Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Arisa Nakajima (c) vs. Asuka for the SEAdLINNNG Beyond the SEA Singles Championship - SEAdLINNNG ~Delivered to You~ (6/13)

One of the best no fan matches I've seen (Shinkiba being tiny and Asuka's faction being loud helped in that respect). Asuka is one of the smartest working wrestlers in the world despite being 21 and Arisa is just flat out the best. These two had one of the best matches in 2019 and I think they topped it here. The overarching story of the match came from what quite possibly might have been a botch (making these two even better) but now I'm not so sure given how fluidly they worked it in. The finish of the match played up Arisa being the veteran, taking advantage of Asuka getting flustered over Arisa kicking out of her finish while Arisa was able to move straight into a roll up to retain the title after Asuka kicked out of her finish

I watched this legitimately with my SamuraiTV subscription but I know some criminals were watching it illegally so I'll update this with the link when it's available.

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki (c) vs. Akitoshi Saito for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH GO FORWARD (6/14)

The second defence of Go Shiozaki's reign and another fantastic match. It didn't have the weirdness of Go/Fujita but was a fantastic empty arena match nonetheless. This marked the eleventh anniversary of the death of Mitsuharu Misawa with the two surviving participants in his final match paying tribute to their deceased partners. Saito pointing to the sky before hitting Go with the move that he literally ended Misawa's life with was a pretty ballsy move that I'm still left mouth agape at.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki (c) vs. Akitoshi Saito for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH GO FORWARD (6/14)

The second defence of Go Shiozaki's reign and another fantastic match. It didn't have the weirdness of Go/Fujita but was a fantastic empty arena match nonetheless. This marked the eleventh anniversary of the death of Mitsuharu Misawa with the two surviving participants in his final match paying tribute to their deceased partners. Saito pointing to the sky before hitting Go with the move that he literally ended Misawa's life with was a pretty ballsy move that I'm still left mouth agape at.

https://abema.tv/video/episode/517-1_s70_p13

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles for the vacant Intercontinental Championship - WWE Smackdown 6/12

Could have been so much more if not for the lovely commentary and multiple commercial breaks. These two are REALLY good at this whole wrestling thing.

I'll give this a MOTYC thanks to DVR'ing it and skipping the commercials.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Arisa Nakajima (c) vs. Asuka for the SEAdLINNNG Beyond the SEA Singles Championship - SEAdLINNNG ~Delivered to You~ (6/13)

One of the best no fan matches I've seen (Shinkiba being tiny and Asuka's faction being loud helped in that respect). Asuka is one of the smartest working wrestlers in the world despite being 21 and Arisa is just flat out the best. These two had one of the best matches in 2019 and I think they topped it here. The overarching story of the match came from what quite possibly might have been a botch (making these two even better) but now I'm not so sure given how fluidly they worked it in. The finish of the match played up Arisa being the veteran, taking advantage of Asuka getting flustered over Arisa kicking out of her finish while Arisa was able to move straight into a roll up to retain the title after Asuka kicked out of her finish

I watched this legitimately with my SamuraiTV subscription but I know some criminals were watching it illegally so I'll update this with the link when it's available.

nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yup agreed

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Miz and John Morrison vs. Braun Strowman - WWE Backlash - 6/14

This just sucked.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Dango Bango posted:

This just sucked.

nth

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Are we counting Street Profits/Viking Raiders as a match? If so,

WMOTYC: Street Profits vs Viking Raiders, WWE Backlash, June 14

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

ShadowedFlames posted:

2nd

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

ShadowedFlames posted:

Dango Bango posted:

This just sucked.

nth both

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MOTYC - Randy Orton vs. Edge - WWE Backlash, June 14th

It was the greatest wrestling match ever.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MOTYC: Randy Orton vs. Edge, WWE Backlash, 6/14

The stupid name and lazily piped in chants hosed this up a good deal but the match itself was really loving good and both dudes brought it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Randy Orton vs. Edge, WWE Backlash, 6/14

The stupid name and lazily piped in chants hosed this up a good deal but the match itself was really loving good and both dudes brought it.

I'll go HM. While I agree, gently caress that finish

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Honestly Nth. The hamming into it was awful but easily extremely good and they really had an excellent match

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

sportsgenius86 posted:

eh i'll second the motyc. on the merits, aside from the name and general flaws in the presentation, it was a really good match.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

WMOTYCs:

Sheamus vs. Jeff Hardy, WWE Backlash 6/14
Braun Strowman vs. The Miz and Morrison, WWE Backlash 6/14
Street Profits vs. Viking Raiders, WWE Backlash 6/14

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

sportsgenius86 posted:

Randy Orton vs. Edge, WWE Backlash, 6/14

I’ll go HM for this one.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

WMOTYC: Randy Orton vs. Edge, WWE Backlash, 6/14

A match that would have been fine on it's own merits was destroyed by a stupid hype machine that insisted that it was going to be something it never could. Overlong and overproduced, this should have been a rock solid match but in was overshadowed by terrible camerawork, awful piped-in crowd noise, and some frankly nonsensical finisher spam.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'll go HM on Orton/Edge. It was a good match and the insistence on pushing it as THE GREATEST MATCH EVER was a giant drag factor, if they're just let them wrestle without all that bullshit it would have much better, instead they set ludicrous expectations that were impossible for anybody but Kazuchika Okada to meet.

