Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

starkebn posted:

how do you deal with lantana? just take it out by hand, or do you know of another way of dealing with a place that is absolutely infested with it?

My parents had a couple of acres worth of the poo poo on the propery where I grew up. It is extremely tenacious once it sets in. In order to take it back Dad would

a) Slash it back with a metal blade on the slasher
b) Poison it
c) Burn it off once it had died

There was so much of it, it was basically a losing battle. We'd kill off a couple of dozen square meters and it would come back extremely quickly. poo poo is a loving nightmare when it's established. NSW Weedwise (not as fun as it sounds) has some good info, including methods for various herbicides.

https://weeds.dpi.nsw.gov.au/Weeds/Details/78#:~:text=Cut%20stems%20off%20at%20about,regrows%20vigorously%20from%20untreated%20stems.

e: What a crappy snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Think I've done myself a mischief bogoons

bloke in the flat downstairs had a leak back in feb. i hadnt met the guy but due to the builders needing access to my balcony to fix the leak we got chatting. seemed decent enough of a bloke. he let me in to the car park one time when I forgot my garage swipe tag. repaid the favor with a foil, as is the way (and he mentioned he smoked weed previously)

last friday he asks me if Im home. I was out so I say no. Wanted to buy a stick so I told him when I would be home, said I heard him playing COD and we should have a game. Give him some weed the next day and play some COD. fine.

to cut to the meat of it, I get the impression he has lost his job and hes lying about actually being on LSL. doesnt quite check out because he got a new job in the past 6mo or so (I noticed he got a company car) and his story changed from LSL to 'yeah they told me they needed the ute back because i was off leave for so long, so asked me to resign and they will re-hire me when I want to come back.' I asked if his misso smoked and he said no, never.

later that day asks for some more weed 'later'. I oblige, saying come up when you want some. turns out 'later' is right in the middle of my livestream gig Im enjoying and I am personally about 5 cones deep and enjoying myself. I let him in. turns out he wants to smoke here. ugh.

anyway this dude is in my flat smoking my weed interrupting my live gig. I kind of try and lead him into talking if hes got some poo poo going on cos I like to help people out with that poo poo and he seems like the kind of guy with poo poo mates that wouldnt really be available for that. hes a bit on edge and mentioned his mrs is asleep and he came up to hang out. I suggested that if he has a problem with weed (or she does) im not the best person to be hanging around. I go for an easy let down by saying Im getting an early night as my roster is changing and Im gonna behave for the next few weeks, tafe wrapping up etc. he leaves.

cue this arvo when I get home. he hears me get home and asks to play COD. Im in a game with mates already and tell him to wait and I'll invite. I forget to, and i hear some knocking at the door a few min later. I had headphones on so not 100% sure if it was that or not, but definitely came from the door.

TLDR this guy who isnt really my cup of tea but otherwise OK seems like hes using me to sneak bongs away from his Misso.

I should not be enabling him, right? had I known any of that stuff I wouldnt be offering him weed. Im also conscious of the fact that if hes hiding regular drug use from his fiance then maaaaaaybe you have problems you are not addressing. additionally i dont want to piss this guy off since we are neighbors after all and he seems a bit cagey.

what would goons do?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Outrail posted:

That's a decent chunk of land.

You know what would keep things nice and tidy? A swarm of goats.

And you can eat them when they're done.

Goats, sheep, cattle and deer have all been on the land and none of them will touch the stuff

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Laserface posted:

bloke in the flat downstairs had a leak back in feb. i hadnt met the guy but due to the builders needing access to my balcony to fix the leak we got chatting. seemed decent enough of a bloke. he let me in to the car park one time when I forgot my garage swipe tag. repaid the favor with a foil, as is the way (and he mentioned he smoked weed previously)

last friday he asks me if Im home. I was out so I say no. Wanted to buy a stick so I told him when I would be home, said I heard him playing COD and we should have a game. Give him some weed the next day and play some COD. fine.

to cut to the meat of it, I get the impression he has lost his job and hes lying about actually being on LSL. doesnt quite check out because he got a new job in the past 6mo or so (I noticed he got a company car) and his story changed from LSL to 'yeah they told me they needed the ute back because i was off leave for so long, so asked me to resign and they will re-hire me when I want to come back.' I asked if his misso smoked and he said no, never.

later that day asks for some more weed 'later'. I oblige, saying come up when you want some. turns out 'later' is right in the middle of my livestream gig Im enjoying and I am personally about 5 cones deep and enjoying myself. I let him in. turns out he wants to smoke here. ugh.

anyway this dude is in my flat smoking my weed interrupting my live gig. I kind of try and lead him into talking if hes got some poo poo going on cos I like to help people out with that poo poo and he seems like the kind of guy with poo poo mates that wouldnt really be available for that. hes a bit on edge and mentioned his mrs is asleep and he came up to hang out. I suggested that if he has a problem with weed (or she does) im not the best person to be hanging around. I go for an easy let down by saying Im getting an early night as my roster is changing and Im gonna behave for the next few weeks, tafe wrapping up etc. he leaves.

cue this arvo when I get home. he hears me get home and asks to play COD. Im in a game with mates already and tell him to wait and I'll invite. I forget to, and i hear some knocking at the door a few min later. I had headphones on so not 100% sure if it was that or not, but definitely came from the door.

TLDR this guy who isnt really my cup of tea but otherwise OK seems like hes using me to sneak bongs away from his Misso.

