Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

InsertPotPun posted:

i'm shocked tinsley acknowledges the alt-right even exists let alone that there is an extreme left. his political scale isn't usually that nuanced
oh he's angling for a "one of the good ones" label instead of "collaborator" isn't he?

That isn't Tinsley. Someone else is doing his comic now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

InsertPotPun posted:

i'm shocked tinsley acknowledges the alt-right even exists let alone that there is an extreme left. his political scale isn't usually that nuanced
oh he's angling for a "one of the good ones" label instead of "collaborator" isn't he?

Don't forget this is Fishman now, who has a better grasp on the internet.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Gaybies Nomination: Worst Gaslighter Cartoon

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

EoRaptor posted:

Lots of children's TV is about teaching obedience to authority. Selling the tools of your oppressors as good and noble is just part of that.

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy4YFDSDW4w

Also also toys

It's like Tom of Finland designed those polices.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is a politoon, right?

https://twitter.com/parentdaniel/status/1271824086138789891?s=20

She came up with the look for Metamorpho.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I don’t wanna be harsh on the actual artist because doing anything of that quality at 93 is amazing, but I am so tired of “superheroes fix our real-world problems” cartoons.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Literally an hour ago I was like "having a Civics class (and paying the least bit of attention to it) would give you the tools to understand just how historically horrifying and damaging comparing citizens \ minorities to unruly children is. That's why you Russians don't really get how democracy is meant to function".

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Holy poo poo, I just noticed that the main bad guy in that COPS cartoon is named Big Boss. I went ahead and watched an episode and the quality difference of the actual show verses the intro is immense.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

Don't forget this is Fishman now, who has a better grasp on the internet.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

:haw:

Gotta admit that I'm also surprised of Mallard becoming readable. Maybe Fishman's art is still a bit stiff, but it's a lot better than Tinsley's who, for a while, drew Mallard bald because ??? and was just getting sloppier and more racist every week.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 14, 2020

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Pants Donkey posted:

Bennett in a rare return to form.

This is actually pretty brutal, especially for Bennett. He's been so lost since Trump killed decorum, I hope this anger gives him some direction.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://twitter.com/BennettCartoons/status/1271570225142665216

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kennel posted:

Hy “Taser” Watts (voiced by Len Carlson) — A police officer who worked with the Seattle Police Department and is known for tasering crooks who try to resist arrest.

Yikes, how much worse can you

quote:

Walker “Sundown” Calhoun (voiced by Len Carlson) — A former Texas Sheriff. He is an excellent lasso handler and sharpshooter known for conducting special investigations. Sundown is representative of a Texas Ranger.
:stonk:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I do love that Fishman's idea of a leftist is an appearances-obsessed liberal

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This is by all measures a pretty predictable entry for Garrison. Buying and spreading falsehoods, about the CHAZ, "black=brat", "SOROS", that kind of fare.
But what I find most interesting is that by using Brawndo here he's completely and utterly misunderstood the very thing he's referencing. In Idiocracy, the concept is that capitalist marketing got so out of control that its lies, which became accepted as fact, nearly destroyed the world. The society is entirely a conservative one (fighting against change, governed by strict regulations and hierarchies, extremely heavy (automated) police presence, shuns things that are different, uses derogatory slurs (including anti-LGBT) to dismiss things, the whole nine. It's not just "they're dumb and don't know what water is", because even in the pretty terrible narrative of the film, it's caused by a very specific brand of stupidity and no other variety would result in quite the same apocalyptic disaster that involves sports drinks to water plants.

Idiocracy's not a great movie but it's also not terribly complicated, Garrison.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Not that Trump is a good-looking man, but this depiction might just give me nightmares.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Vib Rib posted:

This is by all measures a pretty predictable entry for Garrison. Buying and spreading falsehoods, about the CHAZ, "black=brat", "SOROS", that kind of fare.
But what I find most interesting is that by using Brawndo here he's completely and utterly misunderstood the very thing he's referencing. In Idiocracy, the concept is that capitalist marketing got so out of control that its lies, which became accepted as fact, nearly destroyed the world. The society is entirely a conservative one (fighting against change, governed by strict regulations and hierarchies, extremely heavy (automated) police presence, shuns things that are different, uses derogatory slurs (including anti-LGBT) to dismiss things, the whole nine. It's not just "they're dumb and don't know what water is", because even in the pretty terrible narrative of the film, it's caused by a very specific brand of stupidity and no other variety would result in quite the same apocalyptic disaster that involves sports drinks to water plants.

Idiocracy's not a great movie but it's also not terribly complicated, Garrison.

Given its incredibly eugenics-driven undertones I'm not surprised that Garrison feels safe to reference it

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Korthal posted:

Holy poo poo, I just noticed that the main bad guy in that COPS cartoon is named Big Boss. I went ahead and watched an episode and the quality difference of the actual show verses the intro is immense.

Yeah. I've been trying to find out which studio did the animation for the COPS intro for ages, because it's utterly fantastic. I want to find out what the animators went on to work on.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

He's looking kind of dumb.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah. I've been trying to find out which studio did the animation for the COPS intro for ages, because it's utterly fantastic. I want to find out what the animators went on to work on.

