Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mikaze stole something from this guy's heart!!!!

https://twitter.com/IamMikaze/status/1272199935333629954?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

welp looks like people have learned not a goddamn thing in the past three weeks

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I feel like now is the time to report that guy to the authorities before he shoots up there performance center.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Power Windows posted:

welp looks like people have learned not a goddamn thing in the past three weeks

They learned they can get away with it, twitter caters to people like them, and they learned they can get what they want through bullying. These incel/stalker freaks need to be electro shocked into normalcy or shipped to slave away in a quarry somewhere just irredeemable fucks.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Yeah there's no oversight by Twitter to any of this type of stalking/harassment. If only we had a functioning health care system with mental health professionals who could identify and treat these types of people before they go off the deep end.

Oh well :capitalism:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love what a ridiculous shill the now unconscious Gary is.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingGary/status/1272239833637892096

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

lol at him saying that Orton and Edge are at the peak of their careers.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Look out, he's bachelor degree material!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

All pictures of people that aren't either fully nude or completely clothed from head to toe are semi-nude if you think about it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

much like sunshine after clouds, you can always depend on someone on the internet to blame a woman.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rob Viper always set off my creeper alarm. Why do incels and misogynists love referring to women as "females"?

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1272367983806087168?s=19

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1272367986196779009?s=19

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1272367987165716481?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pinche Rudo posted:

Rob Viper always set off my creeper alarm. Why do incels and misogynists love referring to women as females

I kind of hate it because it does now have :biotruths: energy, I was brought up with my man insisting she wasn't a lady (because my mother is a class warrior and in the UK a lady is a woman member of the House of Lords and jesus I just wrote female and scrubbed it out because female sounded better in that sentence to my ears tha woman) and so I dropped it from my vocabulary 25 years ago. Which means saying woman all the time and the lack of variety is grating.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

everytime I see the word female being used like that, all I hear is the ferengi voice "feeeeemalesth" sample I've got floating around.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

forkboy84 posted:

I kind of hate it because it does now have :biotruths: energy, I was brought up with my man insisting she wasn't a lady (because my mother is a class warrior and in the UK a lady is a woman member of the House of Lords and jesus I just wrote female and scrubbed it out because female sounded better in that sentence to my ears tha woman) and so I dropped it from my vocabulary 25 years ago. Which means saying woman all the time and the lack of variety is grating.

Eh?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

coconono posted:

everytime I see the word female being used like that, all I hear is the ferengi voice "feeeeemalesth" sample I've got floating around.

Seems accurate enough.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Replies to the big Will The Trill tweet of the day are low hanging fruit honestly

https://twitter.com/xkingace1/status/1272582519985188867?s=21

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Did something happen recently where leg slaps have suddenly become shameful?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JT Smiley posted:

Did something happen recently where leg slaps have suddenly become shameful?

It's a joke about the NXT house style which WWE stans are now flipping around in a way that makes no sense

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sharknado was a syfy movie. These people don't have doors in their houses to reduce inside/outside confusion.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The logical conclusion of this leg slapping poo poo is going to be some variation of "its SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT!!! If you want to see wrestling moves watch some of that NeW jApAn pRo-WrEsTlInG"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

About a week ago Meltzer made an offhand comment about the cameramen not focusing on Keith Lee's BLM trunks or commentary even mentioning it, followed up with a statement of "It was pretaped and if WWE didn't want him to wear the trunks they wouldn't have been on the show". WWE have since released a youtube video about Keith Lee and BLM. Naturally, to the big brains of reddit, this video about Keith Lee and BLM is a chance to own history's greatest monster.

quote:

People need to realise Meltzer throws chum to his listeners.

When Rollins was internet public enemy number 1 last year, Meltzer said Rollins gave a speech to the roster about the Saudi Arabia stuff that "went down badly". The speech never happened.

Same poo poo here, his listeners would have lapped up that WWE were down on "Black Lives Matter" messages being portrayed. He got caught bullshitting again.

quote:

Meltzer weaponising the BLM movement to take a shot at WWE is incredibly scumbag but it's expected from the dude, im disappointed with the members of this sub who defend those actions and don't realize how incredibly damaging and insulting it is to use a very important movement for anything other than creating equality. Fabricate hostage situations, tell people that WWE teaches their wrestlers to hate you, whatever. Keep BLM out of your stupid wrestling war, Dave.

quote:

Should win his own "most disgusting promotional tactic" award.

quote:

Yep. The craziest thing is how much it works. Meltzer will get into a personal feud with a wrestler or be displeased at something that WWE supposedly did, and He'll tweet and talk about it none stop and frame it as if it's the biggest of issues and no time later you see everyone in the wrestling community almost universally adapt Meltzer's position.

