Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
its so weird how craig is desperate to be declared satorshi which can only end with him getting hunted down and his brain scooped out to be put in a bitcoin miner to mine pure strain bitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

amishjosh posted:

not only has mark done nothing wrong, he's helped solve who stole the mtgox butts

https://twitter.com/MagicalTux/status/1271473195921465344

mark karpelès, bitcoinsulting detective

and the case of the 1Fee

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Boxturret posted:

its so weird how craig is desperate to be declared satorshi which can only end with him getting hunted down and his brain scooped out to be put in a bitcoin miner to mine pure strain bitcoin

:wrong:

it's not weird at all to transcend your physical body and become an existence of pure bitcoin

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I have no wallet and I must hodl

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

it's not weird at all to transcend your physical body and become an existence of pure bitcoin

yeah but wouldn't you want to do it on your own terms? not by being hacked to pieces in some dark alley?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

I have no wallet and I must hodl
ah, so you have coins on an exchange.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Boxturret posted:

yeah but wouldn't you want to do it on your own terms? not by being hacked to pieces in some dark alley?

Where does the hobo urine come into the picture

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

orange juche posted:

Where does the hobo urine come into the picture

formaldehyde replacement

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
rnb singer Akon is building a 6bn crypto city in senegal on a plot of land that was apparently given to him by president Macky Sal

Kenya is doing a crypto town also, using the same token
https://twitter.com/CryptoSlate/status/1250922426613075969

their whitepaper is very pretty

it's totally real and not a collective feaver dream

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jun 18, 2020

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Akon has done a number of Good Things, but even he can't pull off anything honest that's crypto-related.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Akoin is committed to revolutionizing healthcare in African and other developing countries globally. We will
achieve this by deploying a leading DApp partner for personalized healthcare, which will digitize medical
records and chain of custody for drug testing on the blockchain. The end result is an easy-to-use, no-cost
solution to end-users that can dramatically reduce inefficiencies and wastage of resources, delivering
much-improved health outcomes. Blockchain’s capacity for delivering security and privacy is a natural fit for
the entire healthcare supply chain

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This time a slow distributed database will surely improve things.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oops, I forgot the private key to my medical records, and now doctors can legally collect my liver as a payment for my annual checkup.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

i am certain that african countries consider completely digitising their health records to be a "no cost" solution

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Chalks posted:

i am certain that african countries consider completely digitising their health records to be a "no cost" solution

"*to end-users"

so as always the issue is assuming someone else will bear the costs for the vast benefits** everyone else will reap

**vast benefits are largely hypothetical but well documented in the wiki

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
imagine how senegal's covid response would have gone if it had been ~powered by blockchain technology~ lmo

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

imagine storing medical files digitally

but you can't edit anything

it's also all public

also it's all attached to a currency that will make me rich

also it takes an obscene amount of energy to run

hey where are you going?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

No cost, then who is paying for transaction fees, miners, and digitizing? Assuming it ever got that far which it won't.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

CampingCarl posted:

No cost, then who is paying for transaction fees, miners, and digitizing? Assuming it ever got that far which it won't.

I'm just trying to figure out: Someone is getting conned here, but who?

Is Akon in on it, or being taken in by a bunch of blockchain acolytes who only feed him press releases from other blockchain acolytes about their new solutions that will totally revolutionize <insert field here>?

Is Senegal being duped, or are they getting some good press for letting some folks try to built a resort (the whole "Real Wakanda" thing they were pushing in some of the early press releases seems to now be called an "eco-tourism smart city") on some land they aren't collecting any tax on anyways?

I really want to know who has thrown actual real money into this project so far.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

its bitcoin so assume everyone involved is trying to con everyone else and at the end several people will be dead or in prison and it will turn out that nothing was real

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

its bitcoin so assume everyone involved is trying to con everyone else and at the end several people will be dead or in prison and it will turn out that nothing was real
is prison real? asking for a friend who made a website

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

CampingCarl posted:

is prison real? asking for a friend who made a website

no ross it's all a fentanyl dream

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

at least hitler never made a website

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sham bam bamina! posted:

imagine how senegal's covid response would have gone if it had been ~powered by blockchain technology~ lmo

senegal has had a fairly good covid response to date, but blockchain can change all that

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

the latest fplus briefly mentions the idea of using your psychic technokinesis powers to mine bitcoin, which seems like an obvious idea in retrospect. weirdly though looking around i can't find any people using their psychic powers to mine bitcoins, though i did find this woman who uses her psychic ability to predict which altcoin you should invest in:

http://www.michellewhitedove.com/blog/2018/2/24/2018-cryptocurrency-gold-wallstreet-predictions

she'll also apparently predict the specific price of coins if you pay her like fifteen bux:

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/1085531/Crypto-psychic-claims-predict-bitcoin-prices-crv

quote:

She writes: “About a year ago, Spirit (an apparent reference to a spirit guide) started showing me coins of various colours to advise people to get involved with.

