Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I just love how we’re all living in their dream little hell world, the Supreme Court decides you can’t just fire someone for being trans and they’re ready to slit their wrists in despair.

Fragile as gently caress. They could not make it a minute living outside of their bubble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Ambitious Spider posted:

I just love how we’re all living in their dream little hell world, the Supreme Court decides you can’t just fire someone for being trans and they’re ready to slit their wrists in despair.

Fragile as gently caress. They could not make it a minute living outside of their bubble.

GodWarriorWoman.flv

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

quote:

To: Stravinsky

There goes the military as an effective fighting force. The queers will to the Army as they did to the Boy Scouts.

47 posted on 06/15/2020 7:55:36 AM PDT by jpsb
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Oh no our elite fighting force the boyscouts! Who will defend our country from.. whatever now?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Honestly I thought I remembered Freep declaring the military over like a decade ago. Definitely when they dropped Don't Ask Don't Tell. What kind of difference does this new ruling even make to the military?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

jojoinnit posted:

Honestly I thought I remembered Freep declaring the military over like a decade ago. Definitely when they dropped Don't Ask Don't Tell. What kind of difference does this new ruling even make to the military?

Gonna cause some awkward poo poo regarding Trump's EO explicitly blocking trans people and also probably the trans healthcare thing he JUUUST did lmao

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Shugojin posted:

Gonna cause some awkward poo poo regarding Trump's EO explicitly blocking trans people and also probably the trans healthcare thing he JUUUST did lmao

Supreme Court precedent overrules executive orders, right?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

jojoinnit posted:

They're doing that constantly, anytime anything is in the news that reminds them the military isn't 100% pro-that-drill-sergeant-from-full-metal-jacket they piss and moan that the military has been feminized into impotence and the foreign hordes are going to sweep in and gay marry everyone

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

When was the military supposedly this freep ideal? I mean, they drafted people for the longest time.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Georgia Peach posted:

When was the military supposedly this freep ideal? I mean, they drafted people for the longest time.

It was the ideal in the movies they saw as kids.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Including the antiwar movies whose commentary they didn't understand

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The military has never been a progressive bastion but it's never been the fascist wet dream that freep pines for either, except for maybe when it was engaged in an ongoing genocide.

Also lol that Kavanaugh and Gorsuch and now too liberal for freep. I wonder how many will last long enough to memory hole Trump like they have every past republican not named Ronald.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Shugojin posted:

I'm nowhere near an expert on American bullshit laws, but isn't the Supreme Court ruling about being fired for being LGBT, and so wouldn't affect the trans healthcare refusals?

I mean, it's definitely a strong thing to pull in legal challenges, but I'm pretty sure that right now they don't directly relate.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

Including the antiwar movies whose commentary they didn't understand

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they've all seen Rambo (and I'm only really talking about the first one.) and thought it was about a manly man shooting people.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Cleretic posted:

I'm nowhere near an expert on American bullshit laws, but isn't the Supreme Court ruling about being fired for being LGBT, and so wouldn't affect the trans healthcare refusals?

I mean, it's definitely a strong thing to pull in legal challenges, but I'm pretty sure that right now they don't directly relate.

Yeah, this ruling only applies to hiring, not to the EO's about healthcare or military, but if (when) those EO's get challenged this ruling can be used as precedent in determining whether or not they are constitutional. So it doesn't overturn them, but does make it much more likely that they will get overturned.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Georgia Peach posted:

For them the military peaked with the My Lai massacre.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Cleretic posted:

The reasoning behind the ruling was incredibly broad. That discriminating against gay and trans individuals was due to their sex, i.e. you wouldn't fire a woman employee if you saw her kiss a man, but if you fired a man who kissed a man, that's because of his sex. This reasoning would cover most kinds of gay/trans discrimination you could think up

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Charlz Guybon posted:

The reasoning behind the ruling was incredibly broad. That discriminating against gay and trans individuals was due to their sex, i.e. you wouldn't fire a woman employee if you saw her kiss a man, but if you fired a man who kissed a man, that's because of his sex. This reasoning would cover most kinds of gay/trans discrimination you could think up

yep. This is a remarkably good and broad ruling from... Neal Gorsuch?

