Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

Supposedly getting a demo for THE RIFTBREAKER today (not to be confused with SHIPBREAKER Edit: Or EARTHBREAKERS lmao) which is that kinda cool looking ARPG with mechs.
I really hope this gets co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Hwurmp posted:

:siren: Creeper World 4 demo :siren:

e: wait where is the demo

Well thanks for pointing this out, despite having Creeper World 4 on my wishlist this was not showing up in the "Demos from your wishlist" for some reason and I would have never seen it.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I really am a big fan of Shipbreaker but...Not so much the time limits. I'm cool with there being a big bonus for being fast or maybe even some sort of money penalty (not too huge though) for being slow but...When these ships have like 2-3 days to do them and each day is so short it kills my enthusiasm to play. I just wanna methodically cut stuff up like in the tutorial ships...
If you just want to chill out and cut ships there's a "Free Play" option on the main menu that lets you select a ship and gives you infinite resources like the tutorial.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Dinosaur Fossil Hunter is a cute little simulator, judging from the demo. Unfortunately, right now it is one of those Unity games that run like crap and has the weird quirk of going too far in some places (you have a vehicle you drive to each dig site and that includes things like having to clear the road of debris and engage four-wheel drive to get through mud) but lacks a lot in others (the tools you use to clean bones and put together exhibitions control like poo poo and the game misses the chance to explain how the IRL process works).

Still not bad though. It's charming in a quaint way despite the very slow burn.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Tried a few demos tonight. Got a bunch more to try over the next week, but my favorites so far are Inmost (pixel-art cinematic platformer) and The Wild at Heart (cross between Zelda, Pikmin, and a bit of Luigi’s Mansion, with gorgeous 2D art).

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Harspace Shipbreaker seems like tons of fun. Lots of OCD poo poo if you want to perform surgery on a space ship.

The worst I can say about it right now is the controls a bit hosed, lots of mouse acceleration and occasionally your character will just spaz out, which might cause you to destroy some salvage. Resolution is little wonky now as well, as anything about 1920x1080 isn't technically supported yet, and the UI will go nutso above that.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

SirSamVimes posted:

:woop: Successfully done my first assassination in a messy manner with lots of collateral damage! One star, but I feel accomplished!

I guess the difficulty tuning is intended so high star ranking missions is something you only really do when you have unlocked extra equipment/entries/drop zones/etc?

Map knowledge is by far more important than those other things , but the beauty of the structure is that by the time you've unlocked a bunch of those extras you'll probably also know the level inside out. So no, but yeah.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
n/m, just don't have time anymore.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 17, 2020

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Wow. Partisans 1941 is a loving cool Commandos-like game with a mixture of stealth and using directional cover to win gunfights. The combat itself is pretty simple: just use cover, make sure you are firing from the optimal range with the different weapon types and sometimes telling one of your guys to change position to flank, but the fact that it's not all stealth all the time already makes it more interesting to me than similar games. Each character has a skill tree too and I imagine the full version will have some interesting management stuff with its promises of letting you build up a resistance base and having to find resources during missions. Really cool stuff, already had it bookmarked but the high production values were a very nice surprise that made me more excited for it.

Less cool was how the first thing the game asked me to do was to make an exception for it on my firewall. It might be a bit soon for that you guys.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Wow hardspace took up almost all of my time today. I'm echoing what a lot of the other players are saying, the time limit spoils things.

Once you start getting into the higher tiers you got ships with a massive network of coolant and fuel pipes leading up to a multi part reactor in a glass casing. There's shitloads of ships systems to find and interact with just to make it all work. Hell it can take 15 minutes just to find the utility key in the ship to shut things down. It wasn't unusual for me to only make like 100k in the first shift trying to get everything ready before unloading the reactor for like 5 million later on. In a lot of cases you got complex double hulled ships to break down and it would be way more fun if I didn't have a time limit stopping me from enjoying it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I like the time limit because I feel like without it the game would be super boring. Like I’d feel compelled to cut every last dumb sheet of aluminum out of the ships and it would be like Viscera Cleanup Detail. As it is, I try to get the work orders done, yank whatever additional high value stuff or things I need for the next clearance level, and get the hell out and don’t work the same ship again unless I think I can still pull enough out within the time limit to make it worth it over the fees.

