Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

Nah, they’ll figure it out. They took down their donation page shortly after the huge influx started, so I don’t think they’re trying for Maximum Grift.

Consensus in the GBS (?) thread is that they’re a 100k/yr charity that has no idea how to spend 35m. 200k represents pretty much every single protestors’ bail. Charity laws prevent them from (easily?) transferring that to other bail charities and they got shouted down when they suggested bailing non-protestors out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That would be weird and awkward coming from a woman who'd been sexually assaulted. Coming from someone going by "A Gender Critical Dad" ...

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

sugar mouse posted:

Now we know.

If flouride prevents me from seeing things like that everywhere I think I'm okay with it.

Also I'm not an expert but I don't think that's a sasquatch.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Knormal posted:

If flouride prevents me from seeing things like that everywhere I think I'm okay with it.

Also I'm not an expert but I don't think that's a sasquatch.

poo poo, that Stargate episode was right!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:chloe:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

what is he holding

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Saddest Rhino posted:

what is he holding

his brain

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Who wouldn’t want a hug from Christopher Meloni’s younger creepier brother?

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Consensus in the GBS (?) thread is that they’re a 100k/yr charity that has no idea how to spend 35m. 200k represents pretty much every single protestors’ bail. Charity laws prevent them from (easily?) transferring that to other bail charities and they got shouted down when they suggested bailing non-protestors out.

Yeah, I'm more than happy to admit I was wrong and making a knee-jerk reaction on that one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

what is he holding

Collection of belly button lint.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Me, suddenly seeing someone coming towards me over the horizon:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Some protestors tore down a statue of a colonial governor who

1) never actually spent time in the country
2) was an absolute shithead

The statue was erected less than 10 years ago by a local businessman and nobody had even really heard of the governor before then. The statue was not a museum to the horrors of colonialism, it was just a statue in the middle of town.

My meth-head cousin who usually stays off social media has taken massive umbrage at this and has been posting poo poo like this for days now.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

And that's why there's statues of hitler all over germany.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Seriously, gently caress this guy. I've been reporting him on twitter for months, because he's a full on Nazi.

Goes on other nazi podcasts, and does other nazi stuff. gently caress him, and gently caress twitter for not doing anything about him.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

The statue was erected less than 10 years ago by a local businessman and nobody had even really heard of the governor before then. The statue was not a museum to the horrors of colonialism, it was just a statue in the middle of town.

My meth-head cousin who usually stays off social media has taken massive umbrage at this and has been posting poo poo like this for days now.

Your cousin actually has a really good point here, and I fully support it. Let’s let black people decide which Confederate monuments should stay up. Likewise, let’s let the natives of colonized lands decide which of their colonizers’ keepsakes to preserve.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Where was this and why was it put up in the first place, then?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I want to punch the internet.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wondeful image of a concrete man vigorously assaulting the switch box at the end of the street and screaming.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

All crime is equally bad - liberals.txt

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Don't think someone calling themselves netanyahu9000 is a liberal (whatever that even means these days besides being a snarl word for the terminally online) but keep swinging at that dead strawman.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 10:59 on Jun 17, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

He's right that laws don't equal morality, but in this case it just means while it'd be slightly better if she was 19 instead of 17 when this happened it'd still be really loving bad.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Don't think someone named netanyahu9000 is a liberal (whatever that even means these days) but keep swinging at that dead strawman.

Does it matter if the straw is alive in a strawman? Or do you think strawmen are somehow alive as the strawman itself?

I ask only the questions you have the capacity to understand.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's a deliberately mixed (and ridiculous) metaphor for (intended) comedic effect. I personally thought that was obvious but I guess I overestimated my audience.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 10:59 on Jun 17, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

It's a deliberately mixed (and ridiculous) metaphor for (intended) comedic effect. I personally thought that was obvious but I guess I overestimated my audience.

I thought it was funny. There's a reason T-man has that av

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Guilty posted:

I thought it was funny. There's a reason T-man has that av

Yours seems like it has quite a backstory too.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Yours seems like it has quite a backstory too.

Yeah, there's racist morons on the forums who believe they've got Celiac's when they put on 20 pounds of weight for eating giant bowls of pasta every night. It's not much of a story. You can always tell when someone's a Celiac's wannabe when they can waste money on stupid poo poo like that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Celiac is not a person's name fyi

You know, since this seems to be the page to be pedantic and weird about perfectly reasonable and funny posts, I'm getting the hell on that bus

Wendell
May 11, 2003

PicklePants posted:

Seriously, gently caress this guy. I've been reporting him on twitter for months, because he's a full on Nazi.

Goes on other nazi podcasts, and does other nazi stuff. gently caress him, and gently caress twitter for not doing anything about him.

What a frustrating Calm Hitler this guy is

https://twitter.com/Nature_and_Race/status/1273198251106357248?s=20

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Wendell posted:

Calm Hitler

thanks, i was wondering what he reminded me of, he really is the meme presonified

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Funny story, this dude is blocked in the UK. Twitter says it's country withheld content, meaning certain countries have banned his account.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm looking at it right now from the UK so I don't know if that's the case.

Germany I would expect, though.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Guilty posted:

Funny story, this dude is blocked in the UK. Twitter says it's country withheld content, meaning certain countries have banned his account.
imagine being so lovely an entire country bans you

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sestze posted:

imagine being so lovely an entire country bans you

Imagine being so lovely that Boris Johnson's Britain bans you.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Black people: Please stop killing us, we can’t take this anymore
Police: McDonald’s was too slow making my breakfast sandwich and nobody thanked me. We can’t take this anymore.

https://twitter.com/tkag2020_ann/status/1273075677454098436?s=21

Guilty
May 3, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

I'm looking at it right now from the UK so I don't know if that's the case.

Germany I would expect, though.

yes I think I have some funny location thing with my computer that says it's in Germany still, might be my hardware. Anyways, it's still blocked.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Germany actually bans nazis generally so that would make sense.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Black people: Please stop killing us, we can’t take this anymore
Police: McDonald’s was too slow making my breakfast sandwich and nobody thanked me. We can’t take this anymore.

https://twitter.com/tkag2020_ann/status/1273075677454098436?s=21

She think the mickeys Dees is gonna poison her because she can't see them make the food and all the cops faking getting bad service by food industry workers is making he anxious lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

god loving dammit