Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
https://twitter.com/BlueYoungLabour/status/1272908903609753601

This is going to be a pro follow account imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
That, and the fact that their handle isn't the same as their display name, screams parody account to me

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Sad now that this is probably not real.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
can we put Darren Grimes on thread moratorium like we did with Weetman

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Noxville posted:

Sad now that this is probably not real.

This one and the last half a dozen tweets have completely blown their cover sadly

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Prince John posted:

The Mirror has coverage here of him raising it in Parliament: link when the Tories first confirmed they were definitely scrapping it.

His twitter timeline has tons of posts and retweets about it, including supporting Rashford's letter.

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1272495560898097152

Here's a video of him raising it during PMQs a week ago:
https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1272186533131493376

Here's a link to Labour's campaign on the topic:
https://action.labour.org.uk/page/content/holidays-without-hunger

Oh, and he felt it was an important enough a topic to burn one of their limited number Opposition Day debates on the subject. I suspect the prospect of having to sit through a debate today, in combination with all the publicity caused by Rashford's appeal, was a factor in the government deciding to cave in to avoid an entire day of humiliation in parliament.

So he's tweeted about it, he's raised questions directly in PMQs, he's used the party's parliamentary time to force a debate on the issue, and the party started a petition campaign on the topic, which he supported - this isn't "doing gently caress all and not mentioning it".

I'm getting flashbacks to when Corbyn was in charge, and all the blue ticks were saying "where is Corbyn on <insert topic here>???!" and we were all sitting ITT and saying "he's been talking about this all week".
Can we please have a little perspective on how terrible Keir Starmer is? He is, unsurprisingly, not in favour of starving children this summer.

Come on, no one in this thread gives a poo poo what Kier has or hasn't actually done, just what they think he might have done in their own headcanon.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
will from the Inbetweeners weighs in on the culture war

https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1272646001548038145?s=20

tbf Johnson has been generally balanced, on the one hand he is deliberately stoking the narrative that led to nazi marches on the streets of London, but on the other, he hasn't been caught using a racial slur in public recently

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Aramoro posted:

Come on, no one in this thread gives a poo poo what Kier has or hasn't actually done, just what they think he might have done in their own headcanon.

I give a poo poo what he's done, this was good, refusing to stick up for trans people is bad, tacitly supporting proposals to lock people up for 10 years for desecrating a war memorial is bad, not immediately suspending the memberships of people credibly accused of racism/sabotage is bad

like if he does good things then that's good, but he probably doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from most people itt because he has been mostly poo poo

e: condemning people getting rid of a statue to a slave trader was also bad

I would be genuinely interested if people posted more good things that labour is actually doing because it's a bit depressing all the crap things they're doing

XMNN fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 16, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

XMNN posted:

will from the Inbetweeners weighs in on the culture war

https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1272646001548038145?s=20

quote:

While senior Conservatives agree that tackling racism should be a priority for the government, many in the party believe that elements of the British BLM movement are making unreasonable “far-left” demands such as defunding the police.
hahahahahahahahaha gently caress me

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
https://twitter.com/georgemonbiot/status/1272624965569916928?s=21

Does anyone know more about or have links to any articles about the Revolutionary Communist Party? This thread has made me want to jump down whatever horrible rabbit hole (conspiracy theory or not) is behind this bunch of bastards.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
That's particularly grimly ironic because unlike America, the U.K. actually did austerity the gently caress out of its police force.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Dear god Boris can gently caress off.

"Prime Minsiter, why did you have to be embaressed by a footballer before you'll feed kids?"
"Well feeding kids is great, and I congratulate him on his achievements (in embaressing us)"

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

If only Jo Swinson™'s Liberal Democrats™© had won

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

vodkat posted:

Does anyone know more about or have links to any articles about the Revolutionary Communist Party? This thread has made me want to jump down whatever horrible rabbit hole (conspiracy theory or not) is behind this bunch of bastards.
This is a pretty good one, along with RCP Watch if you fancy going down some rabbit holes.