There should be more of a happy medium though. Either have an easy difficulty with a way longer time limit for those who don’t like it, or make it optional, or at the very least have some shift lengthening upgrades as you get to the harder ships. This is still the earliest of early access, I’m sure they are going to add something.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

Tried a few demos tonight. Got a bunch more to try over the next week, but my favorites so far are Inmost (pixel-art cinematic platformer) and The Wild at Heart (cross between Zelda, Pikmin, and a bit of Luigi’s Mansion, with gorgeous 2D art).
Inmost is pretty rad, it's on Apple Arcade if you have that subscription (I wouldn't subscribe specifically for one game, of course).

Playing through demos now.. I played a couple of minutes of 30XX.. it didn't support my DS4 but I'm willing to forgive that for a pre-alpha. It seems alright, slightly better procgen than most platformers, but I don't quite feel that sort of climactic curve that I would expect from a platforming level.. that's the thing that procgen platformers always lack in.

I'll have a big post once I've gone through a bunch of demos. (i downloaded 38)

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
There are too many loving games coming out.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Barn Finders has no business being as entertaining as it is.

Are you the kind of guy that enjoys checking every single nook and cranny in hopes of finding loot? Can you tolerate Postal 2 style satire featuring dumb rednecks, fart jokes and the occasional pin-up poster?

Cause someone made a game entirely around ransacking maps for weird loot then reselling them in your crappy pawnshop. It's stupid as hell. It's really well made for some reason, runs well and looks ok too. I found a poorly taxidermied cat in an abandoned barn, upgraded a workstation back home so I could give it a wash and then resold it to some random visitor for 40 bucks.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

goferchan posted:

Map knowledge is by far more important than those other things , but the beauty of the structure is that by the time you've unlocked a bunch of those extras you'll probably also know the level inside out. So no, but yeah.

I see what you mean. Did the mission again with different methods, and was able to silent assassin 5 star it. I used a different entry point, but everything I did I would have been able to do with a suit start.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Glad I held off on Shipbreakers for now from the sound of things. Higher resolutions not being supported is to be expected in EA but wow that time limit really puts a damper on things for me. I checked out Scott Manley's video and the gameplay seems really cool but like others I kind of just wanted to be able to play through the story and not have a restricting time limit. Yeah you can go back to ships after it's up but it just means you only get 15 minute chunks of gameplay before being chucked out again.

Hopefully they add the option to just remove the time limit for story mode too.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Shipbreakers is definitely my jam. I'm really enjoying it and I'm growing increasingly efficient at rapidly dissecting the Mackerel transports. I can get nearly the whole thing apart in two days (though not necessarily ultra efficient, I rarely bother with the lights for example). I've had multiple crashes however, which sucks, but not too surprising. Hopefully they get some of those worked out.

I really hope the custom keybinding get added soon, I need to be able to bind my mouse thumb buttons to something useful.

Also these:

Are already in the game. I saw them when I checked out freeplay mode. They're called Geckos and are good bit larger than the Mackerels with multiple rooms (at least on the passenger ferry version I explored).

Some Tips:

• I might've missed it during the tutorial but your grappler beam can reel by using the right mouse button. Massive objects will reel you in towards the object, allowing you to move around faster, but be careful you can easily end up going VERY fast and smashing your face/helmet against something. Small to medium objects will be pulled towards you. Again, watch out, because while the beam will freeze small objects in place at a minimum distance close to you, larger objects might have enough mass/momentum to just smash right into you. In both of these cases you can use your gloves to help soften the impact. Its very satisfying pulling a larger object like a storage locker towards you, and catching it with an outstretched hand.
  • With the Mackerel IMO the first thing you should do after taking care of any external equipment (antenna, engine pods, etc) is get inside and start removing the floor hull segments, this'll make it real easy to shoot stuff into the barge.
  • Mackerel Outer Hull Teardown Order (IMO): Floor segments > Roof Segments > Rear Section > Side Walls > Cockpit area.
  • The airlock will often remain pressurized even after you decompress the interior, be careful and use the controls to depressurize it again before removing said controls...
  • I don't have much opinion about upgrades yet, but I suggest getting the first Oxygen capacity upgrade ASAP. With it you'll only need to return to the store console on the hab module for oxygen once during a shift, assuming you only refill O2 when its low.
  • Using the split saw head to cut structural connectors instead of melting them with the stinger head can be significantly faster and even remove multiple connectors at once. Just be aware of what else you might cut.
  • Weaver isn't joking. Tethers are your friend.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

StarkRavingMad posted:

I like the time limit because I feel like without it the game would be super boring. Like I’d feel compelled to cut every last dumb sheet of aluminum out of the ships and it would be like Viscera Cleanup Detail. As it is, I try to get the work orders done, yank whatever additional high value stuff or things I need for the next clearance level, and get the hell out and don’t work the same ship again unless I think I can still pull enough out within the time limit to make it worth it over the fees.

