Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I am very curious what the Trump spawn will do after daddy is out of office, and especially after he leaves this mortal coil. I'd love to see any of them make a political run and lose in the primaries at any level.

I expect them all to go the Sarah Palin route. Use the right wing grift machine for a few years before falling off the face of the earth. I would prefer utter humiliation, but I just don’t see that happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My wife and I gave our table to a recommended handyman for resurfacing in January who just straight up fell off the face of the earth. We've since given up on ever getting that table back and bought a new one.

We were googling him to try to find an address or anything to find him by (his number disconnected) and he was a loving cop who killed a guy then got fired for a DUI in his cop car like a decade ago so I guess things could have gone worse

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

In the replies:
https://twitter.com/adam_barrow_us/status/1273291194223800323

:eyepop:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

UNLV changing their mascot "Hey Reb"

LV? wouldn't that be Las Vegas?

Yep.

And the mascot's a....

yep.

That's weird as hell, when did they do that?

What'd they change the mascot from?

Beauregard the wolf

Why'd they change that?

Looked too much like a confederate

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

After all the pics that have come through I'm interested in getting into the smoking meats hobby.

Can anyone recommend a smoker that is in the range of 300$?

I saw a Weber one at home depot that caught my eye, but, I figured I would ask here first.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

OxySnake posted:

After all the pics that have come through I'm interested in getting into the smoking meats hobby.

I saw a Weber one at home depot that caught my eye, but, I figured I would ask here first.

Weber Smokey Mountain.

Google the Minion Method. Use sand in water tray instead of water—tougher to dial but retains heat longer.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

OxySnake posted:

Come to the smoking thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3460953

Electric, pellet, or charcoal?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

OxySnake posted:

Weber Smokey Mountain at that price range.

If you go a little higher Old Country BBQ Pits are available at Academy Sports and are generally made of thicker steel, which adds significant weight, but holds head better.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The WSM is the best drat smoker, I used one for years before getting my Traeger. The latter is better for a busy, working man who can’t tend the smoker but nothing beats sitting near to your WSM for an entire day enjoying life

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Back to demon chat:

https://twitter.com/nocontext_bobs/status/1272954845838954497?s=19

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
That drive-thru video is extremely sad, but not for the reason she thinks that it is. When you're trained from the start to have an "us vs the world" mentality no poo poo you're going to assume that everyone is out to get you. And these are the people who are supposed to be keeping the peace? E: Showed it to a friend who pointed out that she probably ordered ahead not out of any sense of pride or bootstrapping, but because then they wouldn't know she was law enforcement until she picked up her order.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I am very curious what the Trump spawn will do after daddy is out of office, and especially after he leaves this mortal coil. I'd love to see any of them make a political run and lose in the primaries at any level.

Don Jr and Ivanka will each make a run at some office; Jr will quickly flame out and slink back to the cable news grift but Ivanka has a better chance of actually winning an election. Eric doesn't have the face for campaigning but I guess has been on TV enough that he just goes there?

I'm super not excited to have the Trump children in the political mix for the next 30-some years. If you thought Meaghan McCain was bad...

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 17, 2020

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://mobile.twitter.com/dickkingsmith/status/1273133000507654145?s=21

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I expect them all to go the Sarah Palin route. Use the right wing grift machine for a few years before falling off the face of the earth. I would prefer utter humiliation, but I just don’t see that happening.

C-Euro posted:

Don Jr and Ivanka will each make a run at some office; Jr will quickly flame out and slink back to the cable news grift but Ivanka has a better chance of actually winning an election. Eric doesn't have the face for campaigning but I guess has been on TV enough that he just goes there?

I'm super not excited to have the Trump children in the political mix for the next 30-some years. If you thought Meaghan McCain was bad...

Both of these are, sadly, probably accurate. If Sr. hasn't been run out of town for being an incompetent boob, I don't know why I'd expect his kids to be.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

listen, i may have freed the elephants from the zoo, but I did not get them addicted to crack! that was their prerogative!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
his first move as the executive of the New York Knicks was to sign an elephant, WHO WAS ON CRACK

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Old Country BBQ Pits are available at Academy Sports and are generally made of thicker steel, which adds significant weight, but holds head better.