Due to the incestuous nature of the British media landscape, you keep seeing the same bunch of furedi's furry fucks popping up everywhere, even in decent things like the British Pregnancy Advisory Service and Sense about Science.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

vodkat posted:

I'm sure "We don't talk about the weather" podcast did a good one on Spiked and such - but I can't find the episode number now :s

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

vodkat posted:

https://twitter.com/GeorgeMonbiot/status/1272771813811068928?s=20

I'm always surprised they still let monbiot write things

although I suppose he falls into the Owen Jones category of providing a figleaf of balance

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Wow, the Torygraph is loving the person appointed to head the enquiry:

quote:

Munira Mirza is the bigoted Left's worst nightmare

The No 10 adviser tasked with a new racial equality commission refuses to bend to identity politics

The new government commission on racial inequalities, set up by the Head of the Number 10 Policy Unit, Munira Mirza, is coming under fire from “progressive anti-racists” who are interested in neither social progress nor fighting all forms of racism.

Mirza has previously criticised the politics of grievance, which acts as a barrier to meaningful policy change on issues of race and ethnicity. Radical leftist figures, in predictable fashion, have wasted little time in directing racially charged slurs towards her. Novara Media’s Ash Sarkar has labelled Mirza as a “racial gatekeeper” – a term used for non-white people who supposedly provide “political cover” for perceived injustices based on race.

Arguably one of the most toxic voices in Britain’s race relations debate, Dr. Shola Mos-Shogbamimu, has called Mirza a “brown executioner” of “white supremacy”. The acceptance and normalisation of the most egregious forms of racism from Left-wing social activists, reinforced by identitarian academics operating in Britain’s universities, is a worrying development to say the least.

Debates on race-related matters and ethnic inequalities are being infected by the virus of tribal identity politics. Radical Leftist figures – in the spheres of politics, academic, media, and policy – are intent on framing every single racial inequality as a direct outcome of structural racism. This includes the disproportionate impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the UK’s ethnic minorities, where myriad potential factors may be at play – including lifestyle choices and genetics.

While there is a serious discussion to be had on enduring forms of racial discrimination in the UK’s labour market, the creation of socio-economic ethnic inequalities is a complex phenomenon. Mirza’s role has ruffled feathers because she will not shy away from delving into politically sensitive territory. This includes exploring the role of internal religio-cultural norms and social behaviours in the production of socio-economic disparities between British ethnic groups.

This is deeply unsettling for Leftist ideologues who refuse to acknowledge the possibility that family dynamics, lack of female empowerment, and a general failure to cultivate aspirational attitudes in the household may be holding back the progress of certain non-white communities in the UK. The debate on race relations and ethnic inequalities must not be hijacked by extreme-Left ideologues who are not only uninterested in holding level-headed discussions, but are directly complicit in one of the most dehumanising forms of racism: that an individual must think a certain way on a range of social, economic, and cultural issues, purely on the grounds of their racial identity.

A notable number of self-labelled “anti-racists” do not truly prioritise ethnic-minority advancement, nor the empowerment of marginalised sections within non-white communities. Unfortunately, a growing number on the Left are ultimately obsessed with framing British society as a white-supremacist superstructure, and locking non-white people under a perpetual state of victimhood. There really is no surprise that Mirza is being subjected to racially motivated attacks from this dangerous political cult. A successful working-class Northern woman of Pakistani Muslim origin, who refuses to tow the identitarian line, is the radical Left’s worst nightmare.

Dr Rakib Ehsan is a research fellow at the Henry Jackson Society.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Prince John posted:

A lotta words to say "no u"

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Prince John posted:

lol this guy also writes for Spiked!

There's a circuit of rightwing psychos all paid to defend each others careers in the newspapers.

And then there's this smaller circuit of people doing the same thing.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Only just dawned on me that the name "Spiked" is probably using it in the sense that a news story that gets pulled by the editor is said to be "spiked". Literally "the stories they tried to censor" brag. Which is hilariously pathetic.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
the left are the real racists for judging people by the content of their character and not the colour of their skin smdh

e: I do have to admire the brass neck involved in slamming the left for their "identity politics" whilst simultaneously responding to people saying "hmmm these articles on racism have some dubious opinions on racism in them" with "but have you considered that she's from an ethnic minority, checkmate liebarals"

XMNN fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 16, 2020

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Prince John posted:

Torygraph article posted:

Dr Rakib Ehsan is a research fellow at the Henry Jackson Society.

