Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

I wake up in a cold sweat my phone in my hand this post already typed and my thumb hovering over post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

same

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I've been awake for two hours already. Frick.

alnilam

Yesterday one of my best friends came over and helped me load our 8x8x16 moving container.

The back wall was our finest tetris work. We got an Ikea® Kivik™ sectional loveseat and chaise lounge combo, an Ikea® Himmene™ fold out couch bed, 2 full mattresses, 1 full box spring, a crib and crib mattress, 3 rugs, and all the big rear end cushions for the couches into one solid back wall, full height and width and about 2 ft thick. We even stuffed pillows into the empty space inside the armrests of the couch. There was zero airspace left. We were so drat proud of that wall.

We did some pretty wild tetris with a table chairs a swinging bench and some boxes too but nothing topped the back wall

We also ended up with a big rocking nursing chair kind of floating on its side tied up above the dresser (whose drawers were of course full of stuff)

I'm very proud of our work and also exhausted. Also the trucker's hitch is such a good knot.

ty manifisto

City of Glompton

good job alnilam! how is bebe feeling about everything getting moved around?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

take the moon

by sebmojo
byob the bright, brightest shine

is my shine

just fyi

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

City of Glompton posted:

good job alnilam! how is bebe feeling about everything getting moved around?

She keeps saying "uh ohhh!" when she sees stuff moved and it's pretty funny cause she's clearly not upset just trying to alert us that something's different.

The funniest was when she saw me carrying her disassembled crib downstairs and recognized it and said uh ohhhh like hey my bed's broken!!

City of Glompton

awwww :3:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

She keeps saying "uh ohhh!" when she sees stuff moved and it's pretty funny cause she's clearly not upset just trying to alert us that something's different.

The funniest was when she saw me carrying her disassembled crib downstairs and recognized it and said uh ohhhh like hey my bed's broken!!

Did the baby get a job in Oregon yet

Is she going to be the head of Oregoons

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

alnilam posted:

Also the trucker's hitch is such a good knot.

Good song too.

Moving sux

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

alnilam

lmao that's the what does the fox say guy right

This video is excellent it speaks to me as a knot geek

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

aw my god that is so :shobon:

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

congrats on the move, sure is exhausting

i am in the process of selling/donating stuff so we can even think about moving and let me tell you...

i do like the tetris aspect of packing things

and my 3 year old has overheard me so much he's cracking me up pointing at various things in the house shouting "ok you can donate this one!"

also good mangos orbs and aww crap i didnt center my tags oh well

how's your day?

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

biosterous

orbs hi, orbs hello, the weather is very good and i will read a book outside

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

http://www.apnews.com/6ad082f5ec2b2761cd7ec02dfd34aa5a/

:butt::gas::siren:

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Manifisto

f12

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Choose posting. Choose the YOB. Choose a thread. Choose a weed strain. Choose a loving big diarama. Choose empty quoting, 5ing, dick sucking trolly bots and a fully sexual snail with human titties... Choose butts and wondering who you will be posting with on a Wednesday morning. Choose chilling on the web watching mind-blowing, comedy gold threads, posting pics of the food you put into your mouth. Choose relaxing away in the end of it all, posting your last in a dead gay forum, nothing more than a postin' pal to the members and shy, cute lurkers who must post before BYOB is deleted on Tuesday, choose your future. Choose posting...

Ass-penny

Good Tuesday, all. I just woke up, it is hot and humid, and I am already way not interested in doing the things.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I so rarely get so see my favorite smily anymore!

Also wear close toed shoes around horses and other livestock/large sheets of glass/construction sites!

^^^ strong agree

Least favorite injuries ive had are fingernail/toenail related.

When I worked in a brewery, I went to move around some kegs at the end of the day. I had changed from boots to flip flops. Went to slide a keg towards me but it had a rubber base, so it just tilted toward me. Then the rubber base slipped, the base of the keg hit my big toe, and it flipped up the toenail like a car hood opening :cry:

Escape From Noise

Going through the BYOB gold mine I was surprised at how many threads I still remember we're only one or two pages. I laughed so much at them I thought they were longer. Quality!

wearing a lampshade

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Going through the BYOB gold mine I was surprised at how many threads I still remember we're only one or two pages. I laughed so much at them I thought they were longer. Quality!

