Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Len posted:

Is there any reason to get that if i have a vita within arms of me right now?

Assuming it’s not a Vita TV, a bigger screen? It doesn’t add anything new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Gann Jerrod posted:

Assuming it’s not a Vita TV, a bigger screen? It doesn’t add anything new.

The PSTV is actually in the closet

But good to know i'm not buying P4 again

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Strom Cuzewon posted:

PYF Videogame Taglines

Go to Hell.

Dante's Inferno

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Finish the Fight

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Len posted:

This one has the option of selecting Japanese voices. I don't think that's a factor for you, but hey, there you go.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Disco elysium : i just had a chat with my spinal cord before i did some hardcore breakdancing and it sounded like Seth rogan.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Disco Elysium: The bloated corpse of a drunk reminded me of my failures and inadequacies, and later on it sang karaoke for me.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I liked the failure version of the karaoke better than the success version

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I hope Golden gets ported to PS4, too. I'm not the smartest man around, but at least I never bought a Vita lmao

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Leavemywife posted:

I hope Golden gets ported to PS4, too. I'm not the smartest man around, but at least I never bought a Vita lmao

I bought the Assassin's Creed bundle way back when it came out just for P4G. Not counting the games Sony gave me or PSP games I have 4. And that's only because FFX and X-2 came in a bundle.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Len posted:

I bought the Assassin's Creed bundle way back when it came out just for P4G. Not counting the games Sony gave me or PSP games I have 4. And that's only because FFX and X-2 came in a bundle.

In reality, I really want to play Golden and kinda wish I had a Vita so I could. I'm sorry for trying to tear you down like that.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Leavemywife posted:

In reality, I really want to play Golden and kinda wish I had a Vita so I could. I'm sorry for trying to tear you down like that.

Oh no it's a terrible purchase and I don't think I've used the thing in years. I'm too lazy to mod it and too cheap to buy an actual memory card for it so I could have more than one game downloaded at a time

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Len posted:

There's the possibility of mods down the line. Saw someone working on a lady protagonist mod in the mega ten thread in games.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Leavemywife posted:

the PS Vita TV is the king of all consoles :colbert:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I liked the failure version of the karaoke better than the success version

Totally agree,i also love the fact that everyone in the room hates it except your partner,really moving.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lord Lambeth posted:

There's the possibility of mods down the line. Saw someone working on a lady protagonist mod in the mega ten thread in games.

That's gonna make the camping trip real weird when pallet swap protag just tents with dudes after a big deal was made about not sharing tents with the opposite sex

And then every other mod will just be poorly balanced trash because no modders actually understand balance and always skew things way harder than they need to be

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dash Rendar posted:

the PS Vita TV is the king of all consoles :colbert:

Despised by the common people and slain in favour of a group of more popular ones that know what they're doing? :v:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

bony tony posted:

That is a slanderous allegation against a perfectly normal human dad. How dare you.

I love this dumb joke and will never get tired of it :allears:

(In b4 "what do you mean "joke"?")

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

I really struggle to follow the logic of what they release on what platforms. Porting this to PC out of nowhere but not PS4/Switch? Making a Persona 5 spinoff for Switch exclusively and adding its MC to Smash and not porting the actual game to anything? Any port is better than nothing and I get that these things can hit major issues that might hold them back or make a port impossible, but it's just weird.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The Vita was awesome, you dorks. Sony mismanaged it to hell but it’s still a rad little handheld, and that OLED screen was insane in 2012.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I really struggle to follow the logic of what they release on what platforms. Porting this to PC out of nowhere but not PS4/Switch? Making a Persona 5 spinoff for Switch exclusively and adding its MC to Smash and not porting the actual game to anything? Any port is better than nothing and I get that these things can hit major issues that might hold them back or make a port impossible, but it's just weird.

I can't speak for why P5 isn't on Switch (in fact, the old reasoning of 'mainline Persona is intended to be Playstation-exclusive' is blown out by this very port), but I'm betting this is a fledgling idea intended to see if they can justify further PC ports. Atlus has never seriously tried at PC, but suddenly they throw this at us out of nowhere with a relatively decent amount of fanfare. It's very similar to how Namco made their big modern PC debut with Dark Souls' PC port and DLC. Only... you know, with a better port.

Chances are, the reason this hit PC and nowhere else is because they want to find out, with the highest degree of certainty possible, if there's an audience for Megaten on PC; the only time they've really tried for that market is the MMO. Persona 4 Golden is basically a perfect test fire, being an update for a classic game that's otherwise only been on a dead console, but it's only a perfect choice if they ONLY put it on PC, at least for now. You want the fewest reasons possible for it to fail if you want to use it as justification to do more PC ports, and that means not splitting the market share between the new platform and the ones you already know will buy your stuff.