Huh, wonder what this group are about...

... Oh.

Henry Jackson Society Wikipedia's page posted:

Co-founder Matthew Jamison wrote in 2017 that he was ashamed of his involvement, having never imagined the Henry Jackson Society "would become a far-right, deeply anti-Muslim racist [...] propaganda outfit to smear other cultures, religions and ethnic groups", further relating that: "The HJS for many years has relentlessly demonised Muslims and Islam".

Thumping good source, a think tank that one of the original founders is deeply ashamed for having a hand in.

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 16, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hello I'm Dr. Piss Shitter from the Nuke Vietnam Guy Society and I say have you considered that rather than systemic racism existing, maybe the blacks don't wash and live 20 to a house because of genetics.

Thank you for your very Not Racist time.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

DeadButDelicious posted:

Huh, wonder what this group are about...

... Oh.

Thumping good source, a think tank that one of the original founders is deeply ashamed for having a hand in.

It's also worth remembering who they are named after. Henry "Scoop" Jackson was a Democrat Senator from Washington from the 50s until his death in 1983. He was a rabid Cold Warrior who moaned that Eisenhower wasn't spending enough on national defence, opposed the SALT missile treaty, had on his staff & various points noted Bush era nightmares Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz & Bill Kristol, oh yeah and was a big proponent of Japanese-American internment during WW2 & after the war supported attempts to try & restrict them from returning to their homes on the Pacific coast. Some guy.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

quote:

The debate on race relations and ethnic inequalities must not be hijacked by extreme-Left ideologues who are not only uninterested in holding level-headed discussions, but are directly complicit in one of the most dehumanising forms of racism: that an individual must think a certain way on a range of social, economic, and cultural issues, purely on the grounds of their racial identity.

Have you considered, black people, that your opinion of the cops strangling you might be biased by Leftist brainwashing? :smuggo:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
one of the reasons brendan o'neill and tom harwood are constantly on the bbc is that they have absolutely nothing else going on in their lives so are always available and producers know this

not defending it just pointing out their lives are loving miserable cos nobody likes them lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

Henry "Scoop" Jackson

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

I feel like that would make a horrific mess.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Nature pics? Nature pics.

Remember to get ready to surf a second wave cool comrades

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I feel like that would make a horrific mess.
Much like Viet Nam, eh Henry?

it is a topical political burn :coolspot:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Jose posted:

one of the reasons brendan o'neill and tom harwood are constantly on the bbc is that they have absolutely nothing else going on in their lives so are always available and producers know this

not defending it just pointing out their lives are loving miserable cos nobody likes them lol

Obligatory reminder that Tom Harwood could only persuade 35 out of 1,200 of his peers at the NUS conference to vote for him.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
That fake Rashford tweet reply to KTH is doing the rounds now on FB in the form of an image. I see the parody account has changed its twitter handle now but obviously that won't change in the screenshots.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

That fake Rashford tweet reply to KTH is doing the rounds now on FB in the form of an image. I see the parody account has changed its twitter handle now but obviously that won't change in the screenshots.

Solemnly, he'll have to tweet it for real.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

this on the other hand is legit

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

gently caress, I just got reminded that Cummings seemed to be on the verge of being fired, what, a week ago? And it's just gone, completely. This loving year.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

gently caress, I just got reminded that Cummings seemed to be on the verge of being fired, what, a week ago? And it's just gone, completely. This loving year.

Nothing ever happens to the tories - whether they confess to drug taking, taking bungs from property developers, lying to Brenda, illegally pro-roguing parliament. They operate with complete impunity.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Time is a gently caress

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Unbelievable! Spaffer is the world's biggest liar.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1272926918418092037?s=20

Fun thread:

https://twitter.com/judeinlondon2/status/1272864031263657984?s=20

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 16, 2020

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
It's not that unbelievable really, I only heard of it from the letter that he published yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

peanut- posted:

It's not that unbelievable really, I only heard of it from the letter that he published yesterday.

You're also (hopefully) not the Prime Minister.