ShadowedFlames posted:

Are we counting Street Profits/Viking Raiders as a match?

It was very explicitly defined as not being a match (to the point a referee came out and yelled at them for not being ready for their actual match) so I'm just counting it as a goofy segment.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ivypls posted:

Teddybear posted:

WMOTYCs:

Sheamus vs. Jeff Hardy, WWE Backlash 6/14

Dango Bango posted:

ShadowedFlames posted:

nth

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Ivypls posted:

A match that would have been fine on it's own merits was destroyed by a stupid hype machine that insisted that it was going to be something it never could. Overlong and overproduced, this should have been a rock solid match but in was overshadowed by terrible camerawork, awful piped-in crowd noise, and some frankly nonsensical finisher spam.

I agree. Nth.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WMOTYC: Asuka vs Nia Jax, WWE Backlash, 14th June
Nia loving sucks and the finish loving sucked

MOTYC: Randy Orton vs Edge, WWE Backlash, 14th June
A million times better than I expected. Kevin Dunn did his best to ruin it but it ended up really good despite it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HM: Yota Tsuji vs Gabriel Kid, NJPW Together Project, 15th June
Probably overrating this match but I’m just so happy they’re back

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you are then I am too

HM: Yota Tsuji vs. Gabriel Kidd, NJPW Together Project, 15/06

It was real meaty

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Tomohiro Ishii & Yuya Uemura vs. El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru - NJPW Together Project Special 06/15

Uemura gonna be a loving star one day.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Tomohiro Ishii & Uemura vs. El Desperado and Kanemaru - NJPW Together Project Special 06/15

2nd I needed this

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

jesus WEP posted:

HM: Yota Tsuji vs Gabriel Kid, NJPW Together Project, 15th June
Probably overrating this match but I’m just so happy they’re back

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Tomohiro Ishii & Yuya Uemura vs. El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru - NJPW Together Project Special 06/15

Nth both of these.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Kazuchika Okada/Roppongi 3K vs. Tetsuya Naito/Shingo Takagi/Hiromu Takahashi, NJPW Together Special, 15/06

Duh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HMs for both:

Tanahashi, Ibushi, Nagata & Makabe vs. Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi & DOUKI - NJPW Together Project 6/15

and

Naito/Hiromu/Shingo vs. Okada/RPG3K - NJPW Together Project 6/15

I am so loving happy New Japan is back.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

HM: Kazuchika Okada/Roppongi 3K vs. Tetsuya Naito/Shingo Takagi/Hiromu Takahashi, NJPW Together Special, 15/06

Duh

3rd

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Rarity posted:

Duh

yea

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Yota Tsuji vs. Gabriel Kidd
HM: Tomohiro Ishii & Yuya Uemura vs. El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru
HM: Tanahashi, Ibushi, Nagata & Makabe vs. Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi & DOUKI - NJPW Together Project 6/15
HM: Kazuchika Okada/Roppongi 3K vs. Tetsuya Naito/Shingo Takagi/Hiromu Takahashi

All from NJPW Together Project, 15/06. It's goddamn back baby.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I'll go HM on Orton/Edge. It was a good match and the insistence on pushing it as THE GREATEST MATCH EVER was a giant drag factor, if they're just let them wrestle without all that bullshit it would have much better, instead they set ludicrous expectations that were impossible for anybody but Kazuchika Okada to meet.

It was very explicitly defined as not being a match (to the point a referee came out and yelled at them for not being ready for their actual match) so I'm just counting it as a goofy segment.

I'll NTH an HM. I watched it on mute and ignore WWE weekly TV so I feel like that probably enhanced the experience. It was a very solid wrestling match but the camera cuts were unbearable.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Tanahashi, Ibushi, Nagata & Makabe vs. Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi & DOUKI - NJPW Together Project 6/15
HM: Kazuchika Okada/Roppongi 3K vs. Tetsuya Naito/Shingo Takagi/Hiromu Takahashi

NTH.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

this match only needs one more vote for MOTYC status and it was really really very good so you should watch it imo

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth! I really want to bump the main event up to MOTYC but in the end not quite there — great wrestlers but they were running through the pairings more than telling a story.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah, nth from me, I loved this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WMOTYC: Toru Yano vs. Jado, NJPW New Japan Cup, 16/06

Please retire Jado