Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
All they have to do is hide in a lighthouse apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I still like that loophole honestly.

"Oh, no, it's fine, he's an Ignition Weapon, so he's allowed, cus he's technically a tool (in more ways than one, in his first appearance)"

It's a very Khun thing to say gently caress the rules.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Meme Emulator posted:

Human experimentation seems like a really stupid thing to do in this setting because as soon as you get a success Headons just gonna pop up in front of the test subject and be like "Hey kid, wanna climb the tower?"

You can experiment on regulars though. Once they've started to climb the tower, Headon doesn't give a poo poo.

Headon has a quota to meet, every month he needs to send a couple thousand regulars up to climb the tower. So a few strong ones who are training for the tower get in, a few people who lucked into hidden talents, a whole lot who are desperate to do something with their life and then die 10 minutes in.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-65/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=483

Kallavan's joining the BAM ally club, isn't he?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
SIU clearly had a lot of fun designing the cat people battleship.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Man, White's going to be eating SO MANY SOULS.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

It took me a while to figure out just what the hell Bam was doing.

Then I remembered the guy teleported with magic arrows and Bam has absorbed that ability now too.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I feel like if FUG really wanted to beat Zahard they'd just have all their legendary super badasses use their powers on Baam.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Baam wasn't even awake when he got hit the teleportation arrow, that's not fair.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

ATP_Power posted:

Being a recent arrival who read the webtoons official translation, reading through this thread and the wiki is pretty confusing with all the references to "Lahel", "Androssi", "Zahad", "Lee Soo" and so on when I know them as Rachel, Endorsi, Jahad and Shibisu.

Are these all artifacts of old fan scans that have stuck around from inertia, kinda like the early One Piece fan scans and their butchering of romanization?

That inertia is really freakin strong. I just finished my catchup and I hadnt read it since the Workshop battle and despite seeing "Jahad" written out right in front of my eyes I just straight up kept reading it as Zahard in my mind

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Really hoping the anime will help the official translations get fully cemented.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Suuuuper looking forward to the anime thread losing its poo poo at Rachel next week or so :allears:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Suuuuper looking forward to the anime thread losing its poo poo at Rachel next week or so :allears:

I'm hoping the season ends with the push. Just the push and cut to credits, gotta wait for season 2 for the fall and denouement of the test. Then time-skip for the second episode and it'll really mess with the viewers.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It is interesting to me to retroactively think back on how significant this arc wound up being for like the Tower's history in general. Bam's arrival galvanized an entire class of incoming Regulars who for the most part all aligned with his interests afterwards, with pretty much everyone under the umbrellas of either Shibisu or Khun. This of course includes two official/unofficial Jahad princesses (a third if you count Yuri), two 13 Month series exchanging hands, and what had to be one of the most direct and expansive involvements of FUG into a new class of Regulars. Rachel's betrayal also further inspired Khun to seek out power, assistance, and allies he might not have otherwise done for the sake of revenge. In the grand scheme of things it feels like a watershed moment in a epic tale, more so than I feel most inception arcs in longrunning shounen are.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I feel like next week is gonna be the end of the test, then the final episode will be the aftermath and maybe a tease for the second season.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I don't remember and don't want to go looking through the webcomic to find out, when did Khun catch on that Rachel betrayed Bam? Was it immediately or after climbing up the tower a little bit with her?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Gologle posted:

I don't remember and don't want to go looking through the webcomic to find out, when did Khun catch on that Rachel betrayed Bam? Was it immediately or after climbing up the tower a little bit with her?

I recall him figuring it out after the debrief because there was an inconsistency between what the doctor said about Rachel's legs and what Rachel herself was saying. That's why he had Bruce Lee form a separate group to climb the tower while he stuck himself to Rachel and made his own team.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
he was told by lero-ro that the hospital records show that injury wasn't actually that bad.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
In the anime, Rak has the same voice when he is compressed as he does when he is full-sized, and it's really throwing me. Not at all how it worked in my head.

Tipme posted:

he was told by lero-ro that the hospital records show that injury wasn't actually that bad.

It's better than just hospital records. Rachel passed out after she heard they passed and Bam died. Lero-ro thought, "Ok, this girl has been through a fuckload. I'll be cool and call a doctor to fix her legs while she's passed out."

And the doctor said, "Why the hell did you bother me, she's fine. She should be able to run right now."

And so Lero-ro figured that he should mention that little fact to Khun. (I imagine he was just as pissed as the rest of them would be.)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I forgot what a cool guy Lero-Ro is. Hope he was able to join Wolhaiksong and that he shows back up.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Lero-Ro and Quant will return at some point. If nothing else to hang with Evankhell and probably get dunked on for being incompetent on the floor of the test.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-66/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=484

The Khun/Bam hug is one of the most uplifting and heartfelt things to happen in this manwha thus far.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

That's a nice teleporting bow and arrow trick you've got, super powerful ancient FUG Elder. Don't mind if I do!