It really is like the news in general.. Manufacturing consent as Chomsky puts it. Obviously the large billionaire orgs do it on a large scale of consequential level, but Meltzer does it in his own way with wrestling. Anybody that thinks he is a straight journalist who just seeks to inform is delusional.

quote:

Internet Memetzer-Mark Faction

: gently caress poo poo!! Ok listen up guys... As usual, plans have CHANGED again. We go back to “SaUdI HoStAgE” storyline!! Focus on that poo poo!!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Even the Ferengi embraced women's lib by the end of DS9

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I love that "bachelors degree material" implies that he doesn't have one, but has what it takes and that's clearly more deserving than being a successful part of WWE's costuming department.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Funny thing is this round is happening just as Meltzer is being proven right about his Saudi reporting thanks to the filings in the latest lawsuit against WWE

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hey guys? Undertaker totally owns Titan motorcycles because of Titan Sports because this forty year old guy told me when I was fifteen on line for Raw tickets in 2000 that I was a little pussy human being if I didn't realize that's why Taker only rides Titan bikes and if I said another word he'd gently caress my face.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Hey guys? Undertaker totally owns Titan motorcycles because of Titan Sports because this forty year old guy told me when I was fifteen on line for Raw tickets in 2000 that I was a little pussy human being if I didn't realize that's why Taker only rides Titan bikes and if I said another word he'd gently caress my face.

Jesus Christ.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dimebags Brain posted:

About a week ago Meltzer made an offhand comment about the cameramen not focusing on Keith Lee's BLM trunks or commentary even mentioning it, followed up with a statement of "It was pretaped and if WWE didn't want him to wear the trunks they wouldn't have been on the show". WWE have since released a youtube video about Keith Lee and BLM. Naturally, to the big brains of reddit, this video about Keith Lee and BLM is a chance to own history's greatest monster.

Lmao, this would be like saying that because Meltzer didn’t like Edge vs Orton at Wrestlemania, that he was wrong when at a later point, they put on a better match

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There's a sickness in the heads and in the hearts of these wrestling reddit fucks. Every six months or so they find something Dave-related to latch their nasty little talons into. I hate them so much, reading about them ruins my day.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Don't use the F word

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

ICHIBAHN posted:

Don't use the F word

How about 'incels'?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Dimebags Brain posted:

These people don't even listen to his shows they just get third hand accounts of what he says and jump all over themselves to attack him at any chance they get.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
"Females" is dehumanizing and demeaning without being overtly disrespectful. A perfect dogwhistle for MRA types.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think it's the clinical nature of the term, someone talking about females is usually coating themselves in performed rationalism and will go on about biotruths, while someone talking about women is more likely to be talking about actual human beings.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I think Rob was just trying to avoid saying "women" twice in the same sentence.

To be clear, we're talking about "female" as a noun on the internet as opposed to "female" as an adjective, right?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the adjective flows a lot better than re-arranging a sentence from time to time. I think it's just creepy robotic/alien talk that is frowned upon

this time 'frowned upon' means kicking someone in the dickus

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 16, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

speaking wrecklessly about people's business situations is pretty gross tho. I don't know enough about women's lucha politics to really give any credence to such broad strokes.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, there are times where female is actually a good adjective, and it's a shame that incels have created such a kneejerk reaction to it.

Also it seems to be fairly common in AAVE without the connotations from what I can tell, and I'm not going to judge black people for how they use anything that isn't an outright slur in AAVE because that would be extremely lovely for a white person to do.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's fine as an adjective, it's much less fine as a noun

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
this is where the big females play, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/h9wo2o/tweet_pollock_from_two_sources_wwe_tapings_will/fuzbg8o/

quote:

I have a feeling a lot less people who matter are at any risk than people are making out to be the case anyways. The barricades aren’t just there to look cool, and most of the crowd are people who are never on TV anyways.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/h9wo2o/tweet_pollock_from_two_sources_wwe_tapings_will/fuzb2zq/

quote:

Given that it was a developmental person there’s a good chance nobody relevant got it from them. There’s a reason most of the crowd were people who aren’t even relevant on NXT

Don’t worry guys, I’m sure whoever got Coronavirus at the performance center wasn’t important anyways, I need my sports entertainment