Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
!mix twitter + remedy = megaflare self

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

That's jobs going live now.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Blue Mage start!

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Time ZERK Dancer Oracle

Hrm

Time ugh dance or ribbon?

ZERK gets ribbon

Dancer equip axe for the str?

Oracle Time magic?

This is rough.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
I got white mage, thief, dancer, bard

lmfao

somebody be real with me how bad is this?

edit: I think there's some kinda broken harp for bard near the end? That's all I know. Godspeed everyone.

Pyrus Malus fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 15, 2020

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I've only got one berserker with pure chaos #BERSERKERRISK and I feel disappointed.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Going to try this again, and this time there is no huge release to distract me (Not interested in TLOU2). Started off with Knight.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Pyrus Malus posted:

lmfao

edit: I think there's some kinda broken harp for bard near the end? That's all I know. Godspeed everyone.

Honestly a half decent team.

White Mage gives you all the heals early on, and can start dropping damage with Holy in end game. Granted, you sorta have to clear Fork Tower for that first.

Thief is an eh job, but can take !Sing and boost your stats while everyone else works.

Dancer gets crazy damage if you get lucky on Sword Dance procs.

Bard lets you stoplock Omega, and can utterly shut down most random fights and shred undead dungeons.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Pyrus Malus posted:

lmfao

The good news is you'll be pretty strong once you hit World 3! The bad news is getting to World 3.

If you haven't done Ronka Ruins yet, you can steal a Lamia's Tiara from a Lamia. That'll boost the chances of Swords Dance to 50%, which you're going to need.

Bard Songs are going to be invaluable, especially for dealing with randoms. Target-all Confuse and Stop will make your life a lot easier. Requiem will be your best grinding option for certain areas.

You'll probably want to grind Metamorphs for Staff of Judgment drops to take down W2 Exdeath.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Blue Mage ZERKY Bard Samurai.

First time having Blue Mage without a beastmaster. Guess I’ll have to survive without White Wind.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
White mage start. There will be so much slapping monsters with our noodly mage arms. :rolldice:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

A Real Horse posted:

Blue Mage ZERKY Bard Samurai.

First time having Blue Mage without a beastmaster. Guess I’ll have to survive without White Wind.

Bard can confuse the Enchanted Fans. Just gotta hope the Zerk behaves long enough.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Summoner out the gate, I got a good feeling about this run.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Put Zerky down like Old Yeller while the adults learn magic.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
somebody correct me if I'm wrong - if you do something like pure chaos and your first job is a water job, you use freelancer til the water crystal?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Pyrus Malus posted:

somebody correct me if I'm wrong - if you do something like pure chaos and your first job is a water job, you use freelancer til the water crystal?

If you aren't using something that unlocks all jobs at the start, yes.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Blue to start as well. I'm on a risk run so I'm curious as to which slot I'm going to get zerk in but I also want to play fair and not check the rest of my team until the appropriate time.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

All Cops are Bastards.

Also,

All Classes Are Berserkers.

PastaBakeWizard
Mar 4, 2020
Chaos berserker risk for my first full playthrough. I know that's OTT but if I end up job fairing out of the challenge that's fine, more money for charity innit ladz

Anyway my first job is beastmaster can't wait to die

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

throw another on the ACAB pile

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

And i got Bard/Berserker/Dragoon/Mystic Knight. Let's go team zero synergy since I'm playing the SNES version and are just going to underflow magic anyway.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
All Carlaboses Are Bastards

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
All quadzerk liquid flames are bastards (also cops)

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Sweet, I got Blue Mage. It was one of those jobs I avoided playing until the first Fiesta I joined, which I cleared. A good omen. Also, now I know how good it is.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I posted my toxx really early in the thread so I hope it's ok to reiterate it:

I'll donate $10 to Against Malaria Foundation for every pic of Geomancer attacking NED with Gaia's Bell (one pic per run), for up to $300! :toxx:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mime start with at least one berserker in my future Yeehaw.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
a friend of mine got possibly the worst pure chaos job pull of all time:

berserker, bard, dancer, mime

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Pyrus Malus posted:

a friend of mine got possibly the worst pure chaos job pull of all time:

berserker, bard, dancer, mime

That's a Triple Crown right there, baby. Bard to !Calm Omega, Mime to use Wonder Wand to Berserk Shinryu. Chicken Knife Sword Dance to put out some damage.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 15, 2020

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Admiral Joeslop posted:

That's a Triple Crown right there, baby.

