Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dren posted:

I like the idea that Rocket Raccoon could bust into any attraction at any time, yell BOOORRRRRIIIING and start dancing.

That might actually make me hate Guardians of the Galaxy and I thought that was impossible :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

If Carousel of Progress ever changes I want it to be the same volume and same speed...

Because I had an incredibly nice nap on there.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
If Artemis Fowl is the quality of stuff Disney is planning to release I hope the parks never reopen

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That might actually make me hate Guardians of the Galaxy and I thought that was impossible :smith:

the other option is he comes in and does a five minute bit about how his hands don’t scan

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/cchard/status/1271862560221016065?s=21

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Also I think they should demolish the plantation house section of Port Orleans Riverside

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

BlueBayou posted:

Also I think they should demolish the plantation house section of Port Orleans Riverside

fun fact, it's actually Georgian-Greek mutted up architecture that closely resembles the Antebellum period. It's not actually accurate to Antebellum standards specifically so it was ...less racist? I dunno.

Which is shocking considering the whole Dixie-loving-Landings poo poo.

But yeah also gently caress that section because that's where my vehicle got towed years ago.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait disney towed your vehicle?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It sounds like Universal has given up on social distancing:

https://twitter.com/UniNewsToday/status/1271864912235638790?s=20

Sea World too...
https://twitter.com/ViewsAndQueues/status/1271831365961551873?s=20

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
That's some record speed there.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

We're all gonna die.

For theme parks.

(F'real though the only reason I hope they open is for the CMs. Which I guess includes me.)

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Busch Gardens was selling a "Thrill Seeking is Essential" shirt that got yanked already, lol

They're still selling a number of social distancing t-shirts, which I guess is sort of weird since, you know. 117,000 people are dead. But honestly, I get it; if you don't laugh, you'll cry, etc etc. I still queue up Tribute.avi when I need a pick me up.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Fartington Butts posted:

We're all gonna die.

For theme parks capitalism.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Hard cap the capacity and raise prices.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Volcano Bay and Universal Studios Florida both hit capacity today (Well their new reduced number) and they stopped letting people in for a good while. Very different from earlier in the week where everything was nearly walk on.

Also that Hagrid line did have the markings on it, people were just taking super long moving up to the next mark.

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005
Based on the exponential growth of COVID cases across Florida and Orange County I would not be surprised if Disney delayed the openings. This isn’t looking good for the state...

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

the rush to open the economy nationwide will guarantee this will be an issue into 2021. If Disney opens, they'll absolutely have to close again at this rate.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
absolutely shocking that the dipshits in charge who refuse to address the problem head on by creating social safety nets and adopting appropriate public health measures have led us to this

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

BlueBayou posted:

Hard cap the capacity and raise prices.

If you pay $1700 per person to go get covid in disney world, god drat it, you are a proud capitalist. :911:

Bottom Liner posted:

the rush to open the economy nationwide will guarantee this will be an issue into 2021. If Disney opens, they'll absolutely have to close again at this rate.

I don't think that people can cope with the idea that it is unsafe to go grocery shopping, much less go ride the Haunted Mansion. It sucks. It sucks a lot. But it is and re-opening just endangers the public and makes this poo poo worse until there's either a cure or a vaccine. I don't know how people don't understand this.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

It’s exhaustion combined with peer pressure combined with a complete lack of leadership. Everyone hates being told “don’t see your friends, don’t do fun things with people around.” There’s only so much willpower we all have. In a crisis like this, we look for the support of our community (which is non existent, because the news only shows gently caress ups, because “people act responsibly” is not compelling) and our leadership (which is non existent because lol turpmo.)

The best summary I’ve seen is “America has failed the marshmallow test”

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It's also a huge amount of "well if they're letting things open, it must be safe" because people don't pay attention to anything and assume the government gives a poo poo about public health and safety.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Bottom Liner posted:

It's also a huge amount of "well if they're letting things open, it must be safe" because people don't pay attention to anything and assume the government gives a poo poo about public health and safety.

with a dash of bad faith interpretations of actual advice from real scientists thrown in to boot

and don’t forget the “oh, well it’s ok to go protest? then i’m going to universal studios/to get a haircut/etc” crowd.

remember, anything we do today doesn’t show up in the data for two to three weeks.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Went out to walk around downtown Winter Garden yesterday. Very, very few people wearing masks....including all the staff at Moon Cricket Grille. Crooked Can was doing a slightly better job, but dudes.....you kinda lose the point of social distance markers if you have one person signing their check while standing next to the next person ordering. Just wait the extra 10 seconds.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I think perhaps the owners of somewhere called Moon Cricket Grille should considering changing their name