There should be more of a happy medium though. Either have an easy difficulty with a way longer time limit for those who don’t like it, or make it optional, or at the very least have some shift lengthening upgrades as you get to the harder ships. This is still the earliest of early access, I’m sure they are going to add something.

Alternatively have timers for increased value or bonuses. Complete the set tasks within a certain amount of time for double or even triple income depending on complexity, but missing them does not eliminate general earnings.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

A friend of mine is working on this arcadey multiplayer hockey game, it's the team's first commercial project and there's a demo

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1201380/Puck_Buddies/

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Stokes posted:

The keyboard controls are a little off-standard, and I don't like how alt moves the camera around, but Desperados III sure is pretty neat.

Agreed, I had to spend 5 minutes to get the shortcuts where I want them.

Game is fantastic, if you liked Shadow Tactics - or the genre in general - this is a no brainer. Lots of good quality of life improvements, level design is ace, and you actually get to use your guns.

Now, if they could turn this replay mode into a full-on in-engine one though...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ageless (TBA 2020) is a Celeste-style platformer where you have the ability to change the age of plants and animals with your magic archery in order to progress through each room. This was a really solid demo and if you're looking for the next Celeste this is basically it (it bites off it maybe a little too much).

Antipole DX (TBA 2020) is a platformer where you can change the center of gravity from floor to ceiling.. it's a mechanic executed so well that I was a natural at it almost immediately. The aesthetic is interesting.. it's like a combination of Gameboy Advance and MS-DOS, is the best I can put it. Not bad by any stretch, just different. And a very Circle of the Moony character sprite complete with SOTN-esque ghost trails.

Arietta of Spirits (TBA 2020) is a Zelda-like taking place during a summer vacation at Grandma's cabin. So it has a much more down-to-earth feel to it, and with the addition of the spirit realm, it feels like it has the DNA in it that one might associate with Mushishi or Natsume's Book of Friends (I might have misspelled that one). The demo is the opening chapter and works by itself as a standalone story, so if you want a chill hour with some sword slashing and some feelins, maybe give this one a try. The art is kinda like Stardew Valley a bit, but the animations are really nice. Could use a little less delay between sword slashes.

Bzzzt (Spring 2021) is a competently made platformer with a Nitrome-esque art style, but it's just not for me. I just don't care about platformers where the levels are 10 seconds long and there's a thousand of them. I like my levels to be big, unique and interesting. The game also claims to be published by Cinemax???

Crumble (TBA) is a 3D platformer, it's an impressive job for a one-person team but it's not my style. I do like that you can go fast in the game and grapple, but the level design lacks grounding for me (and I am not trying to do a pun there).

Greak (2021) is going for artsy, like Ori or Hollow Knight, but with a co-op emphasis. It seems 100% meant for co-op, because you have to hold a button to have other characters follow you. No AI. This one wasn't for me, but it's also targeting 2021 so it's probably got some adjustments in the works.

Iron Meat (TBA) is Literally Contra. That's pretty much all it is, it doesn't try to throw in any new wrinkles like Blazing Chrome did.

Jack Axe (TBA) ... look I'm playing a lot of platformers okay?? This one was pretty fun, you get an axe which you throw and then dash at, so this will likely become very precision oriented as the game goes on.

Kaze and the Wild Masks (TBA 2020) is not what I was expecting based on screenshots. Any time a furry platformer emerges you hope it's more like Freedom Planet and less like.. Blade Kitten. But here we have a game in the mold of Donkey Kong Country, with the same kind of level design and momentum-based abilities, only with a very crisp 32-bit aesthetic. Think "PS1 platformer" but without the loading every 3 seconds. I'll put this on my wishlist.

I see what Otto & the Ancient Worlds (Summer 2021) is going for, it wants to be Shovel Knight but with a whip. And I love widescreen NES aesthetic. But the movement speed is sluggish, the jumping is abnormally high, and the music is just not Shovel Knight tier. I'll keep an eye on it, but it needs some refinement.

It's hard to believe that with all the platformer demos I've played, Rubi the Wayward Mira (TBA 2020) is the first Metroidvania I've encountered. It's actually a pretty solid one, and I can tell the animator is a big fan of Wayforward, based on the character idle animations. Nice art, jumping's maybe a lil high, I assume my blaster will get less wimpy sounding eventually.

