Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mraagvpeine posted:

Out of curiosity, is there someone who's keeping track of which chapters are getting adapted into anime and which ones aren't?

https://guya.moe/#chapter_listing_exp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I see. Thanks.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I finished re-reading Ishigami's sports arc and I suddenly realized how much I'm going to [REDACTED]

The poo poo he dealt with mirrored my own middle school experiences well and made my blood boil.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 10, 2020

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

villainous is a strange read on it, given ishigami intentionally left her in the dark.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nevermind that I got (poo poo hot take from personal experience) sorted out on discord.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

New Doujin Chapter

This is a good one :kimchi:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Oh my jesus, the spoilers for the next chapter are wild!

I will never be able to see Chapter 85 in the same light again.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Folt The Bolt posted:

Godamnit I was going to wait until imgur scans came out! Do you guys wanna know now or then?

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Maybe we should wait for an actual translation, instead of the Cliffsnotes.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the latest chapter, Hayasaka receives justice in the AU doujin

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I feel like I've been stabbed

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Catpetter1981 posted:

In the latest chapter, Hayasaka receives justice in the AU doujin

a good but cursed post

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

you can't do this to me. :gonk:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

PassingPie posted:

you can't do this to me. :gonk:
I'll tell you all what happens next chapter in spoilers tomorrow morning. How's that sound?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:siren: Here we go (Chapter 192 Speedscans by Discord) :siren:

Big Bombshells were dropped today. To summarize:

o Osaragi used to be an outgoing child. The daughter of an actress, she lost this trait after her mother had an affair.
o Under heavy scrutiny in middle school, she was shielded from anguish by her friends, Iino (and Ishi).
o She then became best friends with Tsubame-Senpai, who faced her own scrutiny with stride.
o Contrary to our fears, Tsubame did not contact Ootomo to spill all the beans.
o Instead, she condifed with Kaguya and Osaragi beforehand.
o She has a very, very cunning plan (to the point that Kaguya underestimated her)
o Kaguya realllly likes where this is going and signs up
o Meeting with Ishi, Osaragi reveals she knew about the middle school letter Ishi gave Iino.
o Ishi confesses that letter was super Chuuni of him, and wrote it out of pity.
o "I've always been looking out for you as well." - Osaragi
o (Okay bombshell time) The main reason Osaragi cannot support IshiMiko...
o ...Is because she loves Ishigami herself.
o Ishi's love triangle just became a full-blown harem. That's two Impossible Girls in Ishi's pocket.
o And lest I mention the latest episode with Osaragi's bit came out the same day this dropped.
o Did I mention Aka is a madman?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jun 15, 2020

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Big Bombshells indeed. It's a loving awesome chapter. :allears:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kinda eye-rolly tbh.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

@Grouchio

Err, actually I think the text moreso implies that she could have had romantic feelings for Ishigami but didn't due to seeing him giving Iino the letter and now she just likes him platonically and wants him to be happy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:byodood: Akasakaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

SebastianK
Dec 4, 2011

Congratulations

Grouchio posted:

o (Okay bombshell time) The main reason Osaragi cannot support IshiMiko...
o ...Is because she loves Ishigami herself.

Uh so this was a mistake on the early leaks' side and consequently made the discord freak out. In reality there's no real "bomb" this chapter, unless you consider the flower reveal one, but that's been made extremely obvious for ages. The actual situation is closer to what Folt the Bolt said, with it currently being purely platonic. Which also makes this chapter way better and less harem-trashy, so thank god for that.

SebastianK fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jun 15, 2020

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That's right, there's absolutely no competition in this chapter. After all, a boy can have two sisters.

(I was going to call Osaragi another older sister for Ishigami, but I looked it up, and she's younger than him by three months.)

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
This chapter has me thinking that the "Impossible Challenges" themselves will be represented by the suitor character winning over the item character in some way. Ishigami's challenge is pretty clear: win over Tsubame's heart. On the other hand, it looks like Osaragi and Miko are gonna have a fallout in the future, so maybe Miko's challenge involves forgiveness.