2020 just gets weirder and weirder

Seventyfour
Apr 6, 2009

Beneath the Pavement
The Beach
Coronavirus hospitalization rates rise in some key states notably Texas, Arizona and Florida
https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3856140/posts

quote:

To: SeekAndFind
Virtually no viruses do well in sun and heat, the following seem to be the only logical explanations:

1. Libs in Southern States are Incentivized to falsify numbers

2. Nursing homes are being purposely infected

3. 5G is responsible for this virus
4 posted on 6/16/2020, 11:39:57 AM by Jan_Sobieski (Sanctification)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Seventyfour posted:

Coronavirus hospitalization rates rise in some key states notably Texas, Arizona and Florida
https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3856140/posts

Surely there is no other "logical" explanation.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Freep: Virtually no viruses do well in sun and heat.
Also Freep: Africans and Central Americans bring disease.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm the yellow fever virus, which famously ravaged Canada and Scandinavia for generations

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

To be clear, UV rays are a good way to sterilize surfaces (given enough intensity / enough time) and (autoclave-temperature) heat will certainly kill viruses. It's just that neither will do anything against waterborne particles in the air going from one mouth to another mucous membrane.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Bobulus posted:

To be clear, UV rays are a good way to sterilize surfaces (given enough intensity / enough time) and (autoclave-temperature) heat will certainly kill viruses. It's just that neither will do anything against waterborne particles in the air going from one mouth to another mucous membrane.

it's also that the required intensities and temperatures are uhhh, not great for humans either

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
I went to see if freep had thoughts on the Eagle Scouts backing BLM and making a diversity merit badge, but couldn't find anything.

Instead, I offer this.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Shaddak posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they've all seen Rambo (and I'm only really talking about the first one.) and thought it was about a manly man shooting people.

Second one, where he singlehandedly took out the vietnamese and russian combined forces.

The first one was a PTSD vet incapacitating cops in fun and unique ways.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

I went to see if freep had thoughts on the Eagle Scouts backing BLM and making a diversity merit badge, but couldn't find anything.

Instead, I offer this.

I mean, this better be the second wave, otherwise if the second wave is just starting now in China the US is completely hosed.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

McGlockenshire posted:

Instead, I offer this.

I mean they're right.

You can't have a second wave if the first wave never ended in the first place.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3856448/posts

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

I mean, this better be the second wave, otherwise if the second wave is just starting now in China the US is completely hosed.

It’s not, we just stopped caring about the first wave, and yes, we really are

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

You owe it to yourself* to go check out the replies here. They’re loving mad about syrup :laffo:

*have some liquor ready

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I cant wait until the third wave hits and I can relive the 90s!

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

You owe it to yourself* to go check out the replies here. They’re loving mad about syrup :laffo:

*have some liquor ready

What % of these people do you think either
a) don't consume Aunt Jemimas for racist reasons or
b) do consume Aunt Jemimas, but also for racist reasons (i.e. she's one of the good ones, in her proper place etc..)?

I'm guessing the sum is 100%.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
If your need for old white people impotently raging against the changing of the times isn't fulfilled by Freep, might I suggest giving the Virginia Flaggers a look on Facebook?

Super loving pissed about all the things that are happening, from statues coming down, to the loss of a syrup brand, to just general conservative screeching about... well everything I guess.

The main thing I find is tons of "Democrats are going to find out just how strong we are come November!" posts, right next to ones lamenting "why is no one showing up to protect these monuments?!?!"

I honestly never thought I would see this day. I always kind of hoped, but man, to see it happening...