And an extremely loud argument in favor of fiesta mod. :v:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Pure Chaos / Berserker gave me: Dancer, Berserker, Freelancer, Bard.

I guess that puts me in the roughly the same boat as Pyrus' friend.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Mega64 posted:

Bard can confuse the Enchanted Fans. Just gotta hope the Zerk behaves long enough.

A dead zerker ruins no plans.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

I'm doing pure chaos with berserker risk. Ended up with Blue Mage, Berserker, Red Mage, Bard. I guess I better look up a guide for Blue magic, huh?

deeznuts
Aug 19, 2004

The X-15 Cruise Basselope
About to start my first fiesta run ever, never played FFV before either. I got Thief to start, any advice or tips I should know?

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
My first fiesta, and I've never beaten FFV before...

Got Black Mage / Mystic Knight / Ninja / Chemist. My impression is that this is a super strong set. Any missables/high value optional stuff for this group I should be worried about?

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Knight/Berserker/Mime/Monk.

Wow! This is garbage!

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Beast/berserker/bard/samurai on pure chaos berserker risk. Very happy with this team.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I pulled Black Mage, Mystic Knight, Beastmaster, Samurai.

I know Omega is free, what can I do for Shinryu to secure the triple crown? Wonder Rod berserk and then either mirage vest glitch or pray for blade grasp? I would really prefer not to do all that menuing for the vests since he's so fast. Can I masamune initiative into lamp carbuncle to survive wave so I can wear shoes?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

deeznuts posted:

About to start my first fiesta run ever, never played FFV before either. I got Thief to start, any advice or tips I should know?

Thief is one of the rougher starts - bring (a lot) more Potions than you think you'll need, and don't be afraid to stick some characters in the back row to act as honorary healers. Random drops of daggers in the ship graveyard help on the next two bosses (graveyard and mountain), but you can get by without them.

Detour into the Walse Castle basement for an elven mantle, stick that on your frontliner. Steal some dagger upgrades (at least one for your frontliner) from the wyverns in the water crystal tower, and consider having one frontline and three support-only backline for the boss there because he counterattacks and hits hard.

Advice after that depends on what you get for your other jobs, but !Steal can often be useful (Hi-Potions are enormously powerful in world 1, and you can steal them in the fire ship, for example), and !Flee is one of those QoL abilities you'll totally take for granted until you do another run where you don't have it.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Hackan Slash posted:

I know Omega is free, what can I do for Shinryu to secure the triple crown? Wonder Rod berserk and then either mirage vest glitch or pray for blade grasp? I would really prefer not to do all that menuing for the vests since he's so fast.

Hermes Sandals on everyone and plenty of Phoenix Downs. Shinryu is fast, but with everyone Hasted you'll still be able to outpace him. Don't even need Magic Lamp shenanigans for the opening Tidal Wave (which wouldn't work anyway since it can't be reflected), because your Wonder Wand user will go before him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deeznuts
Aug 19, 2004

The X-15 Cruise Basselope

Vil posted:

Thief is one of the rougher starts - bring (a lot) more Potions than you think you'll need, and don't be afraid to stick some characters in the back row to act as honorary healers. Random drops of daggers in the ship graveyard help on the next two bosses (graveyard and mountain), but you can get by without them.

Detour into the Walse Castle basement for an elven mantle, stick that on your frontliner. Steal some dagger upgrades (at least one for your frontliner) from the wyverns in the water crystal tower, and consider having one frontline and three support-only backline for the boss there because he counterattacks and hits hard.

Advice after that depends on what you get for your other jobs, but !Steal can often be useful (Hi-Potions are enormously powerful in world 1, and you can steal them in the fire ship, for example), and !Flee is one of those QoL abilities you'll totally take for granted until you do another run where you don't have it.

Awesome, thank you! Looking forward to being pleasantly confused for a while.