Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

hawowanlawow posted:

the mod that replaced all the scrawlings in the safe rooms in left 4 dead with Jaden Smith tweets was fuckin inspired

I'm uh....im gonna need a link to that dawg.

Edit: FOUND IT

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=709794008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Gonna need more Avatar memes, TIA

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Gonna need more Avatar memes, TIA

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Is that supposed to be Mr. Bean?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
What's the original of this?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Hollandia posted:

What's the original of this?

Don't have link handy, but Karen and her husband harrassed a POC stenciling his own home with "black lives matter", accusing him of putting graffiti on private property and saying they know he doesn't live there.

The husband got fired and the woman got a bunch of her commercial contracts cancelled.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

You son of a bitch

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Don't have link handy, but Karen and her husband harrassed a POC stenciling his own home with "black lives matter", accusing him of putting graffiti on private property and saying they know he doesn't live there.

The husband got fired and the woman got a bunch of her commercial contracts cancelled.
Lol, thanks. Glad it ended well.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Absolutely incredible

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

a good amount of stupid

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

And ferengi.

:females:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Also cops say females.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

So basically, non-humans refer to human women as females.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
You can still use female as an adjective, but when you're referring to females it's definitely had weird energy for a long time now. I like the 'stuff your mom never told you podcast' method of just using lady for everything.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The whole female thing seems like a terminally online issue.

You hear female a thousand times a day on TV, the news, random people, but on the internet it's a high crime.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Those are clearly pancakes

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

female is used a lot in the military from my experience, but it becomes an adjective for anything lady related and it kinda just worked

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Medical stuff as well, all the reports will be like "Male with shampoo bottle in rectum" or "23 yo female w/CC of fever". So there I was just female and male-ing everything.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The thing about describing someone as male or female rather than a more casual word like man or woman is that it sounds more detached and clinical and in many fields that's what you're going for.

So when people use it on the internet they're often trying to use it to sound detached in the same way, but when they're doing it in service of a weird rant about biotruths it just comes off as creepy. And some people just use those terms in whatever context because they overheard it being used in the detached context and just sort of do it without thinking about it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:same:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

LifeSunDeath posted:

Also cops say females.

Military, and minority groups will also refer to women as females. I knew I heard it growing up Hispanic

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Like a lot of words, it gives a different impression depending on who's saying it and how.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

i love this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

It’s just common sense.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I love all of these.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
https://twitter.com/TheTrashbang/status/1272902862486605833

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
This is what dyslexia must feel like

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://imgur.com/UwNkVTt.mp4

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

https://youtu.be/ndMwLf0_PgA

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I always appreciate when Cyberpunk game devs honour the ancient pact of making the first door code 0451 :unsmith:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf_wuAQ-t44

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"what are you trying to forget?"

"...i forgot."

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Danaru posted:

I always appreciate when Cyberpunk game devs honour the ancient pact of making the first door code 0451 :unsmith:

:same:

Every Arkane game :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"what are you trying to forget?"

"...i forgot."