Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
what about sweet amok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Foehammer007 posted:

what about sweet amok.

He made no mention of having supers or rorquals. Am0k application denied.

Jintozook81
May 14, 2020

There's Always A Bigger Ship...
Lipstick Apathy
How do you get along with people in game when they act like dicks? Obviously the structure of your Corp has to work, and in large corps I don’t see everyone getting along.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jintozook81 posted:

How do you get along with people in game when they act like dicks? Obviously the structure of your Corp has to work, and in large corps I don’t see everyone getting along.

Mute is a wonderful thing. The swarm is big enough that you don't really have to deal with anyone you don't want to. Possible exceptions are in sigs since they tend to be smaller in number of players. 99% of dicks can be avoided and if they escalate to actual goonfucking they get executed sooner or later.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jun 13, 2020

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Carth Dookie posted:

Mute is a wonderful thing. The swarm is big enough that you don't really have to deal with anyone you don't want to. Possible exceptions are in sigs since they tend to be smaller in number of players. 99% of dicks can be avoided and if they escalate to actual goonfucking they get executed sooner or later.

This is true. Assholes are way harder to deal with in small corps than in big ones. Way bigger issue is those guys that won't shut up on comms. Mute helps you avoid them, but you just get long periods of silence punctuated by a couple people politely saying "Yeah" "cool" "nice" "hahaha".

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Eventually an rear end in a top hat comes to the attention of "someone". Then a race to doomsday their rorq or whatever ensues. Or Wibla just appears and does it, etc.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We had another baby 3 weeks ago during the citadel blap fest and I just remembered this thread, took a peep at jeveassets to see if any of the citadels in my reaction system got popped and noticed my net worth fell by 5b

Got real sweaty for a moment until I checked zkill and the asset tree to make sure I didn’t lose all my t2 component bpos and like 30b in goo but I guess goo or supercarriers must be down in value

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
out of the 9 highsec citadels i've killed, i've netted 80 billion. they're all just random citadels in the middle of nowhere dead end system citadels

the most profitable one was 25b, and there were two that had under 10 mil in them, those must have just been locked to anyone being able to dock at them.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

out of the 9 highsec citadels i've killed, i've netted 80 billion. they're all just random citadels in the middle of nowhere dead end system citadels

the most profitable one was 25b, and there were two that had under 10 mil in them, those must have just been locked to anyone being able to dock at them.

Best ones we've found for sure were some free ports. Also goons before they purged some lol, probably not too many good ones left except maybe in some random rear end region

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Is there a way to see if I lost some poo poo, without having to log on?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

We're bringing back the Space AK47's :pcgaming:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dalael posted:

Is there a way to see if I lost some poo poo, without having to log on?

jeveassets or check zkill for lossmails recently

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
The good news with bashing down the blue structures is it seems like most of what dropped was from people that had already left to join other alliances.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Got real sweaty for a moment until I checked zkill and the asset tree to make sure I didn’t lose all my t2 component bpos and like 30b in goo but I guess goo or supercarriers must be down in value
Prices seem to be down across the board, there's widespread deflation. It's probably either a byproduct of the super ratting and wormhole nerfs, the deluge of poo poo hitting the market from exploding citadels, or both.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 14, 2020

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

OneEightHundred posted:

Prices seem to be down across the board, there's widespread deflation. It's probably either a byproduct of the super ratting and wormhole nerfs, the deluge of poo poo hitting the market from exploding citadels, or both.

I put my isk on COVID-19. Old players returning dumping their stuff in Jita to get the isk for their super they always wanted for half the cost of what they used to be. I see stuff getting dumped in buy orders up to 30% or even more below the current market value.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
gotta cash in before ccp shuts this poo poo down

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

OneEightHundred posted:

The good news with bashing down the blue structures is it seems like most of what dropped was from people that had already left to join other alliances.

Yeah, T2 ship prices have fallen 40% in some cases. I'm losing my rear end in production right now.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

Yeah, T2 ship prices have fallen 40% in some cases. I'm losing my rear end in production right now.

You weren't vertically integrated? Tsk.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

OneEightHundred posted:

hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Wibla posted:

You weren't vertically integrated? Tsk.