Also, I want to see the Stone Mountain mural detonated, just to have these kinds of people have their heads explode in turn.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The Dark Project posted:

Also, I want to see the Stone Mountain mural detonated, just to have these kinds of people have their heads explode in turn.

oh god that would be awesome

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I'm from the Pac NW. Visited Stone Mountain a few years ago after a conference downtown and it was just loving creepy. The climbing trail was cool though.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
get ready for rage round 2 tonight

https://twitter.com/WGAL/status/1273342183756771339

e: nevermind, they beat me to it and it's almost at 100 posts

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3856543/posts

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 17, 2020

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
They were prophetic in the Aunt Jemima thread!

quote:

What about Uncle Ben’s converted rice? Uncle Ben appears to be a black man.

6 posted on 6/17/2020, 10:44:19 AM by Dilbert San Diego

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

To: kevcol
First the Indian on Land o lakes butter, then Aunt Jemima, then Uncle Ben, this could be never ending. Why not package everything in a plain box with an agreeable font describing the contents, like RICE, PANCAKE MIX, BUTTER. The assign a number corresponding with the manufacturer as many company names are also problematic and racist, like Apple Computer, Apples are for healthy people and discriminate against unhealthy people and is triggering.

15 posted on 6/17/2020, 2:24:06 PM by 1Old Pro (#openupstateny)

quote:

Christopher Columbus statues pulled down, Gone with the Wind showings suspended by HBO, Cops off the air, Robert E Lee statues beheaded, Uncle Ben soon to be a has been, etc. The left and their media allies need to stop with the hysterical virtue signaling by judging the mores of the past in light of today’s changed values for those values one sanctimoniously espouses today will no doubt be judged and found lacking by others in the future as we constantly evolve.

18 posted on 6/17/2020, 2:24:43 PM by chuckee

:whitewater:

quote:

Good grief. Suddenly rice is racist too?

27 posted on 6/17/2020, 2:29:07 PM by Magnum44 (My comprehensive terrorism plan: Hunt them down and kill them.)

This guy is literally the founder of the company, so I think they are good.

quote:

To: kevcol; MinuteGal
Next: Famous Amos Cookies

34 posted on 6/17/2020, 2:36:49 PM by Peter W. Kessler ("NUTS!!!")

quote:

Change it to Uncle Tom's
At least for one production run

64 posted on 6/17/2020, 3:00:28 PM by MrBambaLaMamba ("It's a lie. It's all lies.")

quote:

To: Secret Agent Man
"Lets take all blacks off all packaging of materials. Lets just do that."
Take them out of all TV commercials too, especially the ones that feature mixed race couples, or a black with white friends, because it's obvious, if a black person is in any commercials that feature other races, then it's obvious they're being oppressed by the white folk in those ads.

68 posted on 6/17/2020, 3:06:03 PM by mass55th ("Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." ~~ John Wayne)

quote:

To: traderrob6
"The bow tie???"
You'd think that would be acceptable. Bow ties are part of the Nation of Islam.

75 posted on 6/17/2020, 3:11:59 PM by mass55th ("Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." ~~ John Wayne)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

To: joshua c
Which I do. It’s a rare thing to ever see a name brand in this house. Cheaper and tastes the same.

I have a 60 page ban list and do just fine not contributing my hard earned dime to them. Walmart is the exception to the rule since that’s about all we have here.

77 posted on 6/17/2020, 3:15:32 PM by bgill

quote:

To: Mudflaps
Rice Krispies can make two of the 3 white dwarfs black, and call them O-Snap, Cracka and Cornpop.

95 posted on 6/17/2020, 3:56:10 PM by Old Yeller (Eternal live matter. Sin is the problem. Jesus is the only answer.)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

To: joshua c
Which I do. It’s a rare thing to ever see a name brand in this house. Cheaper and tastes the same.

I have a 60 page ban list and do just fine not contributing my hard earned dime to them. Walmart is the exception to the rule since that’s about all we have here.

77 posted on 6/17/2020, 3:15:32 PM by bgill

Sweet Christ :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
The thread I pulled this from was the usual racist garbage, but this quote was too funny not to post.

quote:

To: snarkytart
You are right there. If you do defend yourself they will come down on you like a ton of bricks. Like Germany during the 1930s and early 40s with the Jews. Whites today are the American Jews.

40 posted on 6/17/2020, 12:06:20 PM by sport
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]