Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Were those 'hostage situation :airquote:' comments before or after the new lawsuit information? I guess they probably don't care either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Raw had a bump after last week's awful rating. Now AEW is so dead!!!!

https://twitter.com/FuckAEW/status/1272984656405815304?s=19

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My gut check for "females" is if I think the writer would and could of used the word males if he was talking about the same thing but a different gender. It's not the best but it tends to sort out the clumsy writer from the Ferengi.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Can you imagine basing your online identity around not liking a professional wrestling company

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/FuckAEW/status/1272984245192003585

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

That guy's a real wacko

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is that the frey movement or vcr wrestling or whoever the gently caress

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Did my part, reported that tweet for transphobia

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's funny how the venn diagram for vocal AEW haters and transphobes is a perfect circle :thunkher:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rarity posted:

It's funny how the venn diagram for vocal AEW haters and transphobes is a perfect circle :thunkher:

This isn't true at all. There's certainly lots of transphobes who have no clue what AEW is.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

This isn't true at all. There's certainly lots of transphobes who have no clue what AEW is.

A perfect torus then

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

look at you dorks and your 2D Venn diagrams. We 3D now.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

coconono posted:

look at you dorks and your 2D Venn diagrams. We 3D now.

the other verticies are labelled "epic store exclusives" and "the last of us part 2"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
An Orlando reporter disputed Dave and Bryan's claim that people with masks weren't allowed in the building and with the Saudi Arabia lawsuit, SquaredCircle is having a normal one

quote:

We see this poo poo happen time and time again on r/sc. The Ashley Massaro story, Saudi incident, the story of Vince being mad at Roman for staying home, the story of the camera cutting away from Keith Lee's Black Lives Matter trunks, and now this.

Instead of waiting for more information to come out, the same group of posters flood the threads of these issues with "bootlicker", "shill", and "stan" comments, only for them to get proven wrong in the end, and are nowhere to be found until the next potential WWE controversy arises.

quote:

Meltzer reports what sources tell him WITHOUT checking to see if it's true. Reporters take initial information from a source as a TIP and then check out the veracity of it before reporting. You need multiple independent sources when reporting something without naming the source -- if Rowan (or whoever) wanted to put their name on it, you can just report 'Rowan said blah blah blah' but if you're protecting the identity of the source you have to check it out first.

There's an actual word for it: reporting.

quote:

Once again we have a scenario with our wonderful wrestling media running with stories that are framed entirely by their bias and the bias of their so called sources. Everybody gets hysterical with their hot takes and gently caress WWE attitude. Then like clockwork, the next day something else comes out and disproves the BS from the day before. The way hacks like SRS, Alvarez and Meltzer behave is actually embarrassing. They stick to their narrative regardless of fact and frame every report and piece of 'news' as sensationalist bullshit most of the time. It's getting overwhelming trying to decipher what is actually happening in the world of wrestling any more because of these people. They're pathetic and I wish people would stop and think for just one second before following their diatribes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SRS is a thinskinned little baby but he's not a hack.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/FuckAEW/status/1273021598530965504

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Check out this guy said the N word on twitter

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

crazy

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Gonna be honest, it's a real bummer when y'all post transphobic rear end in a top hat tweets even if that's allowed in the thread.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Unperson_47 posted:

Gonna be honest, it's a real bummer when y'all post transphobic rear end in a top hat tweets even if that's allowed in the thread.

Yeah it's not even a stupid opinion, it's just hateful bigotry and I'd rather keep this thread funny.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Twitter doesn't consider misgendering to be harassment in my experience.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

this is the worlds laziest troll, this isn't meant as a justification this is meant as a they are transparently a teenager who has decided to b uild their entire personality on being edgy - amongst all the racism, homophobia, transphobia and every other "oooo look at me" poo poo they find time to randomly just praise WWE in ways like saying The Greatest Match Ever was the best match ever. Yeah gently caress em.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

TTBF posted:

Twitter doesn't consider misgendering to be harassment in my experience.

they also used gay as a slur and referred to proud and powerful as Mexicans its someone with a dumbfuck version of what fun is and thinks this makes them very impressive and when they tell their friends about this they'll be lookedup to

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Those accounts are useful though because you can just go to the followers and start blocking. Very efficient.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm okay with lovely people getting posted here as long as it doesn't overwhelm the thread b/c sometimes twitter tells me they took action on my reports and it's nice

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Every so often this tread just becomes a bigot museum for a while and it sucks every time

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Every so often this tread just becomes a bigot museum for a while and it sucks every time

yeah i miss when it was wrestling opinions and not "here's all the worst people in the world saying the worst things in the world" but a lot of people on here like to read that and some of them could consider it an attempt at silencing something important if you were to wish that wrestling opinions be posted

i forgot to say i think it's generally a good idea to make note of bigoted and horrific statements and of those who make them;. I agree that bigots should have their platforms removed and posts in this thread have led me to reporting multiple people on twitter in the past, so it has been a 'useful' tool. I think it would be optimal to have multiple threads that separate wrestling opinions from the worst things in the world. If people mostly don't agree then that's ok

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 17, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Scott Keith is horny for Penelope Ford.

quote:

Penelope Pit Stops (shoulder thrusts), but Moore with the Brisco cradle out of the corner for two. Ford slaps the taste out of Moore and looks for the finish, but Moore headbutts the jaw and rocks her with forearms. Gutwrench suplex gets two. Ford slides out of a slam and gets a handspring cutter (barely), and the fisherman’s suplex ends it at 4:11. Sadly, the camera angle wasn’t the same as last week’s, so I can only give the match 1/2*.

Also

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1273096826560937984

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 17, 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

poo poo, when's he gonna start posting in the AEW thread

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Gabe is such a thin-skinned moron

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

About a week ago Meltzer made an offhand comment about the cameramen not focusing on Keith Lee's BLM trunks or commentary even mentioning it, followed up with a statement of "It was pretaped and if WWE didn't want him to wear the trunks they wouldn't have been on the show". WWE have since released a youtube video about Keith Lee and BLM. Naturally, to the big brains of reddit, this video about Keith Lee and BLM is a chance to own history's greatest monster.

This one is especially weird considering Dave looked at it from both sides (WWE didn’t acknowledge BLM, nor did they ban it from the show) and reddit homed in on the first part as evidence that Dave is using BLM to poo poo on WWE.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Those tweets are loving gross but I do my part and report every one of them. gently caress them and gently caress @jack

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

:hfive:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:patriot:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/ScottyR1986/status/1273125094303379457

checkmate atheists

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

https://twitter.com/ScottyR1986/status/1273130328790577154?s=20

"Yet you participate in society. Curious!"