All killer no filler, sum 41

Ass-penny

albany academy posted:

All killer no filler, sum 41

:hmmyes:

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Goons Are Great posted:

Can someone explain me how olives work?
I just can't get a good result out of it, no matter how many I try

Try putting them in stuff so they compliment the flavor. Green Olives on extra cheese pizza is god tier. Black olives on pizza (and in general) is like the 100 level intro class to olives. Olives on cheeseburgers is great. Pasta salads are great too for green and kalamata olives. If pasta salad isn't a thing in ye olde Deutschland, google for American Midwest country mom blogs and you'll have more recipes than you can handle (ignore any with raisins.)
When you're ready to eat them on their own, start by rolling them in a paper towel to take off some of the intensity. Soon enough you'll be binging green olives stuffed with blue cheese straight from the jar.
Martini's with olives that were toweled off first are great. Dirty martinis are abhorrent. Don't @me.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Try putting them in stuff so they compliment the flavor. Green Olives on extra cheese pizza is god tier. Black olives on pizza (and in general) is like the 100 level intro class to olives. Olives on cheeseburgers is great. Pasta salads are great too for green and kalamata olives. If pasta salad isn't a thing in ye olde Deutschland, google for American Midwest country mom blogs and you'll have more recipes than you can handle (ignore any with raisins.)
When you're ready to eat them on their own, start by rolling them in a paper towel to take off some of the intensity. Soon enough you'll be binging green olives stuffed with blue cheese straight from the jar.
Martini's with olives that were toweled off first are great. Dirty martinis are abhorrent. Don't @me.

*adds a bit of gin and vermouth to the full olive jar* it's called a FILTHY martini!

Escape From Noise

I love kalamata olives. I miss them so much.

Stooge

Afternoon BYOB. I'm making 100 garlic curry. Well, 83 to be precise.

Lockdown has driven me to this. Send help.

Pahilla the Hun

rear end-penny posted:

Good Tuesday, all. I just woke up, it is hot and humid, and I am already way not interested in doing the things.

i just wanted to stay in bed and post, from bed, and watch an old movie with pals

thanks nesamdoom!!

Pahilla the Hun

Stooge posted:

Afternoon BYOB. I'm making 100 garlic curry. Well, 83 to be precise.

Lockdown has driven me to this. Send help.

i love your sig and new av

thanks nesamdoom!!

Manifisto

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

:hai: I like olives on their own but had to work up to that. I like the way they add little discrete bits of briny flavor, rather than having the entire dish taste salty.

if you haven't tried many different kinds that's worth doing. particularly nice if you can go to a store where they have lots of olive varieties in big tubs and you can mix and match, or, even better, sample. I discovered a bunch of my olive preferences by sampling from the barrels at Zabar's and Fairway in nyc. For me, I found I liked small black nicoise olives, green picholines, and cerignolas which are huge and on the milder side. I also occasionally like the really flavorful, salty, almost meaty oil-cured olives.

I almost always prefer olives on the pit (unless I'm adding them to something). removing the pit often makes the interior mushy and I think you lose some of the olive flavor to the brine.

Pahilla the Hun

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

i eat olives right out of the jar--bleu cheese stuffed, jalapeno stuffed, garlic stuffed, hell stuffed with another kind of olive :psyduck: --they all get me goin'

you are clearly a pro and i will chime in that black olives are the gateway and green/purple/with-pits (sucking the meat off the pit then spitting it out omg) are some next-level nom

nachos with all the regular fair and black olives sliced thin on top was how i got hooked

thanks nesamdoom!!

Stooge

Pahilla the Hun posted:

i love your sig and new av

Thanks Pahilla!

Your new av looks great! It fills me with the strange desire to... post? 🤔🤔🤔

Pahilla the Hun

we must always keep posting or the lurkers win!

thanks nesamdoom!!

take the moon

by sebmojo
brothers, sisters i apologize for worse than normal posting. in my defense i am on a revolving door of psychotropics. ive been open palm slamming that post button freal.

but

ive been going outside more and appear to possess some kind of healthy glow as opposed to my normal pall of death. i think this new ad might be um... good. i am not getting my hopes up. i p much hate all this poo poo. but its not really that bad, none of it is :)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

take the moon posted:

its not really that bad, none of it is :)

truer words were never posted

:cheers:

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Goons Are Gifts

Check this out, someone got really high here

Pahilla the Hun

Goons Are Great posted:

Pahilla the Hun leans in

thanks nesamdoom!!

FluffieDuckie

all olives are excellent and require immediate eating.

thank you for coming to my ted talk

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Pahilla the Hun

FluffieDuckie posted:

all olives are excellent and require immediate eating.

thank you for coming to my ted talk

olive you

thanks nesamdoom!!

Manifisto

Olive U. with prof. fluffieduckie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Goons Are Great posted:

Yeah sorry about that. I don't gently caress around when i take horks of weed vape.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame: