Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lufia posted:

It's just a really slow game. There's a chart to know what factor boost to be at before doing a challenge here. But it still takes ~10 hours to get to the next factor boost. Oh and also the booster upgrade that multiplies Tier 1 and 2 works with unspent boosters, so there's some upgrades you don't need when just trying to reach the next FB.

So protip about this game,

This chart is absolutely not the one that come up when you google Ordinal Markup and end up on the wiki for it. Apparently because it's 2020 wikis don't get updated anymore and you're expected to go to a discord and check the pins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I'm glad I'm through with needing to care about challenge order in Ordinal Markup, now I'm just waiting for 2e11 boosters so I can maybe run out of upgrades and shelve it completely for a while.

e: :lol: Still more game to go with unlocking Singularity I guess.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 12, 2020

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'm glad I'm through with needing to care about challenge order in Ordinal Markup, now I'm just waiting for 2e11 boosters so I can maybe run out of upgrades and shelve it completely for a while.

e: :lol: Still more game to go with unlocking Singularity I guess.

Singularity is just a plain boost and then it tells you that the rest isn't implemented.

Len posted:

So protip about this game,

This chart is absolutely not the one that come up when you google Ordinal Markup and end up on the wiki for it. Apparently because it's 2020 wikis don't get updated anymore and you're expected to go to a discord and check the pins.

The worst part is that the changelog is only on the discord.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The last update added the Changelog to the game, along with some other tweaks.

My favourite part of it is that it wiped out the Objectives screen.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Also if you do to the Discord they're pretty unhelpful and actively tell you incorrect information, I've been on a challenge that's "only supposed to take a day" for a week. I stupidly keep resetting whenever someone there goes "oh actually you need to do X before that"

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
this is the most important doc, that isn't on the wiki right now: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tyMz4CLZNoJB3WMGBITmFlI4NpoPV8U4G6Zvkj5-6D8/htmlview?pru=AAABclIgYTA*RM6jzaIbqPDnA8jOwIE3VQ

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Yep, that's the one I used before I made it to effective endgame. It's about perfect for the first time reaching BHO, and stays mostly accurate up until you finish all the Sluggish Milestones.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

What should I be focusing on after Godmother v1? It took me almost a month to go from auto-killing v1 to v2, so I assume I'm being inefficient- I'm just blood pill + yggdrasil-ing once a day, splitting the experience between energy/magic/R3 until I can cap all the NGUs, at which point I'll just dump everything into R3. I maxed out the faster wishes wish and am slowly grinding out the adventure stats one, and I'm moving my hacks around based on whatever levels up quickly and focusing on adventure when everything slows down. (QP is pretty much the only thing I'm not pushing into adventure- I'm saving for Beast Quirk and the accessory slot, since the rich jerks stuff doesn't look remotely worth it until I have better QP economy.)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.kongregate.com/games/Blahsadfeguie/hammerspace

This one is still getting updated if anyone's interested. There's some neat little things in terms of minigames that provide a different mode of being active instead of just clicking on things.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Xelkelvos posted:

This one is still getting updated if anyone's interested. There's some neat little things in terms of minigames that provide a different mode of being active instead of just clicking on things.

you had me at floating dev's head

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Xelkelvos posted:

It's kinda bad but in a charming fun way. Each of the four elements has a dumb minigame or three. Fire is R-type with mice, earth has DDR, tetris, and minesweeper, water has a weird machine you build and a puzzle field where you arrange your animals to make them happy, and air has blackjack and an rpg battle system.

There's not much to the game once you've tried them all but it's cute and the dudes' face is awesome.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Does poop have a lower drop rate from Evil ITPOD?

I've basically run out now despite just having it assigned to the same Fruits i did on normal and doing the same 24 hour rebirths with all my time spent in the ITPOD.

I'm on floor 680 now for optimal in ITPOD if the floor level matters or something?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What is your respawn time?
Are you oneshotting enemies?

My respawn is 0,96 seconds and i get enough poop to use it on all fruits that give permanent bonuses (except power)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SynthesisAlpha posted:

It's kinda bad but in a charming fun way.
yeah this is basically how I feel too, I picked Water thinking it'd be idle but dear god the generator crap sucks and the terrarium is busted good but I can't figure out how to make it work properly (by which I mean, my pearl income is like 1k and my money per click is like 10T and I need the former not the latter to rebirth), but at least I'm invested

edit: turns out I needed a bird upgrade to make birds make pearls and I instantly got into the billions, lmao at me, rebirthed and I'm free

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 15, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah this is basically how I feel too, I picked Water thinking it'd be idle but dear god the generator crap sucks and the terrarium is busted good but I can't figure out how to make it work properly (by which I mean, my pearl income is like 1k and my money per click is like 10T and I need the former not the latter to rebirth), but at least I'm invested

edit: turns out I needed a bird upgrade to make birds make pearls and I instantly got into the billions, lmao at me, rebirthed and I'm free

Yeah I did earth by playing a lot of Minesweeper and fire with an auto clicker but water was boring as hell and I quit playing soon after getting the generator thing

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Ineptitude posted:

What is your respawn time?
Are you oneshotting enemies?

My respawn is 0,96 seconds and i get enough poop to use it on all fruits that give permanent bonuses (except power)

Yeah it's on the optimal floor setting so oneshotting things, but my respawn rate is 1.94 seconds. I've only got about 124k levels in the evil NGU respawn rate, what's yours at?

It just occurred to me that if i levelled that up i could be doubling my EXP.

Kin fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 15, 2020

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lone Goat posted:

Yeah I did earth by playing a lot of Minesweeper and fire with an auto clicker but water was boring as hell and I quit playing soon after getting the generator thing
The optimal way to do air is to play a shitload of blackjack and then... grind through what appears to be a non-idle-able RPG?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

DACK FAYDEN posted:

ffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFF

a tech tree for your element would have been really nice to have

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You can idle the RPG you just need to spend a decent amount of quartz buying party slots and upgrading to decent party members.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
fire too me a fraction of the time water did.

the generator is trash and that makes getting to terrarium awful for water

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The secret to water is the terrarium and then at least for hammers, blood orange mice. I had no idea there was a pearl bird upgrade though and wish the dev could have found a way to make it more obvious that something like that existed (maybe some kind of symbol showing up on the animals with fourth wall notes about how obviously the player's choices were correct the first time and this would be a waste of time but that if they just HAD to see new options anyway some had shown up that would require going back to the base form). Getting the terrarium sucks, but it's not very hard with a battery, pearl modules, and some chocolate/vanilla narwhals.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Incremental Adventures has apparently been updating constantly over the last year, I think the dev fixed all the math so I'm restarting it

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Incremental Adventures has apparently been updating constantly over the last year, I think the dev fixed all the math so I'm restarting it

Is the strategy still to get nothing but rangers?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Actually, no - the other classes have sweet passives in the Armory now. Paladin boosts every other character's stats (so +50% to all three of my rangers from one Paladin slot), and Warrior has damage spill over from one mob to the next (so it's good before you get the faster respawn upgrades at plowing through low tables), and Cleric... uh, overheals? Oh, its other one is to "incrementally increase the stats of all heroes by x% every time the Cleric casts heal until next respawn", so that might be good for pushing theoretically.

So I have one Paladin, one Warrior, and then the rest all Rangers :eng101:

also went back to Hammerspace again, turns out the best Air strat is to max luck and spam click the Pinkjack button cause you win on a 21 regardless and sometimes it's suited and the other eagle that gives 4x on that is the best way to make Quartz

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I can’t seem to get my drat character to do anything. Just sits looking at an enemy with 20hp.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Last I played, the strategy was one Warrior for the Overkill effect, and the rest Paladins to buff him, since the Synergy (or whatever) bonus stacked. Not sure if those strategies are still valid, though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Klungar posted:

Last I played, the strategy was one Warrior for the Overkill effect, and the rest Paladins to buff him, since the Synergy (or whatever) bonus stacked. Not sure if those strategies are still valid, though.
Can confirm synergy stacks, I didn't even think about how it was going to be a possibly-multiplicative buff and whoops, this is way faster rofl

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
There's new armory upgrades that you get way later (like, post-ascension) that switch around who your best party is again.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Letting Slider Quest idle for a couple days and finally had enough money on hand to clearcut the forest in the Village tab. Turns out this has the unintended and hilarious effect of never finding any more forest adventure spots, which should have been expected!

