Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Some other reprints that are new to historic
- Thragtusk
- Momentous Fall
- Exclude
- Ravenous Baloth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm so much more excited for Jumpstart spoilers than I was M21.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i love you reanimate. historic is now a top tier format

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/introducing-jumpstart-new-way-play-magic-2020-02-20 the wording in this post makes me think that physical jump-start and arena jump-start might not have the same card lists

e: from looking at saffronolives twitter thread roughly 20 cards in jump-start will be different on arena https://twitter.com/HorizonFallacy/status/1273277776540438535/photo/1

tinaun fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 17, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

tinaun posted:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/introducing-jumpstart-new-way-play-magic-2020-02-20 the wording in this post makes me think that physical jump-start and arena jump-start might not have the same card lists

What part of it makes you say that?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

tinaun posted:

e: from looking at saffronolives twitter thread roughly 20 cards in jump-start will be different on arena https://twitter.com/HorizonFallacy/status/1273277776540438535/photo/1

Well that is totally confusing for everyone.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
i dont enjoy that decision

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
so where's that oubliette reprint

5 oubliette secret lair, all proceeds go to BLM?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

Predatory Packs

That seems a rather too self-aware name for boosters.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

ilmucche posted:

I suppose after? This kind of thing would have to happen before like companion reveals.

That's a bad card then alright.

Kurtofan posted:

(is it wrong that i'm more interested in seeing all the new basics)

No, these lands are sweet.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Huxley posted:

I'm so much more excited for Jumpstart spoilers than I was M21.
Same. I really wasn't expecting to be excited for a "starter" product, but there's some interesting stuff going on.

And I know that no one knows at the moment, but I'm really hoping that if I were to open some Jumpstart on Arena, that I'd be able to permanently use the unique art basics in constructed formats. That minion swamp is kind of baller.

And as much as I hate tap-lands, the thriving lands are a really cool idea for a format that doesn't suffer from Standard's insane mana ramping.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, those lands are a great design for cards they want to be powerful in the format they're in, but not ever be the kind of thing people feel obligated to chase down for commander or something.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Mezzanon posted:

I play notes tier 3 deck dimir specters and I am somehow in diamond 2 lmao
Likewise, I decided to take a break from cat-oven and play some sweet mono-black vampires, and I'm gradually rising through diamond 2 with it. Vito might put the deck over the top given the crazy amount of life-gain that you can get off of Sorin and friends. But for now, it's just good to know that things aren't quite as unbreakably stale as people seem to assume.*

*big caveat that if you're looking to win competitive events right now it probably is Temur Rec or bust, and that truly sucks, seeing as how Temur Rec is basically: "prevent your opponent from actually playing the game, and then declare it over after 6 or 7 turns."

Ersatz fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 17, 2020

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Picked up 2 challenger decks. What’s a good written resource to learn the game and whatever terms we might encounter in the decks?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

So, there's no way that Reanimate is going into Historic then. That's too bad, that's basically the only card that could make the archetype worth it by possibly going under the hate cards.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
attention folks

TINYBONES

From the Discard Themed pack

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 17, 2020

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

uncle blog posted:

Picked up 2 challenger decks. What’s a good written resource to learn the game and whatever terms we might encounter in the decks?
Honestly, the Arena "color challenge" tutorial is a pretty good way to learn the basics, and it doesn't require any additional spend on your part. If you're exclusively playing paper, you can look up rulings from judges on cards and keywords from https://gatherer.wizards.com.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

A Moose posted:

So, there's no way that Reanimate is going into Historic then. That's too bad, that's basically the only card that could make the archetype worth it by possibly going under the hate cards.
Pretty sure that every Jumpstart card is going to be playable in Historic.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Ersatz posted:

Pretty sure that every Jumpstart card is going to be playable in Historic.

Except the ones that they're not putting in the Arena version of Jumpstart.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Jabor posted:

Except the ones that they're not putting in the Arena version of Jumpstart.
Well, that sucks. Didn't catch that part.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kurtofan posted:

attention folks

TINYBONES

is magic.... good?

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

is magic.... good?

it's

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I want to make a jank commander rack-type deck around that little scamp

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Tiny skeleton rogue Is adorable.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
Since the alt art lands are one per pack, that mythic rare phyrexian swamp is gonna be pricey.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Reanimate in historic would make me play it so of course it's not gonna be in arena jumpstart

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

There are plenty of bounce and edict effects in Historic at 1 and 2 CMC and it's not like we have entomb to make it a toolboox deck either. Put Reanimate in historic you loving cowards.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Seriously considering picking up a box of Jumpstart to play with my family when everyone inevitably goes back into lockdown. Are there any Arena codes tied to the paper product?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Remember when they personally promised to me, Bust Rodd, that we could have Wurmcoil Engine and then they took it away from me?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Kurtofan posted:

attention folks

TINYBONES

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FezNgPThD3M

President Ark fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 17, 2020

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Even casually I think spin downs are annoying. Just download a free app or use a notepad imo.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

YggdrasilTM posted:

Tiny skeleton rogue Is adorable.

I can hear his adorable squealing noise in my head

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MTG_Arena/status/1273306915913625600?s=19

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

:eyepop:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I'm gonna imagine this is another one that won't make it to arena sadly

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Fake, is on the reserved list

This is a cary troll, you can tell by the jumpstart.com url

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Tainen posted:

Fake, is on the reserved list

Ah, gently caress.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
all the spoilers so far have also been entire packs at once too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Really curious to see what the reasons are, because none of them can be good.