RENAINE (TBA 2020) IS loving ADORABLE AND THE SOUNDTRACK RULES I WANT THE FULL GAME NOW

Radical Rabbit Stew (July 16 2020) is an action-puzzle game that has serious MS-DOS vibes.. what is going on right now, I feel like 2020 is suddenly the year of MS-DOS aesthetic. Is this the new vaporwave??? Okay anyway, you whack rabbits and they fly in a direction until they hit something, and you're trying to get them in the cooking pots. That's the extent of the game. It's alright, but again, I get tired of "1000 5-sec
ond levels" games.

I will move over to mouse games now... so far my top 3 demos are Renaine, Rubi, and Kaze

Port Valley (2021) is interesting as far as P'n'Cs go. It annoyingly does 4th wall jokes like every other point and click, but otherwise (especially after the protagonist switch) it takes on more of an Earthbound vibe with the NPC dialogue and I found it charming.

Inspector Waffles (TBA 2020) I'm a little iffier on... I appreciate that it plays things pretty straight, instead of being a zany monkey cheese fest. But it's reminding me of The Darkside Detective and not in a great way.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 17, 2020

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

SirSamVimes posted:

:woop: Successfully done my first assassination in a messy manner with lots of collateral damage! One star, but I feel accomplished!

I guess the difficulty tuning is intended so high star ranking missions is something you only really do when you have unlocked extra equipment/entries/drop zones/etc?

Professional is pretty much the intended difficulty. Casual is there if Professional is giving you too much trouble. Master adds several extra challenging things to the mix. Only one save, more cameras, more guards, NPCs are moved, footsteps are heard. That single save alone is enough reason to avoid Master difficulty unless you know the map. Especially if you are doing the Master Silent Assassin + Suit Only challenge.

And like Tarezax said, people who have played this game a lot are goddamn wizards. I made this contract for World of Tomorrow/Sapienza and this Russian(?) fella did a video for it (I doubt it'll spoil the map). I know all the tools in the game and I still had to watch it several times to understand everything he is doing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wctEwnxT5U

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jun 17, 2020

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Secret Government is an interesting take on the world strategy format of games. Rather than taking control of a Government ala EUIV, you take control of a secret society and try to influence the world through the use of spies and infiltration. It's a peculiar cross of Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis and Assassin's Creed. The demo is a bit rough around the edges, but i'm curious to see more of it.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Ghostlight posted:

You have to download the demo from the festival page.

search for the demo on SteamDB to not have to put up with the festival page

Hwurmp posted:

:siren: Creeper World 4 demo :siren:

e: wait where is the demo

I got ya, fam

Creeper World 4 has a demo!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I missed Journey finally getting a PC port the other day.

Also, the Destroy All Humans! remaster has a demo available.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mierenneuker posted:

And like Tarezax said, people who have played this game a lot are goddamn wizards. I made this contract for World of Tomorrow/Sapienza and this Russian(?) fella did a video for it (I doubt it'll spoil the map). I know all the tools in the game and I still had to watch it several times to understand everything he is doing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wctEwnxT5U

Watching master Hitman player videos makes me feel like the people who live in 47's world must feel like: they know he did something, but they've got no idea how the gently caress he did it, when he did it, or how the gently caress it worked.

Even his handler who has watched him pull this poo poo for like 20+ years at this point is constantly going,"47.... what on Earth are you doing?" as he makes his way through his missions :allears:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zetsubou-san posted:

search for the demo on SteamDB to not have to put up with the festival page

I got ya, fam

Creeper World 4 has a demo!

holy poo poo thank you

Haven (by the Furi devs) and Chicory: A Colorful Tale (by the Wandersong devs) already had timed demos a while back, but anyone who didn't try them then should definitely check them out.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The time limit really works for shipbreakers but I understand that for whatever reason time limits really fry people’s brains a lot of the time. I would suggest checking it out even if you’re not sure about stuff with time limits. You don’t have to 100 percent every ship! If you can pull that off it’s one of those things that’s satisfying because of the challenge from the time limit, IMO.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The time limit really works for shipbreakers but I understand that for whatever reason time limits really fry people’s brains a lot of the time. I would suggest checking it out even if you’re not sure about stuff with time limits. You don’t have to 100 percent every ship! If you can pull that off it’s one of those things that’s satisfying because of the challenge from the time limit, IMO.

The time limit thing looks like something modders will remove in a week, to be honest. Three of the current top threads on Steam forums are complaining about this.

