Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer

not a bot posted:

I was super excited about Summer in Mara but luckily read a couple of reviews before. This bit is what really ended my interest:

The entire game is full of stuff like that, and I've played less than an hour! Not only no quest markers, but also no names of locations or topography on the map either so you can't even make an educated guess. drat....I was going to push through and play for a bit longer before binning it, but I've basically just talked myself out of it. I want to play something fun goddammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DLC Inc posted:

I think in my heart I accept Square will never port Chrono Trigger to Switch and def not for free on their SNES app, not when they can charge 10bux on ios for it. ffs it wasn't on the SNES Classic, even FF7 got on the PSX Mini. They know Chrono Trigger is the golden goose

They’ll probably port the pc/mobile version eventually which I’d be fine with if it’s the latest version with the fixes.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

top of page

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Duke3D got so much mileage out of being the only FPS in 1996 whose player character had an actual personality and having a first level that included basically everything good about the game

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

fyallm posted:

top of page

refuses to add to my cart

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Fallom posted:

refuses to add to my cart

try again, keeps going in and out for me.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

fyallm posted:

try again, keeps going in and out for me.

That worked - finally got it

Edit: never mind

Sorry, this item is no longer available from the seller you selected. We'll move it to the Saved for Later section of your Cart. From there, you can click the item to return to its product details page and try another seller.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

edit: wrong

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I kept trying and got an order to stick after about 20 tries. Buy it now - confirm - back button when failed, try again.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Eventually it let me preorder a copy that they expect to ship in 2 days

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Bleck posted:

not if you've spent your life playing good video games

In those cases, the correct "accept" button is "Start."

The A vs B debate is as simple as your natural "yes" and "no" head movement response. There's a reason almost every human culture in the world makes "head center, nodding, staying focused on what you're facing " its "yes" and "turn head to the side, away from what it's facing" as its "no." Bottom center face button is your thumb's natural resting spot, with the tip of your thumb on Y. Based on ergonomics, the B button should be "yes" because it's the natural "home base, stay focused on what you're doing" button and the A button is the equivalent "moving outward and away, signaling you disapprove and want to move onto something else" action.

You know who else understands this absolutely fundamental truth about human nature? Literally every single other console company in the history of the industry, and every independent PC dev studio with controller support.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 16, 2020

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TheScott2K posted:

Duke3D got so much mileage out of being the only FPS in 1996 whose player character had an actual personality and having a first level that included basically everything good about the game

Yup. It doesn’t hold up nearly as well as Doom level design wise.

Has anyone played the Walking Dead telltale games on Switch? How do they run? I’m thinking of just getting them all again on Switch.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

GreatGreen posted:

The A vs B debate is as simple as your natural "yes" and "no" head movement response. There's a reason almost every human culture in the world makes "head center, nodding, staying focused on what you're facing " its "yes" and "turn head to the side, away from what it's facing" as its "no." Bottom center face button is your thumb's natural resting spot, with the tip of your thumb on Y. Based on ergonomics, the B button should be "yes" because it's the natural "home base, stay focused on what you're doing" button and the A button is the equivalent "moving outward and away, signaling you disapprove and want to move onto something else" action.

You know who else understands this absolutely fundamental truth about human nature? Literally every single other console company in the history of the industry, and every independent PC dev studio with controller support.

A - aaaay - approval
B - bpppt - disapproval

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mega64 posted:

A - aaaay - approval
B - bpppt - disapproval

Allow.
Block.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mega64 posted:

A - Advance
B - Back up

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mega64 posted:

A - aaaay - approval
B - bpppt - disapproval

Ass
Boobies

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Mega64 posted:

A - aaaay - approval
B - bpppt - disapproval

A - affirmative, captain
B - belay that order, ensign

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Midjack posted:

Ass
Boobies

:hmmyes:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Alright!
B-but!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tempura Wizard posted:

Can we get four pages of everyone just posting the word "Spelunky"? Thanks in advance.
hello yes where do i sign the petition

i've still never tried that game but it sounds fun

e:

Midjack posted:

Ass
Butt

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ogre Battle! Ogre Tactics!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

All those games on sale and the only thing I was interested in enough to buy was the Grandia HD collection. Also my backlog is already too big, no more purchases for me for a bit.
Did they ever fix the mess that is the port of the original Grandia in the Collection? Also, does 2 still have the slowdown?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Midjack posted:

Ass
Boobies

Life and hometown. Thread title is correct.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

GreatGreen posted:

cool cultural erasure just to make a case for having a brain that can't handle which button to push in a video game

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Switch lets you rebind buttons so I just reversed em

I mean even Microsoft understands that A = Accept and resting thumb position = accept, which is why their A button is at the bottom of the diamond

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

They should make A accept in the U.S., and B accept everywhere else. It can be imperial game controls versus metric game controls.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Bill Gates after realising he put the buttons on the Xbox pad in the wrong place:

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I only hate it on playstation where X is accept and O is cancel... like cmon, they're not even trying anymore.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Isn't Spelunky 2 in development? I figure any porting would wait until that gets a release first.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Do people not know why Nintendo controllers are that way, or are we just being silly on the internet?

I'm posting with a migraine here so I'm not sure.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the X is short for "x-ccept"

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Commander Keene posted:

Did they ever fix the mess that is the port of the original Grandia in the Collection? Also, does 2 still have the slowdown?

No idea, I probably won't get around to playing it for a few months.

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

daermon posted:

Do people not know why Nintendo controllers are that way, or are we just being silly on the internet?

I'm posting with a migraine here so I'm not sure.

Tangentially related, on the GC X and Y lined up with their respective axis; on the switch it's backwards and drives me crazy.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

48 Hour Boner posted:

Tangentially related, on the GC X and Y lined up with their respective axis; on the switch it's backwards and drives me crazy.

I never owned a GC, but the Switch orientation is the same as the SNES.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

GreatGreen posted:

i don't think it's possible to argue against such a scientifically proven and rigorous post, which definitely doesn't seem like ridiculous bullshit

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how can a point be lined up on either single axis when it is necessarily the meeting point of two axes

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Using AXBY or symbols is a dumb idea anyway.

OUYA had the right idea.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't Spelunky 2 in development? I figure any porting would wait until that gets a release first.

Yeah but it’s a PS console exclusive. At least a timed one.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I to this day still can't remember where the X and Y are on Nintendo consoles. I played the DS a ton as a teen, but somehow it just isn't ingrained in me. The Gamecube basically ruined my perception of their button layouts, and I can't think of face buttons as anything other than Playstation ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

jackhunter64 posted:

Bill Gates after realising he put the buttons on the Xbox pad in the wrong place:

Xbox was Dreamcast 2.0 so he did what he what he had to do.