If this is the case it makes me want to see Love is War: Zero even more. What did Miyuki do to win over Momo? It's clear from the Festival arc that Miyuki had gotten Momo on his side a long time ago, leading to her helping with the romantic gesture.

Then again, this is all speculation based on lore and Aka is free to do whatever he wants with the tale.

theGrooseofLegend fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 15, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, if we go by lore, isn't Maki's twin younger brother the most likely to win? I know, I know, being Maki is suffering and all that.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Haha, nice! Miko Iino's character song (made for the second season) is called "Othello" which is likely a reference to the play by Shakespeare. Considering what's currently happening in the manga and various bits and pieces of foreshadowing and subtext, I'm thinking Iino is going to experience a "fall" in the future.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I will never read speedscans, PM me when the good scams are out

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Namtab posted:

:same:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Namtab posted:

Same. I think you just have to stay away from the thread between Sunday night and whenever guya.moe posts Jaimini's version now. Usually Wednesday night or Thursday. :(

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Namtab posted:

If you are looking for a good scam, there's a Nigerian Prince's bridge I'd like to sell to you.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Speaking of: https://guya.moe/reader/manga/Kaguya-Wants-To-Be-Confessed-To/192/1/

Having read it Osaragi just comes off as a really bad friend here. She's acting as if she knows exactly how everyone else feels, when there's no way that she could know any of their feelings for a fact.

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 18, 2020

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Frankly until later chapters come out that clarify what's actually happening with Osaragi it seems like a fool's errand to probe into it too deeply. Evidently even native speakers are having trouble trying to figure out what Aka is getting at here, and I have to imagine that was exactly the desired reaction.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Saagonsa posted:

Speaking of: https://guya.moe/reader/manga/Kaguya-Wants-To-Be-Confessed-To/192/1/

Having read it Osaragi just comes off as a really bad friend here. She's acting as if she knows exactly how everyone else feels, when there's no way that she could know any of their feelings for a fact.
While still a lovely friend, I think this chapter shows that Koba-chan:
  • Still likes/at least has a soft spot for Ishigami (due to knowing how he actually is since middle school) and wants to see him be happy/succeed in this relationship.
  • Since she also holds Tsubame in relatively high regard due to the advice she gave her during her freshman year in middle school, that also factors into her being on the IshiTsuba ship.
  • She still probably feels that, while Iino has endured a lot of hardships, she knows Iino is probably going to remain stuck in sorta-arrested development unless she gets dragged out of her rut.

Overall, probably one of my favorite chapters.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also I'm kinda afraid of how hilariously brutal is Kaguya's involvement going to be, given her current big-sister relationship with Ishigami and what she indirectly did at the last guy who messed with her cute little brother.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Oh right since the chapter is out I can finally post the best thing to come out of the chaotic spoilers period.

Fujiwara Snoopy might be the funniest thing I've ever seen :allears:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Okay, that is cute.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Agronox posted:

Same. I think you just have to stay away from the thread between Sunday night and whenever guya.moe posts Jaimini's version now. Usually Wednesday night or Thursday. :(

Speaking of, it looks like the DDOS against Jaimini's site is finally over. Assholes.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I really don't know what to think about all of these revelations but I'm really excited to see where all this intrigue goes. Also anxious about how much this is going to blow up in their faces.

Also it looks Osaragi took Tsubame's advice.

From Chapter 158

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Also it looks Osaragi took Tsubame's advice.

From Chapter 158
perhaps not, though anyone who knows japanese should probably corroborate

this detail is plain eerie, though i don't entirely know what to make of it

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008
If anyone's interested, Akasaka Aka's going to be doing a stream with a couple of Vtubers later today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFByTqvORH0

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I will be dissapointed if Aka doesn't V-Tube as Papagane in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Grouchio posted:

I will be dissapointed if Aka doesn't V-Tube as Papagane in the future.

Somewhat unrelated, but I've been going deep down the V-tube rabbit hole for about a week or two. It's taught me that I can enjoy minecraft videos if they star basically living anime girls. It's all Aka's fault for mentioning them!