Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

crit ice skellys

i did vaal skeletons in metamorph (it ruled) but this sounds intriguing. do you have a pob?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

KoldPT posted:

i did vaal skeletons in metamorph (it ruled) but this sounds intriguing. do you have a pob?

Nope, just search the pob forums for the guide. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965/page/16

Oh hey the guy who did the new music uploaded them,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uytD9MhJ6E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS1YHkc-LY8

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 17, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm really jazzed for this new league. It looks a lot more chill than the last one and I bet the crafting system is super broken. Got to get in early before they realize how good they made it and patch out all the OP recipes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's highly unlikely that they'll patch out the recipes mid-league.

What remains to be seen however is will they follow the correct metacrafting rules. My money is on 'yes, but not perfectly' so you'll see some crazy poo poo made in a few days before they fix that. Like how Awakener's Orbs worked for like a week when they were first introduced, but not as broken.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
First thing I'm doing is synth crafting onslaught/tailwind boots.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Yeah the tags are gonna be interesting, we've seen them reference stuff like "Critical" which isn't a tag currently, and like on boots for example tailwind and elusive are the only logical crit mods. Also cast on crit is the only logical crit prefix on shaper 2h, and several nice mods as the only reasonable crit suffixes on various influenced chests.

But that all just seems so incredibly busted power creep wise so who knows.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm angry that they're adding a 13th oil, because 12 used to fit perfectly in a stash tab.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gently caress im havin a real hard time deciding between BL/Arc mines and trickster TR.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So, for all the various explode when they die methods like impulsas or the chest craft or the new warcry, I've never really understood why they're so valuable. How is doing 3% of a mob's life in damage anything at all? It pops and all the ones nearby are still at 97% health? I guess this means it must take your generic increased damage from passives and whatever in to account, but even so I can't see you pumping it up much beyond 20%ish, which still doesn't seem like a lot so I'm clearly misunderstanding something.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

So, for all the various explode when they die methods like impulsas or the chest craft or the new warcry, I've never really understood why they're so valuable. How is doing 3% of a mob's life in damage anything at all? It pops and all the ones nearby are still at 97% health? I guess this means it must take your generic increased damage from passives and whatever in to account, but even so I can't see you pumping it up much beyond 20%ish, which still doesn't seem like a lot so I'm clearly misunderstanding something.

I think it's more of, how it chains. The other mobs aren't at 97%. You threw an ability that killed 3-4 mobs, and left a bunch at 5-20%. Those 3-4 mobs all do 3%, which kills a few more, those each do another 3% and it finishes off the rest of the pack.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You clear packs with those explosions. How the math works, I have no clue but the entire pack explodes when you kill one.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Pretty sure it scales off global phys and that it can crit as well.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
There's always some variance in the amount of damage you deal to monsters. I always just assumed that the explosions kill the ones in the pack that got lower damage rolls.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

3% is the base then you add all the scaling modifiers that juice it up

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah you can see in mathils build here from a week ago in the first few minutes, with an explode chest and HoA entire screens explode when he hits one dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RouB5aPJAr4

edit: lmao when he pops the legion at like 1:45 the entire loving game freezes from the chain explosion

queeb fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 17, 2020

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Pob fork is updated.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

queeb posted:

gently caress im havin a real hard time deciding between BL/Arc mines and trickster TR.

Time to start Dice Living

https://www.random.org/dice/

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I'm still not convinced the clear speed increases from on-death explosions aren't mostly placebo. Scaling the damage is hard and physical explosions should get almost nullified by armor. The old elementalist herald of ice chaining was something else though.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Someone tell me what to do, I don’t wanna be a shadow again, or use cyclone

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Hyaon Raider

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

I think just wait a couple days and all the streamers will be out with their starter builds and then choose one.

That's what I'm gonna do at least because gently caress if I know.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Glacial Cascade/purifying flame/wave of conviction spellslinger Inquisitor.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jay Rust posted:

Ok wait for it, assassin cyclone.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mercrom posted:

I'm still not convinced the clear speed increases from on-death explosions aren't mostly placebo. Scaling the damage is hard and physical explosions should get almost nullified by armor. The old elementalist herald of ice chaining was something else though.

It is not a placebo, it is the only thing that makes blade vortex clearing so smooth.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Thinking either bow glad or saboteur for safe SSF starts

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does the chest explode show up in the character sheet ?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mercrom posted:

It's very much not placebo, things die outside your regular range depending on what you're using.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

euphronius posted:

Does the chest explode show up in the character sheet ?