Probably the death throws of some Japanese studio. This time period was really desperate for them, and they took on all sorts of projects for cheap to get by. Check out Bionic Six, very much looks like the same studio. Or even M.A.S.K.

EoRaptor fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 14, 2020

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

I just took a peek at Stantis' Twitter account, and it might surprise you to learn that almost nobody is responding to him at all.

This is his most controversial tweet in the past month, with five replies.

https://twitter.com/ScottStantis/status/1261659334582435842

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I just took a peek at Stantis' Twitter account, and it might surprise you to learn that almost nobody is responding to him at all.

This is his most controversial tweet in the past month, with five replies.

https://twitter.com/ScottStantis/status/1261659334582435842

More like JEEZEheads, amirite?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

EoRaptor posted:

Probably the death throws of some Japanese studio.

Oh definitely. Here's one of the animators of the Thundercats intro.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0556094/

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Downes:

Rowe:

Zanetti:

"Captain Cook, chased a chook, all around Australia" is one of those schoolyard chant songs with a billion local variants which I don't know the origin of but feels very Gen X.

Knight:

Victorian premier Dan Andrews. Victoria is lifting restrictions in many areas on June 22 and Mark Knight is very happy about a particular one.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

Bennett in a rare return to form.

Lmfao holy poo poo this fuckin owns

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I had an ungodly amount of COPS toys as a kid.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Are you supposed to laugh at the kid demanding food right in front of a clearly empty fridge as patently unreasonable, or is she somehow a "good" protestor, compared to all the bad ones stabbing weird flag curtains and having dark skin colors and being radicalized by (((Soros)))?

The cartoon is riffing on a bunch of provably false talking points being spread by right-wing corners of the internet who either don't know whats happening there or are deliberately trying to spread misinformation (likely both).

The rumors/disinformation I'm recognizing in the cartoon include:

1. The CHAZ opened up free food stands and were subsequently overrun with homeless people who took all of it, and now organizers are begging for food. (Patently false. There's tons of food available to the point that people offering to donate food are being turned away.)

2. The protestors are trying to make self-sustaining gardens but theyre all weak liberals who dont know anything about farming. (I'm no farmer so i cant say how true this is but theres a lot of people there im sure some of them know how to garden at least)

3. A soundcloud rapper named Raz Simone has set himself up as a warlord of the Zone and rules over it with an iron fist, shaking down businesses for protection money. (This hasn't happened. Raz Simone is there, and he's been acting like kind of a dick, but people are mostly just ignoring him.

4. Mayor Jenny Durkan and Governer Jay Inslee are supporting/ignoring the CHAZ. (Jenny Durkan has made some token statements about freedom but is palnning to send the police back to reclaim the precinct soon. Jay Inslee apaprently did say he wasnt aware of the CHAZ but nobody fuckin believes it).

The truth is the CHAZ is basically six-block patch of land that seems to be doing more or less okay. It was a very gentrified area that used to be well known as Seattle's Queer District, and since the police got kicked out, many of the people who had been kicked out are coming back and celebrating. Lots of art has been made and people are just chilling, and local businesses are seeing more money than they have in months since the pandemic thanks to all the foot traffic. There's a sense of tension that the cops are going to come back any minute, and theres been some criticism from local organizers that white people aren't taking it seriously enough, but over all the CHAZ is just kind of, existing.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Don't like how the ruling politicians are the adults and the people are just children.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man seeing Seattle being portrayed as a pinko place by right wingers again really gives me some happiness.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ague Proof posted:

That isn't Tinsley. Someone else is doing his comic now.

It kind of sucks that "whoops, I forgot to tell a joke" is now, 16 years later, outdated.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

seiferguy posted:

The Everett Massacre was a peaceful protest of unions wherein the police started firing upon the protestors, killing several of them. It's almost as if history repeats itself :thunk:
Is that Brawndo caption another of Ben Garrison's tiny clues that he's been running a false flag on right-wing cartooning his whole career?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Cops Kill White People Too

Ted Rall posted:

Cops kill more blacks than whites. But whites still get killed. Maybe it’s time for whites to believe when blacks tell them that the police are dangerous.

Tags: 2.5x, Black Lives Matter, Cops, dangerous, Police Brutality, police killings, racism, racists, together

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Is there some internet forum somewhere full of decrepit boomers who are outraged that Mallard Filmore has gone the same route as Nancy and got a new writer who remembers to tell a joke?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Qwertycoatl posted:

Is there some internet forum somewhere full of decrepit boomers who are outraged that Mallard Filmore has gone the same route as Nancy and got a new writer who remembers to tell a joke?

Here.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How dare you?! we are decrepit millenials and proud of it!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Do not enjoy this combination of Horny and Trump.

This is in very poor taste.

I cannot imagine a parent being so irresponsible as to hold a birthday party with a bunch of kid guests during this pandemic. You really have to be one of the ones who thinks the entire virus is a hoax to be that stupid.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Cops Kill White People Too

This dude can't help but make things about himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Lurdiak posted:

This dude can't help but make things about himself.

If they were jaywalking and asking about restaurants, yes.