I should not be enabling him, right? had I known any of that stuff I wouldnt be offering him weed. Im also conscious of the fact that if hes hiding regular drug use from his fiance then maaaaaaybe you have problems you are not addressing. additionally i dont want to piss this guy off since we are neighbors after all and he seems a bit cagey.

what would goons do?

Find a new place to live. Only option.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Let him come over but only if he posts on the forums. Show his posts to his fiance. The perfect spiders web. Or just smoke bongs with the dude

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Let him come over but only if he posts on the forums. Show his posts to his fiance. The perfect spiders web. Or just smoke bongs with the dude

Id smoke bongs with the dude if I a) smoked bongs and b) enjoyed smoking bongs with other people.

he also wears a hat indoors at night so yeah I reckon hes a pedophile.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

give a man weed more than once and he becomes accustomed to it and just expects you to be his weed source, it happened to me in regards to my brother and it always just seemed easier to acquiesce than to tell him to get hosed. Its tough because after you smoke some weed the last thing you wanna do is be aggressive in telling a guy to gently caress off and get his own.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It sounds like you want us to tell you to do what will make you happy but can I recommend doing the exact opposite and documenting it in real time

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Laserface posted:

Yup, you just might be fucken hooped here matey.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Laserface posted:

what would goons do?

move house immediately

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

BurgerQuest posted:

move house immediately

This and also set fire to the building when you leave.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
that's a handsome av burger q.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Build a new house not up to code and move him into it

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

gently caress his misso

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

give a man weed more than once and he becomes accustomed to it and just expects you to be his weed source, it happened to me in regards to my brother and it always just seemed easier to acquiesce than to tell him to get hosed. Its tough because after you smoke some weed the last thing you wanna do is be aggressive in telling a guy to gently caress off and get his own.

yeah i gotta put my foot down on this because while vaping is efficient (uses way less and it can be reused to make edibles) smoking it is not. I generally share weed with mates on my vape or for a doobie gratis but smoking cones is off the menu.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It sounds like you want us to tell you to do what will make you happy but can I recommend doing the exact opposite and documenting it in real time

I enjoy your posts a lot and consider you to be a cool dude so Im considering it. Ive already made several poor decisions wrt this bloke so why not pile some on?

BurgerQuest posted:

move house immediately

basically what everyone i have told has said.

Airstream Driver posted:

gently caress his misso
shes not my type and I want to de-escalate, not escalate.

my friend suggested coming onto him to scare him off but its 2020 so I'd probably end up getting my rear end eaten as payment for all the weed hes smoked.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Laserface posted:

my friend suggested coming onto him to scare him off but its 2020 so I'd probably end up getting my rear end eaten as payment for all the weed hes smoked.

This is a mental image I needed

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Laserface posted:

Nothing wrong with that hey.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

ili posted:

Nothing wrong with that hey.

I mean no, there isn't, but also there absolutely is.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
what's worse? lantana or cone blowflys

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

starkebn posted:

Goats, sheep, cattle and deer have all been on the land and none of them will touch the stuff

Lantana is highly toxic.

Laserface posted:

what would goons do?

Plant some Lantana in his house.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
pack him a couple of lantana cones

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Go over to his house and get his missus stoned on edibles.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

i was going to suggest inviting his wife over to smoke lol

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

just seduce the wife tbh

ili
Jul 26, 2003

It's a shame NVJ was banned, for he'd surely know what to do.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

ili posted:

We really need to get some "WWNVJD" bracelets made up.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

anti-magic posted:

We really need to get some "WWNVJD" bracelets made up.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Plant blackberries to strangle the lantana then release goats to deal with the blackberries. Then release panthers to deal with the goats.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I actually tried that lmao. Blackberries are crazy expensive and take heaps of water to get going comparatively so it didn't work out and they actually just got choked out by the Lantana

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Could be a lazy poo poo and put down carpet/plastic in patches. After a few years everything is dead and you can put down a bulk of native seeds and hope they establish first.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Laserface posted:

what would goons do?

Don't just drop what you are doing to give away cones whenever someone rocks up or they'll keep rocking up. Be explicit and about when you are available and how long for. Drop some barriers and make it a little harder than just knocking on your door, tell em they gotta come back in 2 hours, or tommorow, or whatever. That way they cant rely on getting a smoke from you and using your place to hang out, they gotta actually put some thought into coming round.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
First thing you learn is that you always gotta wait

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

it is curious how drug dealers business model is almost in complete contradiction to every other business yet still so hugely successful.

I guess it goes to show that good products absolutely absolve poor customer service.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ili posted:

yeah he'd keep pestering OP and lyin to his partner lmao

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

well why not posted:

yeah he'd keep pestering OP and lyin to his partner lmao

haha

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Jestery posted:

This is a mental image I needed

I've met laserface so I can paint a good picture of that for you if you want

Laserface posted:

I guess it goes to show that good products absolutely absolve poor customer service.

Absofucking lutely

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
nvjs aura has bits of peas and carrots in it

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

tardwrangler posted:

nvjs aura has bits of peas and carrots in it

NVJ's aura is a bright turmeric yellow and smells like toasted peanuts

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NVJ championed turmeric flavour Faygo to appeal to a wider demographic but was turned down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The plumber tells me he needs to dig a trench to put a second toilet in and it'll be nearly a grands worth of labour but it's not that much work if I want to do it myself and I start shadow boxing immediately