Also white pulling off his best Hisoka impression there.

Also also drat that loving call back. It's been so long since we got the Augusgus as a secret FUG High Ranker reveal. I wonder how in the hell he got Mule Love on his side considering his entire character premise was hating FUG and trying to get Baam to stop working for them.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 15, 2020

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Also also drat that loving call back. It's been so long since we got the Augusgus as a secret FUG High Ranker reveal. I wonder how in the hell he got Mule Love on his side considering his entire character premise was hating FUG and trying to get Baam to stop working for them.

Yeah, that's the part that really surprised me too. I wonder if we've seen the other 3 people in the needle with them.

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 15, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Looks like Evankhell Is going to have to restrain herself from crushing the sniper lady who is appearing more and more adept of NOT dying from her own bad choices

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AtomikKrab posted:

Lero-Ro and Quant will return at some point. If nothing else to hang with Evankhell and probably get dunked on for being incompetent on the floor of the test.

Quant owns, I bet he could still kick Baam's rear end.

When things are looking tough with Kallavan*, Quant suddenly shows up and beats him up. His strong exploding hand thing means nothing against Quant's lightning speed.

* I haven't read the last few chapters, so this might not be relevant anymore

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 198 days!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

That's a nice teleporting bow and arrow trick you've got, super powerful ancient FUG Elder. Don't mind if I do!

Also white pulling off his best Hisoka impression there.

The answer is really funny, but I'll leave it unspoiled.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
This was the chapter that finally made me drop coins on the next 2 episodes and.. break time for his health, maybe the $1 will help his bills.

It's good stuff, but now I may have to wait a month or more....

My girlfriend is digging the anime as well.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Hodgepodge posted:

The answer is really funny, but I'll leave it unspoiled.

I'm assuming it has something to do with chicken.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

As tempting as the fastpass is, I feel like it's a trap that would have me paying for it for an indefinite period of time after tasting the forbidden fruit once.

Nice that the plot seems to be moving again, this whole bit at the first wall was starting to drag a bit.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
Any bets on how long this hiatus will be?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ATP_Power posted:

As tempting as the fastpass is, I feel like it's a trap that would have me paying for it for an indefinite period of time after tasting the forbidden fruit once.

Nice that the plot seems to be moving again, this whole bit at the first wall was starting to drag a bit.

Well chances are that you'll be caught up whenever the hiatus ends since there are only 2 more chapters to go

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Whitest Russian posted:

Any bets on how long this hiatus will be?

I'm gonna hinge on half a year. Apparently it's not just about recovery but also SIU building up a backlog in case he needs to take a shorter break when he gets back so he can avoid another hiatus.

I was honestly surprised he came back so soon after the Season 2 Finale but I suppose that explains him leaving due to injury. Maybe all this newfound fame and, hopefully, money will get him some assistants or something.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I'm gonna hinge on half a year. Apparently it's not just about recovery but also SIU building up a backlog in case he needs to take a shorter break when he gets back so he can avoid another hiatus.

I was honestly surprised he came back so soon after the Season 2 Finale but I suppose that explains him leaving due to injury. Maybe all this newfound fame and, hopefully, money will get him some assistants or something.

That would be nice in the long run but I don't want to wait half a year before I see Baam's harem grow. SIU doesn;t seem like the kind of person that can take a break like that though. I wonder if he'll be story-boarding with his assistants or something.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The Khun and Bam hug gives me life. I'm glad that Khun, more than everyone else there except probably Rak and Shibisu, understands Bam didn't want to do the thing, but had to for the sake of everything.

And I called it that White immediately sucked up all the souls who died in that explosion last chapter. He's going to be at full power for a few chapters longer it seems.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hey hey hey the show did the thing

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Shows how much I remember, I thought he fought the white steel eel, same from Baam's first test, instead of the bull. Wondering if they'll show Baam survived at the end or keep it a mystery. Viole being Baam isn't too big of a reveal, especially after the Mule fight, but they could change it up in the anime.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The hate towards rachel from this point will be GLORIOUS.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I caught up with the non-fastpass chapters after having stopped reading at the end of the workshop battle. Good poo poo.

I am still fully confident that all the Rachel haters will, by the end game, be ashamed of their words and deeds.

Also, SIU need to buff Rakk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If you binge read all the way up until now, then the parts with Rachel in them should still be fresh in your mind, and imo, she made her stance pretty clear. But, on reflection, I guess it is possible she's carrying around knowledge about Bam that we just don't know yet and that informs and guides a lot of her actions. But so far it really seems like she's just a petty, weak, jealous girl.