“Knowing nothing about cryptos at the time, I at first thought they were talking about gold and silver.

“It was puzzling to me why the various coins were in a variety of colours. Recently, I realised they had been showing me cryptocurrencies.

“However, Spirit is now showing me very clearly the value of this asset and how it can help the average person. I am here to help you.”

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Coins are an ancient form of currency that our government wants to get rid of. As I wrote in my 2006 Blog I saw that we were headed toward a cashless society. Wow, we’ve made major advancements with all the mobile payment apps & apple pay – just attach to your bank account and cashless funds are exchanged.

I Predict that the US government is closer to issuing a new type of currency – a debit system so that every transaction is monitored. They want “paper money” out of circulation.

Psychically I see that the barter system is getting bigger and bigger. People are realizing, "Okay, we need to have something to exchange.” Something of value, a service of value that you can trade one thing for another. Right now I’d say, to make a plan A, B and C when it comes to your finances. Consider what do you have to offer and trade? Okay, if we don't have that, then we need to have silver or gold or copper, or gems or minerals, or things that are of value. Spirit told me to collect honey, because the bees are being wiped out. Honey will be a commodity. Did you know that edible honey was found in the Egyptian Pyramids – it was 3000 years old! Listen to Spirit, your intuition will tell you to collect certain things also!

you heard it here first folks, invest in honeycoin

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ahh here we go

quote:

Then there’s the Cryptocurrencies, which I referred to as the black market because block chain is supposed to be decentralized. But with psychic insights, I know that the government is already aware of the money to be made in cryptocurrencies AND recently they have managed to get their sticky fingers in Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a good way to make money, as I write this on Feb 24, 2018. But it’s imperative to know when to get in and when to get out, because it will fluctuate this year like a rollercoaster. When it drops, this is the time to buy, because you'll see it go back up. Hey this is really gambling. And I will state this for the record, psychically I know that the US government is already in Bitcoin to get their piece of it. Although Bitcoin will have longevity.

man she predicted that bitcoin would be super volatile, she really IS psychic

she also correctly predicted the One True Bitcoin:

quote:

*Bitcoin cash is where I would tell my people to go, because that's going to be bigger than Bitcoin, and the government is not in that yet. Bitcoin Cash will be the very thing that the original Bitcoin was supposed to be! Bitcoin cash is the next big thing. That's where I tell my people to put their money now!

quote:

New cryptos will be created to get ahead. It's a black market. The heads of the Federal Reserve, they are pissed off. They want a piece of the crypto pie that the US government is into. The government wants to not only manipulate the block chain (which is supposed to be impossible) but they want to get a big piece of it and to control it and to tax it. This is like a shell game, you're gambling, and you're trying to stay ahead of the government hackers. Get in, then get out!

WARNING: Cryptos, are tricky. Don't be greedy on these. Meaning put your money in, and when you made a substantial amount ... Get Out. Then move your tokens into another one. I see that governments are going to try and jump on every single one of them to manipulate.

buttcoin thread: WARNING: Cryptos, are tricky.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh it's actually one hundred dollars to get her more specific psychic predictions, payable in litecoin for some reason:

https://www.cryptosclass.com/product/whitedove-2020-special-report/

the first few bullet points are her predictions about coins, and then like half way down the page suddenly you get

quote:

SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING: Whitedove covers many insightful topics: The Mound Builders, What does spirit say about Jesus, Allah, Buddha, the Pope, and Catholicism… what about baptism? Do Angels have wings? Will there be peace on earth? Is a Golden Dawn era ever coming? Is a Physical Death Avoidable? Can we ever come together and shift into love and healing the planet? When exactly is the soul introduced into the body? Is it at birth, is it at conception? Government Cloning…. And more

The StarBeings, Elementals, and Pleiades Special Report: YES There Are! There are many races of StarBeings and we also have the Elementals and of course the Pleiades. I have not shared this before…Spirit says it is time, buckle up… Here are the races and what they look like and how enlightened they are. Also includes the governments new term “unidentified aerial phenomena“, the most beautiful race of Starbeings, the really scary ones, Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch, Swamp Ape or Abominable Snowman, Really? Which races are trying to help humanity? Are ”Star Being” races walking among us?