I buy goo using buy orders and build my own materials, so it's not as bad as it could be. I don't mine my own ore though.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
You guys use a lot of bombers right?

I'm getting onto Bomb manufacturing. Whats the best bomb to make?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

join goonwaffe to mooch the double srp, then join the friends of karmafleet or whatever group to get into the game

bing bing bong best of both worlds

e: if you're already actually good at the game join INIT

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
:2bong: boooooong

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I wish EVE would teleport back to the 2012 or earlier times when it was fun

Haven't played it in I'm not sure how many years at this point, shortly after falcon SRP.

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

e: if you're already actually good at the game join INIT

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
doesn’t KF have significantly better SRP programs?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Don't think so - Waffe gives you double the regular SRP everyone else gets (up to 1b extra) so it applied universally

I think KF has some luxury SRP stuff they handle internally but it's not as extreme as Waffes

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Started an Eve account, then noticed I can get 1M skillpoints for coming in via recruit a friend. Anyone have a RAF referral link they want to share here (or PM) and I'll use it? Probably going to go Omega right away so I think that's 15 days or whatevs. If no one responds in 10-15 minutes I'll google one up.

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 16, 2020

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I, too, expect a reply within 15 minutes on a forum :v:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Replying well within the 15 minute timespan as requested.

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

Vilgan posted:

Started an Eve account, then noticed I can get 1M skillpoints for coming in via recruit a friend. Anyone have a RAF referral link they want to share here (or PM) and I'll use it? Probably going to go Omega right away so I think that's 15 days or whatevs. If no one responds in 10-15 minutes I'll google one up.

Here you go: https://www.eveonline.com/signup?invc=73e5630d-ebfb-4fb0-8dba-6c5b92af93f7

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017
I've got the feeling this is going to get me a 6'er, not requesting one though

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Jibrish tried to explain to me how Waffe double SRP was better one time and it seems like its kind of true most/some of the time? Karmafleet has their own Corp SRP with different figures and different ships. Long and short of it is, we enjoy similar benefits.

If you have recently applied to KF please send me an evemail and Ill see what I can do.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Micromancer posted:

Jibrish tried to explain to me how Waffe double SRP was better one time and it seems like its kind of true most/some of the time? Karmafleet has their own Corp SRP with different figures and different ships. Long and short of it is, we enjoy similar benefits.

If you have recently applied to KF please send me an evemail and Ill see what I can do.

Waffe SRP is only better in theory. In order to collect it would require Waffe members to actually undock and get their ships blown up

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017
So I saw that mobile EVE game while browsing on my phone, which gave me the itch to play actual EVE again. This is probably gonna be a mistake but I'm back.

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017
If you fly with init, Ratting is more dangerous as joining fleets in 99% of the cases. There is a lot of talk about SRP for miners and ratting boats.

The_Milkcat
Jul 25, 2009

BuckFiddy posted:

So I saw that mobile EVE game while browsing on my phone, which gave me the itch to play actual EVE again. This is probably gonna be a mistake but I'm back.

I have this every so often when I open steam, see the blue and spacey stuff from a corner of my eye and the juices start flowing. Is this mobile game a real game or just an app to aid in the EVE Online game? Not very up to date on what CCP Games has been up to for the past years.

Froshty
Dec 8, 2015
I won eve for the past 3 years. Feels like :ccp: has changed a lot of stuff. Worth coming back or same old poo poo?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I got back in if only to save my poo poo and consolidate. It definitely is different yet exactly the same.

Froshty
Dec 8, 2015
yeah that's mostly why I started looking back. Dont want to lose my stuff locked in a citadel with the changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017

The_Milkcat posted:

I have this every so often when I open steam, see the blue and spacey stuff from a corner of my eye and the juices start flowing. Is this mobile game a real game or just an app to aid in the EVE Online game? Not very up to date on what CCP Games has been up to for the past years.

I haven't tried it but from what I can tell it looks like EVE on your phone. I don't think there are capitals right now and some other stuff is missing / different but the whole map is there which is pretty cool. There's a thread for it here in MMO HMO if you're interested, look for EVE Echoes.