Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Alan Smithee posted:

We won’t achieve true cyberpunk until people open carry railguns in disney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Alan Smithee posted:

We won’t achieve true cyberpunk until people open carry railguns in disney

Fredflonston
Jan 29, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

the city is built on limestone, and limestone is good for making strong prison walls.

this strikes me as maybe not the main reason to build a prison but I wouldn't be surprised seeing as Texas is underlain by a poo poo load of limestone.

edit: But it doesn't explain the multitude of prisons in NY state

Fredflonston fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jun 15, 2020

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fredflonston posted:

this strikes me as maybe not the main reason to build a prison but I wouldn't be surprised seeing as Texas is underlain by a poo poo load of limestone.

edit: But it doesn't explain the multitude of prisons in NY state

NY state has been one of the most populous, if not the most populous state since the 18th century so yeah they needed lots of prisons to send people up the river to

Fredflonston
Jan 29, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

NY state has been one of the most populous, if not the most populous state since the 18th century so yeah they needed lots of prisons to send people up the river to

Right. My point is it doesn't have that much to do with limestone. Eastern State was built out of metamorphics.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

people with the super power of turning into other things?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fredflonston posted:

this strikes me as maybe not the main reason to build a prison

the first high-security prison in canada, the kingston penitentiary, was built in the 1830s. for obvious reasons, in those days it was especially helpful to build something like a prison very close to wherever you quarried the stone.

wikipedia says "the site was chosen for "combining the advantages of perfect salubrity, ready access to the water, and abundant quantities of fine limestone."

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:nws:old game cover

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lady had modesty-covering steel nip covers in the UK press version

also much higher-quality original art here:

https://nmpositive.tumblr.com/post/177421615961/brokensword-game-over-art-by-luis-royo-and

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lady had modesty-covering steel nip covers in the UK press version

also much higher-quality original art here:

https://nmpositive.tumblr.com/post/177421615961/brokensword-game-over-art-by-luis-royo-and

excellent

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

that image was also the cover of heavy metal back in the day

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
anyone got some 80's cyberpunk af wallpapers? I'm 90 percent done with the 80's corner of my office and i need to tie it all together with something on my very modern monitors.

heres something that is not an 80's cyberpunk wallpaper.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

oh poo poo they made the jacket from Pattern Recognition

https://hypebeast.com/2017/11/william-gibson-buzz-rickson-l-2b-jacket

street doc
Feb 20, 2019

Still waiting for the titanium laptop.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

street doc posted:

I have one of those lasercut printed wooden stickers on my laptop. I like it a lot, even if it didn't help with the cpu heat

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/bkailkhu/status/1272619636710752256

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

felid-19

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

street doc posted:

isnt her laptop implied to be the titanium powerbook? i was going to make a quip but then i remembered some throw away line about the single button and it was titanium at the time the book was written

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
in pattern recognition cayce deffo owns a mac, so yeah it's the Ti powerbook

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

oh yeah and i found that after reading this mini interview with him which contains the most Gibson sentence:

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2020/jun/16/william-gibson-im-always-striving-not-to-be-noticed

quote:

My interest in clothing is very peculiar. I couldn’t tell you what’s in fashion this season, but, during lockdown, I passed the time by working out my size in various European countries’ military fatigues, which took an incredible amount of Googling and asking other people to measure their trousers. That’s my level of interest. I’m just a very nerdy guy.

which unironically owns

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I love the look of the ACRONYM stuff but gently caress you need to be a big-selling author to afford it :o:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I love the look of the ACRONYM stuff but gently caress you need to be a big-selling author to afford it :o:

big same

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

oh yeah and i found that after reading this mini interview with him which contains the most Gibson sentence:

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2020/jun/16/william-gibson-im-always-striving-not-to-be-noticed

which unironically owns

lol thats awesome and very very much gibson

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah lol at that pricing

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1272726183226957824?s=20

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

dude, a robot is gonna gently caress your girl

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

just work out at home ffs

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
"To join our gym you must become one of the pod people"

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKuIOkrvXIw

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Improbable Lobster posted:

just work out at home ffs

some people don’t live in mcmansions with home gyms and have to actually consider whether what they’re doing is disturbing to neighbors they share a wall or floor with

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

carry on then posted:

some people don’t live in mcmansions with home gyms and have to actually consider whether what they’re doing is disturbing to neighbors they share a wall or floor with

that doesn't change that there's a pandemic happening

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

carry on then posted:

they should move then

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
please don't get or spread covid19 because you don't want to go out for a jog

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
pushups at home?

look bud, this physique requires thousands of dollars of specialized equipment to maintain.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i gotta get the gear!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

i gotta get the gear!

over the last week cjs has cycled between fancy bicycles, fancy cameras, and fancy razors

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

add modular weights. i got a set from my brother as a gift years ago and theyre good and compact enough for apartment living. they go up to 45 lbs. which is fine for free weight exercises

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

in the cyberpunk present my beefy bod requires i pay hundreds in maintenance fees every month or it will melt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Agile Vector posted:

add modular weights. i got a set from my brother as a gift years ago and theyre good and compact enough for apartment living. they go up to 45 lbs. which is fine for free weight exercises

have you looked at what these cost in the middle of a pandemic