E Oh cool after some googling the owner is having a meltdown on Facebook and says the name is okay because it wasn't racist when he thought of it and people are too sensitive. That's a straight up racial slur lol

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 14, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tim Whatley posted:

I think perhaps the owners of somewhere called Moon Cricket Grille should considering changing their name

E Oh cool after some googling the owner is having a meltdown on Facebook and says the name is okay because it wasn't racist when he thought of it and people are too sensitive. That's a straight up racial slur lol

Never heard that one before.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I’ll be honest I’ve never heard it either but

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/moon-crickets/

Ya should probably change that name lol

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Holy poo poo I had no idea....now I'm even more embarrassed and angry

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

It's not your fault, but I def heard it growing up in the Northeast, mainly from really old people (surprise) which is odd, but they actually were Southern olds, South Carolina to be more exact. I think the fact I instantly knew it was bad without knowing the place even existed is probably a decent indicator for the owner. The owner also uses the phrase "social justice cancer" in his Facebook post defending it, so that's cool.

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 14, 2020

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Tim Whatley posted:

It's not your fault, but I def heard it growing up in the Northeast, mainly from really old people (surprise) which is odd, but they actually were Southern olds, South Carolina to be more exact. I think the fact I instantly knew it was bad without knowing the place even existed is probably a decent indicator for the owner. The owner also uses the phrase "social justice cancer" in his Facebook post defending it, so that's cool.

yeah that sounds like a place where the employees aren't ever gonna be wearing masks, whether they like it or not. gently caress that owner

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

In other news LOOK AT IT!

https://twitter.com/ihc_aaayyyaaa/status/1272081143525814273

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

That entrance to Bowsers castle is sick

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

The Universal thing is from the same dude who runs WDWNT and was called out for lying about it by people who were in the line at the same time and were very clearly told to socially distance (although some of the markers are peeling off, which I noticed when I went last week)

SeaWorld on opening day was an absolute mess. First off, apparently the sea world ambassadors are not allowed to tell guests to socially distance and wear their masks, which is what I've been afraid of since day one, and secondly, the park was just too drat busy. SeaWorld was loving busy. what in the world.

They also had a MAJOR walkway under construction, and their alternative path for it was the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen, forcing people to get WAY too close to each other.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

lol Florida had 2500 cases on Saturday

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1272181543629455360

quote:

Sunday: 2,016
Saturday: 2,581
Friday: 1,902
Thursday: 1,698
Wednesday: 1,371
Tuesday: 1,096
Monday: 966

Yup. Our government is hiding their head in the ground pretending the pandemic is over and we’re going to hit 200k dead fast.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1272181543629455360

Yup. Our government is hiding their head in the ground pretending the pandemic is over and we’re going to hit 200k dead fast.

The question I have is how many corpses it takes for them to pull their heads back out, or if Trump just peaces out and decides not to run for president again and vanishes off the face of the earth

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

The question I have is how many corpses it takes for them to pull their heads back out, or if Trump just peaces out and decides not to run for president again and vanishes off the face of the earth

I would be very happy with the second option.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I remember talk about replacing rides and I was wondering if zootopia or moana were good enough properties to get their own rides.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TV Zombie posted:

I remember talk about replacing rides and I was wondering if zootopia or moana were good enough properties to get their own rides.

Moana's getting something in the former Innoventions area, but the important part is going to be the ride rather than the property. Both were popular enough movies that the draw from the ride would come down to the individual ride's quality.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
I got word that there were soft openings of the new Bourne stunt show going on today at Universal so I went, got into the 2:40pm show. Blew away expectations I had for it. Visually stunning is probably the best. Plot is mixed (some sort of VR watch on Bourne was the premise), but it didn't matter the screen (actually a gigantic LED wall) was the sharpest screen I've ever seen. And you legit couldn't tell at points who was projected and who wasn't (although face masks were a cue). Preshow was kinda dull, but the main show rocked. How VERY large set pieces, moved, turned, and went up and down with the video, with people doing stunts on them. This is a can't miss show if you go to Universal. The less you know about it the better. Despite the questionable IP for it's use. It works as "General Spy cool stunt show", and it's loaded with "that's drat cool and clever" moments.

The screens are pretty much the same as what they filmed Mandalorian with for backdrops.

Atricks fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just think Bourne is so boring inherently and no where near as cool as Terminator