Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Rianlee posted:

I want a game where I ride horses with really nice scenery.

I already have BotW, so not that.

Have a fairly decent PC, but no consoles other than the switch. Looked at the Witcher series, Red Dead Redemption 2 and the two latest Assassin's Creeds, but worry that they'll be very violent. Any ideas?

The rear end Creeds come with a discovery mode or something similarly named where you get to just explore the environments with no enemies or gameplay. This might be exactly what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

pro click

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jay Rust posted:

Wow what happened

Oh no.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Wow what happened

I hope they are okay! Twitter is a terrible place to legit good people.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Really regretting not pressing the fart button at the end of that video

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sludge Life has a fart button?! I should reinstall

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Hwurmp posted:

Sludge Life has a fart button?! I should reinstall

yeah and if you fart while using the glider it gives you a boost forward, just like real life.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SeXReX posted:

yeah and if you fart while using the glider it gives you a boost forward, just like real life.

update: press the fart button whilst jumping to do a flip

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

serious question; will I be able to bring my corn on an open flame with jazz music theme from ps4 to ps5?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
played the gloomwood demo, unsurprisingly it fuckin' rules

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe play this month’s game club game? For your thread?

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

doingitwrong posted:

The rear end Creeds come with a discovery mode or something similarly named where you get to just explore the environments with no enemies or gameplay. This might be exactly what you want.

That's a good idea. Thank you!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

I might have missed this, what club game

Is it this one

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Jay Rust posted:

i'm gonna!!!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I am also playing Dark Souls. I tried Four Kings today. It sucked. I’m gonna explore a bit and maybe try one of the other bosses before I try again

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

drag him

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

wuggles posted:

I am also playing Dark Souls. I tried Four Kings today. It sucked. I’m gonna explore a bit and maybe try one of the other bosses before I try again

dont click this unless you want to make the fight trivial slap on the heaviest armor you can with iron skin and 2h your best weapon and just face tank them and swing

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I might have missed this, what club game

Is it this one

This game is also good. It gave me the rush of stat management with some anime thrown in

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

homeless snail posted:

LOL (lots of luck)

Help how to respec

Barudak
May 7, 2007

redreader posted:

I loved demon's souls and the first time I played through it I didn't really use any magic. If you don't like magic users, how did you know magic was OP?

Everytime Id look up for help for a boss/difficult area there were two presented solutions "use magic" and "learn to eat dirt until you crap diamonds". After beating most of the 1-3 stages and kind of trudging my way along, I decided to restart as a magic build just to see if the grass was actually greener. After absolutely obliterating the first few bosses I quit.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Stux posted:

dont click this unless you want to make the fight trivial slap on the heaviest armor you can with iron skin and 2h your best weapon and just face tank them and swing

:hmmyes:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

this hurt my brain
https://twitter.com/SavedYouAClickV/status/1272376021514362880

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it doesnt really work for any other boss but its extremely effective on them and it owns

May 8, 2006

Stux posted:

drag him

it worked i just played it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/corybarlog/status/1272342916204093440
is this the next stage in 40 year old dad game production disease? where you get really upset about mild criticism and post exasperated tweets about how depressed the world makes you

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

TLOU2 isn't even his game. He just jumped into the whole twitter drama fight between Druckmann and Schreier and made himself a target to the hordes.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ErrEff posted:

TLOU2 isn't even his game. He just jumped into the whole twitter drama fight between Druckmann and Schreier and made himself a target to the hordes.

Well well well if it isn’t the consequences of my own actions

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it's more labor reporting that he's defensive about, although he exists in the same psychocreative space as druckmann

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

is this the next stage in 40 year old dad game production disease? where you get really upset about mild criticism and post exasperated tweets about how depressed the world makes you

I look forward to the plotline in GOW2 where Kratos gets canceled by the Greek chorus who have followed him to Asgard or whatever

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I just played some bullshit called Lust for Darkness and oh boy

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
Playing XCOM 2's legacy ops, and Bradford's having a good time.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

where is game club?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The first rule of game club is...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If it’s your first time in the game club thread, you HAVE to play the video game

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927269&perpage=40

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

homeless snail posted:

Then you immediately cancel all your video games and get involved with GamerGate.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Usually when I play King's Bounty The Legend, I'll get to the first boss fight, get distracted, then come back months later and just restart my file. This time I've actually gotten off of the first continent and I end up encountering this guy.

Excuse me, what?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thinking about starting Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.

I might also play that game club game!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

wuggles posted:

Power Within is your friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."