EDIT: AWWWWW, turns out this isn't true; searching for an adventure found one while I was writing this.

Anyway it's not a particularly good idle game unfortunately.

Hammerspace was way too active to be considered an idle game (so much clicking even in passive routes) but definitely had me hooked until it burned all its good graces with the grind. In terms of production Water > Air > Fire > Earth but none of the minigames are "fun" to interact with in more than a compulsive way.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I think my biggest problem with hammerspace is that i'm on my last elemental cycle and at no point has any of the prestige stuff felt like it's sped up the grind.

wishing i hadn't done water first though because i'm barely scraping T hammers, but with terrarium and mice in water i was getting half a Qi every click...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Eldercain posted:

wishing i hadn't done water first though because i'm barely scraping T hammers, but with terrarium and mice in water i was getting half a Qi every click...
Yeah, and the first prestige is hardlocked to 10, which is a bonus if you get below a T hammers when you prestige but sure isn't when you're doing terrarium shenanigans :(

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

NGU question: Is there a generally accepted investment into Wishes as compared to NGUs/hacking? Right now I'm mid-Evil, between the Godmother and Exile titans. I've been investing about 25% of my E/M/R3 into wishes (which is then split between my two available slots). I know there's diminishing returns on investing into wishes, but didn't know if there was a better balance point.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I throw 1/4th of my E/M on each and 1/8 of my R3, though I unlocked a third slot recently and am not sure if spreading further will impact my hacks negatively.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
You get most of the «power» to complete an activity from gear, and gear that boosts NGU speed is usually separate from wishes or hacks.

If you are doing all activities at once without tailored gear you are getting suboptimal progress on all.

When im doing NGUs with my NGU gear i use 1% of E/M and all my R3 on wishes, the rest of E/M in NGU.

If i am doing wishes in wish gear i either do evil NGUs (im in late sadistic) which BBs at 0,01% of my E/M or i do the cheap sad NGUs, for like 5% of E/M then the rest in wishes.

If i am doing hacks in hacks gear i BB the cheap NGUs and put the rest of E/M in wishes together with a few % of R3. The rest of R3 in hacks.

The targeted activity gets full progress while the secondary activity gets some, but at virtually no cost of progress to the target activity.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I may be doing it wrong but I'll usually decide "I'm going to do wishes today" and put everything I have remaining after getting Adv Training/Wandoos going into my two wish slots I have right now. When I see that my hacks are getting sub-10 minutes I'll do a Hacks day which is basically just my NGU build, throw everything into a hack and make sure all my hacks are at least incremented by one milestone and let it work through all of them.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Any good suggestions for idle games on Android? Feel like it's been a month or so since someone asked, and I don't remember the answers.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The only idle game on android that's held my interest for long is Idle Skilling. It's a fun game that just keeps unfolding into more and more subgames the manage and poke at.

It's also largely the game's biggest detriment, because you never really get QoL features to reduce the burden of all the subgames, so you'll always have to manage your garden/pets/alchemy/crafting. But if you don't mind that it's honestly a lot of fun.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Posting in here for 4G's satisfaction.

I've been enjoying NGU Idle immensely, as the pacing and variety of the game keeps it feeling fresh and like I have a real impact on the speed of my progress. T6 is an odd beast, but the payoff of Yggdrasil is pretty cathartic. Excited to see how things progress from here.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Arzaac posted:

The only idle game on android that's held my interest for long is Idle Skilling. It's a fun game that just keeps unfolding into more and more subgames the manage and poke at.

It's also largely the game's biggest detriment, because you never really get QoL features to reduce the burden of all the subgames, so you'll always have to manage your garden/pets/alchemy/crafting. But if you don't mind that it's honestly a lot of fun.

Yeah this game took over NGU for my idler du jour for a while there but I more or less saw the end of Idle Skilling after a couple months and landed right back in NGU town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Had this exchange with my friend the other day, thought you'd appreciate it