Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
You just know if they make another samurai and ninja block these days Jace will end up being the the first non native character to be accepted into the samurai caste or some awful poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

TheKingofSprings posted:

This seems like a good and appropriate time to ask you about how not being a loving rear end in a top hat on the road is just like being a Jew at a Nazi gathering because you cannot understand how to not be a loving rear end in a top hat and when people treat you like you're a loving rear end in a top hat that is just like genocide.

Is calling you a loving rear end in a top hat for this dumbass statement about a guy with no power or authority getting punched in the face by a douchebag comparable to genocide, PleasantDirge?

Idk, that red text is more about how I have more empathy for criminals on motorized transportation than rich dipshits in expensive SUV's than the fact that I sometimes use clumsy metaphor but if you are so up my rear end you can go read all my posts and report back here how mean I am because we DO have some new ppl I haven't yelled at yet

Seriously, I asked a reasonable question about how I remembered a second/third hand story about something and asked for clarification, what did your wife say No to tonight bruh? Trick question, nobody cares and don't take it out on me

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 16, 2020

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I guess ninjas and samurai in warring states period (?) isn't too bad of a take on Fantasy Japan but I'd rather see folktale inspired stuff with woodblock print on premium cards. I'm talking tanuki planeswalker with giant loving balls. Cmon wotc, you cowards.

Getting alt-art woodblock/silk screen cards would rule, so do it wotc

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You just know if they make another samurai and ninja block these days Jace will end up being the the first non native character to be accepted into the samurai caste or some awful poo poo.

The Jaced Samurai

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

GoutPatrol posted:

Getting alt-art woodblock/silk screen cards would rule, so do it wotc

Now I'm sad as this wont happen. :(

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Bugsy posted:

Now I'm sad as this wont happen. :(

A card with ukiyo-e art titled great wave off kamigawa is probably a little too cute?

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Ikoria having three characters with cards called Lutri, Lurrus and Lukka was way more confusing to me than anything I remember from Kamigawa to be honest; trying to keep everyone’s name straight this set has been harder for me than I remember it ever being in the past.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Cactrot posted:

A card with ukiyo-e art titled great wave off kamigawa is probably a little too cute?

This would make me buy skins on MTGA

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Samurai are the cops of ancient japan, anyone that likes them is a facist

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Paul Zuvella posted:

If you don't like fascists I have some bad news about japan

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

vegetables posted:

Ikoria having three characters with cards called Lutri, Lurrus and Lukka was way more confusing to me than anything I remember from Kamigawa to be honest; trying to keep everyone’s name straight this set has been harder for me than I remember it ever being in the past.

It took me a long-rear end time to realize people weren’t talking about pairing lurrus with agent of treachery.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

vegetables posted:

I was trying to get Arena to run using the Lutris games for linux system. That made the names even more confusing, especially with google autocompletes.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Paul Zuvella posted:

If samurai are fascist then I will airbrush a thin blue line punisher skull on my .

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Cactrot posted:

I never realized until now how badly I need full art ukiyo-e basics. It'd be worth the $600 it'd cost me in Secret Lairs but Wizards would gently caress it up by making them foil.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

No Wave posted:

From reddit, this is the only third party I've seen who claimed to be there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/cvil9v/amaz_dqd_from_gp_vegas/

What exactly is a floor check here because googling says it's knocking them down and stomping on their face? Which would presumably have at least a police report.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kild posted:

What exactly is a floor check here because googling says it's knocking them down and stomping on their face? Which would presumably have at least a police report.

Like in hockey, knocking into someone with your shoulder.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s also lovely because WotC doesn’t employ the judges, the TOs do, so even if the Judge has been injured or whatever, WotC wouldn’t have their back or support them in anyway.

Amas sucks and has a terrible attitude, they shouldn’t court someone with that attitude or ego for their game.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

evilweasel posted:

Like in hockey, knocking into someone with your shoulder.

That's just a shoulder check? lol

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think the guy means "forecheck" which google says is a defensive strategy and not specifically running into a guy, but the strategy looks like it involves a lot of running into guys straight on.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Samurai took over Japan for an extended period of time because they were the military and the landowners and the Emperor let them because he had neither military or land and they allowed him to keep his title and cushy benefits.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kild posted:

That's just a shoulder check? lol

I know its a shock, but a lot of Magic players aren't the best when it some to sports terminology.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ikoriamigawa: Behemoths vs. Titans

After [insert planeswalker fuckery here, Teferi is probably involved somehow], the planes of Kamigawa and Ikoria collide. After this cataclysmic event, each of the plane's human populations are threatened with extinction. Beasts and spirits intermix to form new, twisted horrors. With no other options, the humans of Kamigawa and Ikoria form an allegiance. Harnessing the Kamigawan's knowledge of the arcane and the Ikorian's knowledge of the energy crystals, they forge a new weapon: enormous mecha called Titans. With this new tech, the humans can now even the playing field in their fight for survival.

Hire me wizards.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
full set is up
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/core-set-2021?dadoy

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Ha ha ha ha no fuckin’ way lmao

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

drat. Green really can do anything it wants these days, can't it?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

axeil posted:

Off the top of my head it can't get a flat out "destroy creature" effect without black involved but other than that...

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

axeil posted:

oh no 2 mana adventurous impulse

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Is that goblin farting fire?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axeil posted:

It's pretty classic green afaik. "Look at X top cards if your library and put a creature/land into your hand" at common is something they've been doing for ages. Adventurous Impulse in Ikoria, Once Upon a Time in Eldraine, etc.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
That Epiphany card seems like something that would be the Funky Rare Cycle of the set, but nope it's just one card

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Sickening posted:

What else would a Goblin Wizard do?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Double raise dead could be mildly relevant for the Gain 3 Life deck

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
And the award to the best name of the set goes to:

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Sickening posted:

"Expecto Patronass"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Brownhat posted:

"Expecto Patronass"

Expecto petrobras? Petrolass?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Pretty sure it’s got a wand there, now tell me if it’s using it’s hand or a comically oversized dong to hold it

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Crash Through is in the set hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Sickening posted:

I know people say this all the time, but I would be delighted for this to be the new thread title.

As for the card, prowess seems pretty good in this set. It’ll be fun in limited for sure, but I’m not sure if there’s enough for it to be good enough in standard again.