creepy family on the hill, who perform regular human sacrifice to propitiate the dread gods that threaten to destroy the world.

Very much in line with Uguisu's previous works, but more strongly serialised. I dunno if it's going to run for long but I think it's pretty neat!

This is the best kind of macabre manga. :allears:
I've seen it happen enough times that having someone performing a ritual whose mind is not committed is never a good thing at all and if the sudden out of body experience is any indication.

Me thinks the being from beyond the veil is peering into a pure hearted maiden and this could maybe be a good thing, but is probably really bad for everyone involved.

It does feel like it could rap up in 10 of these chapters though.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chapters 9-12 have been rolling out for WonDance and it's been a rollercoaster ride of a first dance contest as well as the cooldown afterwards.
But this made it all worth it

Poor Kabo still hasn't quite figured out where he wants to go with dancing despite really taking too it and I get being a bit jealous of Wanda who just has her eyes on the prize and gets the recognition she deserves for it. Looking forward to the dance battle saga, the energy from this series is electric so kudos to the artist

Some more videos of other dance groups and also dance battles because it helps me with the re-read to have a soundtrack and visual reference.
Uptown Funk Jasmine Weakin of Mega Jam studios.
Lost in Japan Jinwoo Yun dance choreography from 1Million Dance Studio. I very easily favor their videos when looking for dance references for this series.
Fingadelic - Beat you 2 def @2:45 Fingadelic Dance battle from 2013 PSYCOPATH-FUNK☆z vs フォーマーアクション

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Was not expecting that Freddie Gibbs version of ‘93 to Infinity to be a song reference though in retrospect that was dumb of me. Mangas good

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
New Usogui chapter dropped and maaan author is making me feel for new characters once again. Still rooting for Chan-Mida but this dorky Douji guy is pretty cool.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
WonDance is pretty great

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

With the world falling apart there is some good news.

Habiki got picked up again after ten months.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/935936/1

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Presented to the thread with no context at all; from the current chapter of Shuumatsu no Valkyrie

Also Buddha is actually fighting for humanity it seems so what is your excuse now hercules?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
HOLY gently caress THIS MANGA OWNS SO HARD

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Big fan of that Buddha

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

So we're getting more fights than just the tournament fights? Nice.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Usogui is getting Really really interesting

Ending 488 on that....poo poo oof its so good

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Brought To You By posted:

Presented to the thread with no context at all; from the current chapter of Shuumatsu no Valkyrie

Also Buddha is actually fighting for humanity it seems so what is your excuse now hercules?

The fools made the classic mistake of not killing the Buddha on the road.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I was gonna make a joke about Raiden literally being too swole to control, but that threat of all-out war at the end is driving me nuts. :suspense:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Guys.

:siren: Somebody picked up Front Mission: Dog Life & Dog Style :siren:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/947242/1

Great manga if you haven't checked it out yet:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bro Dad posted:

Guys.

:siren: Somebody picked up Front Mission: Dog Life & Dog Style :siren:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/947242/1

Great manga if you haven't checked it out yet:

Oh dang I thought this had finished.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Trail of Blood continues to horrify. Bad mother.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Galvanik posted:

Trail of Blood continues to horrify. Bad mother.

I read this and I thought "oh no".

Then I read the chapter and it's EVEN WORSE.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
After almost two volumes of (great) worldbuilding and character introductions it looks like The Dragon, the Hero, and the Courier could be starting more of a plot.

https://mangadex.org/title/43354

best currently running manga I think

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Tried checking out Solo Levelling, but the English website for it is a total mess, is there really no good official way to read it in English?

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

Vesi posted:

After almost two volumes of (great) worldbuilding and character introductions it looks like The Dragon, the Hero, and the Courier could be starting more of a plot.

https://mangadex.org/title/43354

best currently running manga I think

Genuinely glad the author channeled their incredible level of SCA nerdity into an interesting coherent plot and such. Like, Third Street is funny and has some fun facts but that's all there is to it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Hearthrob Sacrifice going for the most blatant horror movie Homage.

You know what's about to happen.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

ufarn posted:

Tried checking out Solo Levelling, but the English website for it is a total mess, is there really no good official way to read it in English?

it's on tappytoon

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
How are Tappytoon's translations? They've picked up a couple of things I liked.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
They seem fine? You might find a typo once in a while but I read several things there and haven't noticed anything weird.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

solo cinema finally updated

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

A Trail of Blood with the chapter title A Trail of Blood.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Bro Dad posted:

solo cinema finally updated

I need to find a GF like Kine someday.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I lol'd pretty hard at the part where he goes "why is the cat cold, why?" and it just shows the mom's face smiling.

I think this might finally be the turning point where Seiichi comes to terms with things.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So I read most of Shigurui/death frenzy years ago and never finished it and it was posted in the chainsaw man thread and I started again and like, its so incredibly bleak I don't know if I want to reread it again. Is it just a total upfront this is how hosed it really was idea or what because I don't really remember that

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yes it’s pretty bleak throughout. Very few characters in that manga get a happy ending.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Yeah I feel like the overall theme is really just to show how ultimately stupid Bushido is when you get down to it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ok I think I've read enough for that was just wondering if it was made totally explicit

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The ending really drives it home just in case you were missing it because of the cool sword techniques

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Shigurui ftw. If you liked the art and want something that's lighter hearted (but still really hosed up and violent) someone picked up translating the rest of Apocalypse Zero which is probably one of my favorite manga I read in the past year