Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/APWestRegion/status/1272291218421092352?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

twistedmentat posted:

I had to wear a kilt many times growing up, being a boy scout troop sponsored by a Scottish Society in Nova Scotia will do that, and its a whole thing. They're not casual daily stuff, there are proper socks and stuff to wear. Even then you just look like you're horny dude in a bad 80s comedy trying to sneak into a catholic school by dressing like a schoolgirl.

No one thinks "Kilt, that's manly". It's such a weird nerd thing where they have an article of clothing that they think is the replacement for a personality. Like that guy I used to see on the bus all the time who wore a top hat all the time and always had anime and video game music blaring out of the headphones around his neck. Or the dude who would wear a cape around all the time that was in my anthropology 101 class.

Not defending racists here, but there's nothing "unmanly" about a kilt. If someone thinks something is manly, then with very few exceptions, it is manly.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I think my man is lost

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this twitter thread is very long but basically it took 6 days for this struggling guy already into conspiracy theories to discover qanon and then go on a high speed chase with his wife and kids while talking to his car radio for instructions

https://twitter.com/4ngl3rf1sh/status/1272014864924409856?s=20

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Not strictly on topic, but do anyone know where to stay updated on the Seattle autonomous zone?

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa

Tias posted:

Not strictly on topic, but do anyone know where to stay updated on the Seattle autonomous zone?

We've got a thread right here in C-SPAM that covers the protests in general, and usually has pretty good info on the CHAZ: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925033

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It also moves super hella fast, so it can be hard to follow at times.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

Not defending racists here, but there's nothing "unmanly" about a kilt. If someone thinks something is manly, then with very few exceptions, it is manly.

the kilt defender has logged on

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

day crew where we at

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Dante80 posted:

Why is there a building called "the daughters of the Confederacy" in the US?
I don't get it.

Google lost cause of the conferderacy. hth

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1272501479195250688

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Race Realists posted:

Google lost cause of the conferderacy. hth

Holy poo poo I love how I parsed this at first

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

do not question why the police are shooting at a woman holding baby

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

ChristsDickWorship posted:

yea i love to recommend that old doomsday preppers show because a) showing up with a camera crew to let them show off provided many great self-owns and b) 70% of them in 2012-13 had started "preparing for a global financial collapse" when obama got elected

it got kinda weak later in the series, but the first 2 seasons are great content

This is from pages ago but if you watch nothing else, watch the episode where the 17 year old starts a fire in an abandoned house in the woods. It's amazing that no adults filming felt compelled to intervene and stop him.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Screaming Idiot posted:

post ur utilikilt.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Screaming Idiot posted:

lol source your quotes

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Kilts are plenty manly. The problem is that the dipshits wearing them don't treat them like the dress uniforms they are, and wear them unaccessorized/in completely inappropriate situations. It's the fedora problem with a Scottish wool skirt, basically.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
please don't kink shame my utilikilt tia

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Jorp is going to Serbia to get his tear glands removed because he can't stop crying in videos

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/IanMargolWPLG/status/1272502534016577536

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

jesus christ MW is a stupid gently caress

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

BraveUlysses posted:

jesus christ MW is a stupid gently caress

Thinking about when those Oregon chuds took over that federal park and proudly discussed bringing their wives and children as human shields

It's projection with chuds every single time

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Screaming Idiot posted:

i'll agree it's not unmanly but it is always performative to wear a kilt

a buddy of mine was in a wedding where the groomsmen all wore kilts because the groom was really proud of his scottish heritage. no one batted an eye, because wedding dress is inherently performative

wearing a kilt as an everyday thing is just like the college kid who wears suits to class, or the kid in middle school that carried a briefcase everywhere, or the guy who wears a trilby indoors. like, if it feels right for you, you do you, but don't pretend it's not saying something when it is

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I meant unmanly in that by the act of wearing it it makes you a man, makes you tough and cool. And as I said, I have worn kilts many times in my life and been around lots of people in kilts, but I, and no one else, felt that we looked like Braveheart because we were wearing one. Though all these men and teens in the same tartan patterns does make it look like a catholic school.

Maybe performative masculinity would have been a better way to describe it?

Also a baby would not stop cops from shooting you.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

none of this kilt business would be an issue if skirts were more acceptable on all genders

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Everyone who owns a firearm should be imprisoned for life.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

duz posted:

none of this kilt business would be an issue if skirts were more acceptable on all genders

Let's do togas

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Don't wear kilts. Instead, wear Laquan Smith miniskirts.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

sliami posted:

Don't wear kilts. Instead, wear Laquan Smith miniskirts.

That dude skips leg day.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

That's a lady, but it can be a dude.... For 399 US dollars

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/1272585485635014657?s=19

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.

I like the part where they mistranscribed the ADL reps description of qanons beliefs and say the government is run by a "cobble" of pedophiles.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

yorkinshire posted:

I like the part where they mistranscribed the ADL reps description of qanons beliefs and say the government is run by a "cobble" of pedophiles.

Better watch your shoes!.... and your kid's shoes

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A shoe of foot lovers

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Ben on Obamacare:
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/218351714661703681

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

chicago has a few BAD APPLES

https://mobile.twitter.com/AriCohn/status/1272265383236509697

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

lmfao he's a Chicago Cop Elemental

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

https://twitter.com/tereseaimee/status/1272581492271505408?s=20

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/wanaziwatch/status/1272584719276732416?s=21

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Like I said earlier, being armed does not necessitate owning arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

yorkinshire posted:

looooool