Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The goofiest part to me is that for all his brilliance he needs a cue card to read from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zaodai posted:

The goofiest part to me is that for all his brilliance he needs a cue card to read from.

Flash cards, in this case.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Red and green
Black and white
Walks by day
Runs by night

I’m loving terrible at riddles....

Two cricket teams with red/green and black/white uniforms playing a match over the course of multiple days.

(I think it's just meant to be an absurd riddle without a pre-agreed answer to sell the gag. But I think technically that answer would work! And then make the Riddler mad because it's not what he was thinking of!)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Android Blues posted:

Two cricket teams with red/green and black/white uniforms playing a match over the course of multiple days.

(I think it's just meant to be an absurd riddle without a pre-agreed answer to sell the gag. But I think technically that answer would work! And then make the Riddler mad because it's not what he was thinking of!)

I was thinking red light/green light/ black light/white light but that doesn’t make sense.

Then i thought like a midnight jogger (red green black white ) walk during the day,go running at night?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Red and green. Green hair - and red lips!
The Joker! But black and white - like... a Penguin? Runs by night. Like a river, down to the sea... C! C for Catwoman!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Black and white red and green....the funkiest man you’ve ever seen! Robin it’s the partyman! He rock the party like...nobody can! To the batcave!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Red and green
Black and white
Walks by day
Runs by night
Never drinks but always drunk

A newt?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

"Plays the bass and brings the funk."

The Riddler was talking about Doop.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This is a full set of clues to a location, so not all one thing.
Red and Green -- stoplight
Black and White -- crosswalk
Walks by day -- traffic signal
Runs by night -- river
Never drinks but always drunk -- water.

So the house is at an intersection with both a traffic light and marked crosswalk, probably some place named Water Avenue or the like.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
read Delicious in Dungeon

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

is it funny?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Ghostlight posted:

is it funny?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So...

no?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Did you know that humor is subjective? Some things that are funny to some people aren’t funny to others, it’s wild.

For example, I don’t find a panel of a comic from 1950 where a man says something benign by that time’s standard but is weird by today’s standard to be particularly funny, but a lot of posters in this thread find it the height of comedy

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

thetoughestbean posted:

Did you know that humor is subjective? Some things that are funny to some people aren’t funny to others, it’s wild.

For example, I don’t find a panel of a comic from 1950 where a man says something benign by that time’s standard but is weird by today’s standard to be particularly funny, but a lot of posters in this thread find it the height of comedy

Are you an energy vampire by any chance?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Unkempt posted:

I don't know what that means but you probably shouldn't say it, Captain.

quote:

spunk

A sexually attractive person. Australians also use the meanings for this term that exist in standard English: 1 courage and determination. 2 semen. But in Australia spunk is most commonly used to refer to a person of either sex who is regarded as sexually attractive. It is first recorded in the 1970s and is derived from spunky ‘full of spirit; brave, plucky’, although it may be influenced by spunk ‘semen’. A term based on the Australian spunk is spunk rat, which means the same thing, but can also mean ‘a sexually promiscuous person’.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Or if you mean Buckley's it means "gently caress all"

So "gently caress all chance of that while I've got a say"

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Monster massacre / simon bisley

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Zetsubou-san posted:

A sexually attractive person. Australians also use the meanings for this term that exist in standard English: 1 courage and determination. 2 semen. But in Australia spunk is most commonly used to refer to a person of either sex who is regarded as sexually attractive. It is first recorded in the 1970s and is derived from spunky ‘full of spirit; brave, plucky’, although it may be influenced by spunk ‘semen’. A term based on the Australian spunk is spunk rat, which means the same thing, but can also mean ‘a sexually promiscuous person’.

Aussie: I have never heard 'spunk' used to refer to a person who is attractive. It's always just meant jizz.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Monster massacre / simon bisley

Not a thing she can't do? Sounds like she'd be an excellent barber and/or surgeon. Or firefighter, just cut away the heat. Or builder, cut away everything that isn't a house.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Elfface posted:

Not a thing she can't do? Sounds like she'd be an excellent barber and/or surgeon. Or firefighter, just cut away the heat. Or builder, cut away everything that isn't a house.

It's a great set-up for shenanigans like Magneto's hypnotism via MAGNETIC GAZE but her costume suggests she can't even get a bikini right.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Truly a deep and tragic character because while she
can: actually give fantastic shaves and haircuts, make a great tailor, possibly be a skilled surgeon?
she sadly and heartbreakingly
cannot: wear sensible clothes, go outside during winter without getting frostburn, use crowded public transport, grow an impressive hairstyle without the name becoming awkward

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

MikeJF posted:

Aussie: I have never heard 'spunk' used to refer to a person who is attractive. It's always just meant jizz.

was a lot more prevalent in the 90s, see also the phrase "what a spunk!"

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

thetoughestbean posted:

This took longer to click for me than it should have

https://youtu.be/sOnqjkJTMaA?t=525

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Corpse Boy's expression on the second page is pretty great

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Skwirl posted:

So...

no?

In truth, it's the only manga I've ever seen that didn't make me want to immediately punch myself in the eyes in order to stop reading anymore of it - it's... surprisingly readable.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
If it helps, that's an adult halfling, not a child.

He's actually a deadbeat dad

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Mystery Men Comics #6 (1940)

The Fantastic Four #4 (1962)

What If? #22 (1980)

Scarlet Spider #17 (2013)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

The Fantastic Four #4 (1962)

And you're gonna give Doom poo poo about tooting? For shame, Namor!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

thetoughestbean posted:

im trying real hard to see the joke here but idgi

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she's linked all those corpses to her own movement while trying to dodge murder rabbits that want to slit her throat. it's comical but she's also completely freaking out.

it doesn't really work out of context.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It not really working outside of context DOES make it fit in perfectly with 90% of the posts here.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Here’s some pages that I find funny, and do not require too much context.

And an important life lesson.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I think Dungeon Meshi is one of the funniest comics being put out anywhere right now but I think the biggest laugh in the latest chapter for me was after she gets all the corpses back to life and explains to them how she did it and how traumatic and terrifying it was, how the party leader reacts:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
manga humor is frequently weird for weirdness sake and the humor works better if you just stare at it for a long moment and let your brain baste in the bizarreness of it, attempting to fix what isn't broken, until the recursive absurdity leaves your mind with no resort but laughter.

it's not something that appeals to everyone but surrealism is strong in manga.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

she's linked all those corpses to her own movement while trying to dodge murder rabbits that want to slit her throat. it's comical but she's also completely freaking out.

it doesn't really work out of context.

I thought it was just "necromancer raises a shitload of corpses, including rabbits, for a dance party".

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
It’s Thriller you dolts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Milotic posted:

It’s Thriller you dolts.

Honestly have no clue how I was supposed to get that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Skwirl posted:

Honestly have no clue how I was supposed to get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I sorta get it now, but it's not obvious out of context like that at all.