:hmmyes:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh man she's gone and tapped into the great unknowable horror of the omnimind of satoshi with her psychic powers

http://www.michellewhitedove.com/blog/2018/4/6/2018-who-is-satoshi-nakamoto-psychic-insights

quote:

Who: Psychically I see Satoshi Nakamoto and want to release this info to the world and put to rest the rumors about who Satoshi is. The name, Satoshi Nakamoto was created to conceal the creators identity. And for good reason. To say this new technology would’ve brought undesirable attention to the founders is the understatement, they would have been jailed. Yes, I said, FOUNDERS with an “S”. Satoshi Nakamoto is a group of mixed nationality Asians – they are cool cats, mostly young brainiac coders. I see a core group of seven with a few subcontractors. Of course this leads to other questions like: Are they still involved in Bitcoin? Will any of the founders help in Bitcoins further development? I’ll answer those questions in a moment, but for now, onto the “Why.”

Why: The Satoshi Group saw what governments, the Federal Reserve and the R0THSCHILD Central Banks around the world were doing and knew we needed an incorruptible means of financial exchange. The intent behind Bitcoin was pure, it was made for the people, by the people, to revolutionize currency, to exchange money securely and fairly and to create wealth. I know for a fact that there were no Intelligence Agencies or Governments involved, this was completely under the radar created by a pioneering group of inventors.

turns out satoshi is... asian cool cat young braniac coders :c00lbert:

from a later article where she goes into it more:

http://www.michellewhitedove.com/blog/2019/11/13/world-predictions-and-inights-11919

quote:

TW: Those keys, that one address, is that being held by one person, the leader? Did he pay the other team members off, and he's going to use that address, or is that big amount of money there for the whole group to use?

Michelle: It's for the whole group to use, but the leader of the group has the say. They're holding it and waiting for when it's needed. Again, like a tool or a weapon. That's what Spirit says. They're master minds, they have a high IQ, all of them. There are some hackers, too. They have hackers. Like they are called cypher punks I think they are called.

Right now, I feel like they are not all in the same place. Multiple locations, probably, countries, different locations. They work together on some things, and then they don't work together on all projects. Obviously, we're talking about master minds here, really brilliant people. Hackers that are hugely strategic, and global minded. They created this like they were playing 3 dimensional chess.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
why not just use your powers to locate profitable birdbaths...

...or is it birdsbath

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

why not just use your powers to locate profitable birdbaths...

...or is it birdsbath

judging by how much she keeps mentioning theta and how convinced she is it'll explode in value i assume she already found a birdbath with a lot of theta coins under it and needs everyone else to increase the price so she can cash out

also she has a patreon, where for only $44 a month she'll tell you her predictions about a specific coin of your choosing! wow!

https://www.patreon.com/MichelleWhitedove

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

why is spirit sometimes capitalised and some times not

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Black market? More like block market.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

why is spirit sometimes capitalised and some times not

the capital S Spirit is her specific personal spirit friend (who is possibly an angel I think, but also might be an alien and/or bigfoot) that she has creatively named Spirit, it's what's actually seeing the future and telling her which bitcoin is the good one

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

yeah I know, isn't this one referring to Spirit the being

Shame Boy posted:

What does spirit say about Jesus, Allah, Buddha, the Pope, and Catholicism… what about baptism?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

very disrespectful imho

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

yeah I know, isn't this one referring to Spirit the being

something i didn't quite capture in my quotes is whenever she starts talking about the weirder stuff the formatting gets all weird and random parts are bold and there's a bunch of extra spaces everywhere, so i'm assuming it's a side effect of that

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

something i didn't quite capture in my quotes is whenever she starts talking about the weirder stuff the formatting gets all weird and random parts are bold and there's a bunch of extra spaces everywhere, so i'm assuming it's a side effect of that

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
probably she talks to the same spirit as that one npc in path of exiles