No

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Jay Rust posted:

Lacerate bleed glad, bow bleed glad, hiero totems, dom blow/herald of purity guardian and vortex occultist are still good and available. Any variation on Necro minions is really strong as well.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Is it a mistake to focus on making a starter build that requires no specific items during a league where the stated goal is to make crafting super easy early on? Apparently Chris said on a stream that the goal with harvest is to break the game with easy crafting so they can learn how to improve POE2, and that they want to push the limits on what can be crafted. If that's true then maybe starting something with a bit higher requirements makes sense.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Filthy Monkey posted:

I do like the rage changes on the tree. Losing rage 60% more slowly and 15 extra rage will be a big deal.

We really need to see the skill gem info on the warcries first. In particular, the use time and cooldowns.

I am not sure how sold I am on the warcry exertion stuff currently. Exerting four slams isn't a big deal, especially if you are doing it at non-instant speed. One thing some people don't realize is how bad melee can feel with slow attack speeds. You need significant attack speed for things to feel smooth and fun to play. Seriously. Slow melee is awful, especially when you aren't playing cyclone. If you are burning your exerted attacks in less than a second, is the time spent to perform the warcry worthwhile?

My hunch right now is that investing into warcry passives is a poor use of points outside of call to arms for instant use.

Slow melee feels better when it clears the entire screen in one hit. Ice crash, earthquake, sweep were the main ones prior to this patch that I found slow attacks tolerable with because they had big 360 aoe. Not clear if fist of war and the other changes will be enough to add to that group. Also really helps to have good non-attack movement skills like dash available so you don't have your mobility penalized by your attack speed.

For my specific slow 2h gimmick build I'm hoping that the bone nova from uul-netol's embrace can be amped enough that I can just leap slam around and use it for clearing.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Before they killed stat sticks my cheap league starter was bringer of rain blade flurry with an offhand that had "Enemies Killed with Attack or Spell Hits Explode, dealing 5% of their Life as Fire Damage". Just by having that in the offhand you could use blade flurry for clear just fine. It makes a big difference even though it seems minor. Still recommend grabbing the cheapest one hand with that mod to anyone running BV chieftain when they get to maps before they go bow.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Crafting that mod on a shaper (mace?) is one of the cheapest way to start a bv character that isn't a posion bv assassin.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm also torn between BL Miner and Icestorm Scion.

I've never played a scion before, but I am concerned about my ability to get a Whispering Ice on day 1, and what I'd level with to get there. I'd probably just do something with mines anyway until BA and chaos recipe for an hour or two to buy the cards for the staff, but even then I'm not sure. PathofMatth seems pretty sure on his adjustments to the BL miner so that's probably a very safe start. I'm also considering TR Trickster, but that's a distant 3rd.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

Is it a mistake to focus on making a starter build that requires no specific items during a league where the stated goal is to make crafting super easy early on? Apparently Chris said on a stream that the goal with harvest is to break the game with easy crafting so they can learn how to improve POE2, and that they want to push the limits on what can be crafted. If that's true then maybe starting something with a bit higher requirements makes sense.

I wouldn't, because you can always scale up. Making something that isn't really fun or functional without specific items as a league starter is not a good idea unless you have a very determined way to get those items.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

looks like a bunch of mine nodes got hit as well

ignore the born in the shadows thing tho, that was a bug, its still there

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I do not know if I want to make Life or CI arc/bl miner. CI will make stacking ES easier, but rushing with Life is much easier.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

queeb posted:

looks like a bunch of mine nodes got hit as well

ignore the born in the shadows thing tho, that was a bug, its still there

Has this been confirmed as accurate rather than just bad JSON like Born in the Shadows? I am hoping there was a whole 'Sabo nerf' revision that was accidentally included in the JSON but won't be going live.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
I haven't gone over the mine nodes, but some trap nodes were nerfed slightly and others were buffed too. I don't know if that's all the mine nodes on the tree because mines suck (trap gang) but I wouldn't be surprised if some were buffed too, and the redditer who made that image is just being disingenuous. Every crit node was nerfed also.

This was also in the patch notes anyway. They specifically said every cluster had been improved or nerfed in some way because someone were clearly more efficient and better than others.

quote:

We also wanted to reduce the power of some clusters that were overly efficient, and increase the power of clusters that were inefficient. Ultimately, the passive skill tree should provide more interesting choices regardless of your build.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
They did say they were going to lower crit multi values across the board, so I'd imagine those ones are real.