Given P4G has been glued to the best sellers' list since it came out, and set the record for 'most concurrent players for an offline JRPG' (taking that crown from a mainline Final Fantasy, too, which has to feel good), I think we can say they succeeded at that. We'll probably see P4G make it elsewhere soon, but it'll take a few months.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

MadDogMike posted:

Yep, and now that I've played forward enough to interact with her more, I can safely update my previous comments and say Aerith is NOT being treated as a pretty princess, very deliberately in her case (defining moment - *Cloud offers her a hand to climb up a ladder* "I'm not some delicate princess who needs help!" *ladder breaks under her* "poo poo." :haw:). Just wish she could dodge worth a drat, spent a LOT of Phoenix Downs thanks to her not being able to evade one miniboss's attacks whether or not I controlled her.

The game could've reached out and slapped me in the face and it wouldn't have shocked me as much as hearing Aerith say that. I mean, I know people say that "actually she was pretty sassy and strong-willed in the original game" but...still.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Advent Children was a massive memory-replacing project

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

scramble isn't switch exclusive

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Vita didn't have a ton of good exclusives, but I played a ton of PSP and PS1 games on it back in the day. It also had a lot of good portable ports of indie games before Switch became the go-to for those.

I know this was a few pages back, but the best lockpicking minigame is in Metal Gear Solid V. There is no minigame, it's just something that takes a few seconds when you could be in a potentially dangerous situation.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

If you tap the button then the process is faster.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Twitch posted:

I know this was a few pages back, but the best lockpicking minigame is in Metal Gear Solid V. There is no minigame, it's just something that takes a few seconds when you could be in a potentially dangerous situation.

Something about seeing that for the first time in Ground Zeroes was so pleasing to me.

"Okay, snake has to pick locks now."
"Well it makes sense he'd be really good at it and just kinda do it. Hell yes."

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Inspector Gesicht posted:

If you tap the button then the process is faster.

He's drat good at it, he'll be comically fast if you keep mashing the button. It's weirdly reminiscent of speeding up building or painting stuff in Animal Crossing.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Something about seeing that for the first time in Ground Zeroes was so pleasing to me.

"Okay, snake has to pick locks now."
"Well it makes sense he'd be really good at it and just kinda do it. Hell yes."
Same in Hitman, where you can also choose to simply use the key or take a crowbar to the door, with each option causing noise and raising suspicion appropriately, and of course you need to have the key, crowbar or lockpick on you.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The Persona 5 spinoff/sequel is going to be available for PS4 as well, at least. Atlus is insane when it comes to platforms in that way that only super calcified Japanese developers are; where a game will get chopped up into a ton of versions and dumped like chum onto a mishmash of platforms that make no loving sense.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

food court bailiff posted:

The Vita was awesome, you dorks. Sony mismanaged it to hell but it’s still a rad little handheld, and that OLED screen was insane in 2012.

The Vita was basically a mini Switch half a decade before the Switch. It was great back when it got releases that weren't anime jerk off games.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

The Moon Monster posted:

The Vita was basically a mini Switch half a decade before the Switch. It was great back when it got releases that weren't anime jerk off games.

Non-anime jerk off games need not be mentioned further.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
You besmirch the honour of BMX XXX, finest non-anime jerk-off game?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Elfface posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_uDcCZDrxg

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Elfface posted:

For all of the tragedy in Dave Mirra's life, I'm glad that he successfully excised himself from that pile of poo poo.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I played 1, 2, and brotherhood on M+KB with zero problems, they all worked really well.

I can't speak for the first game, but AC2 definitely still had some issues around the edges. I remember needing to crank the sensitivity all the way up to even begin to get decent-feeling camera control (I think it might've been doing that dumb halved sensitivity for vertical movement thing) and it still used the "puppeteer" button prompts which were obviously meant for a controller. It still played fine, but Brotherhood onward was where they really started nailing the PC versions IMO.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I remember playing 2 with a controller and it was fine except that button prompts were color-coded according to the controller buttons so it was always a bit of a mess trying to remember which of my keys was supposed to be Red or Green.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I've been playing a bunch of Total War: Warhammer II lately and the animations are really fun to watch. There's just something delightful about zooming in and watching this guy on a flaming horse charge down a fleeing knight, send him flying fifty feet and loop around for another go. It's also fun to watch an enemy just turn and run in terror as an army of beefy rat men just start charging at them.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

FFVII remake

Oh my god, Aerith is merciless towards Cloud.

Also, since it's been so long I'm constantly wondering if I just don't remember something, or is it's a change from the '97 version. A whole pile of little things adding to make this remake fantastic so far.

a kitten has a new favorite as of 06:03 on Jun 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

a kitten posted:

FFVII remake

Oh my god, Aerith is merciless towards Cloud.

Also, since it's been so long I'm constantly wondering if I just don't remember something, or is it's a change from the '97 version. A whole pile of little things adding to make this remake fantastic so far.

There's something amusing to me about getting gaslit like that in a video game remake. I don't mean that in a mean way!