Also, going from "I did a great job this time" to "gently caress, after rent, refills, repairs and interest I barely made anything" is capitalism in a nutshell and is a great punch in the gut. I think the time limit is more about increasing costs and forcing you to cut corners and mess up more than anything else. There probably is a better system to do so, but I can't think of one.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I more have an issue with it forcing your gameplay into 15 minute chunks of time. I know there's a sandbox mode but let me play the actual full game without it stopping every quarter of an hour.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

It DOES feel like there should be a better solution than that timer, but I don't know what it is. There needs to be a way to force the player to want to hurry up, and risk making mistakes, or all the tension of being in a lovely, unsafe, capitalistic work environ is lost.

Maybe if instead of a timer (or in addition to one for speedy bonus pay instead), maybe grappler/cutter fuel could be more limited or more costly to resupply mid-mission?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Ciaphas posted:

Maybe if instead of a timer (or in addition to one for speedy bonus pay instead), maybe grappler/cutter fuel could be more limited or more costly to resupply mid-mission?
I feel that forcing more resupply trips is going to be as annoying as the time limit itself. Increasing tool/hab renting costs the longer you're in the field?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Fat Samurai posted:

I feel that forcing more resupply trips is going to be as annoying as the time limit itself. Increasing tool/hab renting costs the longer you're in the field?

Good point. They could also adjust the refill method, or elide the process entirely (say little space robots did it or something)

That said, I don't find the time limit particularly annoying - but I also don't feel too compelled to go far beyond Obvious Valuables after I'm done with the work order, either. I can do that on the next ship!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Has anyone been following Solasta: Crown of the Magister? Looks to be a turn-based tactical RPG using D&D 5.1 ruleset that I saw briefly at IGN's Summer of Gaming expo. It's being developed by brand new French developer Tactical Adventures, or at least I've never heard of them before. Looks promising though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FbF7cypUTY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGbCaa_w79U

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ew

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Ciaphas posted:

It DOES feel like there should be a better solution than that timer, but I don't know what it is. There needs to be a way to force the player to want to hurry up, and risk making mistakes, or all the tension of being in a lovely, unsafe, capitalistic work environ is lost.

I just think if they gave bigger bonuses for finishing faster then that would work. You get paid more for finishing it quicker or removing certain modules quicker but just let me stay in the game and take my time if I want.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Has anyone been following Solasta: Crown of the Magister? Looks to be a turn-based tactical RPG using D&D 5.1 ruleset that I saw briefly at IGN's Summer of Gaming expo. It's being developed by brand new French developer Tactical Adventures, or at least I've never heard of them before. Looks promising though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FbF7cypUTY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGbCaa_w79U

The "build your party" bit implies that this could be an Icewind Dale style game. No companion npcs, big emphasis on combat.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Starmancer is a cute space station construction game, not dissimilar really to Space Haven, though even more towards the pixel/mobile phone side of things ala Kairosoft games. It's a fun enough demo and fairly relaxing.

Chinatown Detective Agency is a point an click adventure game in the same style as Gemini Rue and others of its ilk. It's got a pretty solid intro and ideas and might be a good game to look at if you're into those sort of games. The first puzzle is a bit maddening due to the matching icons not exactly being the easiest to remember, but the idea of using real world information to hunt for clues is appealing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Communist Bear posted:

Starmancer is a cute space station construction game, not dissimilar really to Space Haven, though even more towards the pixel/mobile phone side of things ala Kairosoft games. It's a fun enough demo and fairly relaxing.

Chinatown Detective Agency is a point an click adventure game in the same style as Gemini Rue and others of its ilk. It's got a pretty solid intro and ideas and might be a good game to look at if you're into those sort of games. The first puzzle is a bit maddening due to the matching icons not exactly being the easiest to remember, but the idea of using real world information to hunt for clues is appealing.
Oh nice, I downloaded the chinatown demo but haven't played it yet. a couple more point n click demos from what I saw (aside from the ones I mentioned above): Exit: a Biodelic Adventure, Crimson Diamond (looks to be inspired by Laura Bow), and Mutropolis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I like the hard limit in Shipbreakers just because of how much it forces you to focus on the actual valuable parts of the ship and forces you not to take apart the entire thing when it isn't worth it (while having a separate freeplay mode). It does sound like it could use some tweaking though, maybe just a series of upgrades what give you more time? So you still learn to be efficient to start but get more freedom as you go(and more time on bigger ships). I think they should keep it..although hard timers really do break people's minds...

I do like it as a game though, very strong start. But obviously still early access.