Man this smoking meats thing is more exciting than I thought.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I don’t like seeing the animals caged up, except for the spiders and lizards because that’s good

From way back but I feel like reptiles and insects/arachnids are perfectly happy living in a box as long as they're not hungry.

The elephant thing has been gone over but there are also a whole lot of herd animals that are probably lonely as hell. If you have two zebras that's better than one, but they're still probably not very happy with their lot in life. Also octopuses get hilariously bitchy which is both funny because they are completely beyond your normal person's understanding and because they're really good at trying to escape or failing that just causing trouble, and sad because it proves they're pretty damned smart in some fashion.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kalli posted:

UNLV changing their mascot "Hey Reb"

LV? wouldn't that be Las Vegas?

Yep.

And the mascot's a....

yep.

That's weird as hell, when did they do that?

What'd they change the mascot from?

Beauregard the wolf

Why'd they change that?

Looked too much like a confederate

One of these schools needs to suck it up and just license Admiral Ackbar from Disney

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
My local county zoo was one of the zoos that managed to save red wolves and have begun reintroducing them into the wild. Those wolves love meatballs

Well that's my zoo story.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

this just hit every financial news feed

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1273336075218378753?s=20

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

A second country-gate has hit the presidency.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Old and busted: Russiagate
New and trusted(?): Chinagate

Would these alleged talks have been taking place while the House was putting together their case for impeachment, or does this precede that by a few months?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Also thanks for the input everyone, and for showing me the smoked meat thread.

I'm gonna grab a smoker after work and make the hell out of some meat this weekend.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

Old and busted: Russiagate
New and trusted(?): Chinagate

Would these alleged talks have been taking place while the House was putting together their case for impeachment, or does this precede that by a few months?

I think before, his Senate trial didn't happen until February of this year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

thanks for this info now, john bolton

glad we weren't aware of this until now

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I think before, his Senate trial didn't happen until February of this year.

Holy gently caress, I have no concept of time. I was going to ask if this was before or after Susan Collins said she thought he'd learned his lesson.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Bolton is such a loving piece of poo poo. "STUPID LIBS, LOOKING AT THOSE CRIMES I HELPED HIDE YOU MORONS SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AT THESE CRIMES I HELPED HIDE"

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 17, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Holy gently caress, I have no concept of time. I was going to ask if this was before or after Susan Collins said she thought he'd learned his lesson.

February of 2020 did happen approximately 30 million years ago.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Also thanks for the input everyone, and for showing me the smoked meat thread.

I'm gonna grab a smoker after work and make the hell out of some meat this weekend.

Keep posting your cooks in the smoker thread! I'm especially curious since I've given thought to getting a true smoker.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Ehud posted:

thanks for this info now, john bolton

glad we weren't aware of this until now

This is what gets me about every time a book drops with bombshells like this. John Bolton sat through the entire impeachment knowing this, but wouldn't say poo poo until he could personally profit off of it.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Keep posting your cooks in the smoker thread! I'm especially curious since I've given thought to getting a true smoker.

Dont worry I'm gonna double post them as I go (here and the smoke thread) I cannot wait to get even decent at this.

I wonder how possible it is to smoke in the middle of a MN winter.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

OxySnake posted:

Dont worry I'm gonna double post them as I go (here and the smoke thread) I cannot wait to get even decent at this.

You need a thicker smoker than a WSM for that, I would imagine. Thicker and line the chamber with bricks or sand. Get an oven gasket to seal the lid better. You can even get a big heat resistant blanket to lay over top.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

This is what gets me about every time a book drops with bombshells like this. John Bolton sat through the entire impeachment knowing this, but wouldn't say poo poo until he could personally profit off of it.

Bolton was being really coy about it wasn’t he? Like asking congress to subpoena him, but also waiting for the courts to decide if he had to testify or not?

Not sure what Dems even so with this info. I guess drag him in front of congress and make him swear and oath. Not really worth going through impeachment proceedings again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I mean this is obvious and everyone knows it, but in the end the grift is more important than serving your country for these guys.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Remember how after Trump was elected the tv show Veep had to keep making poo poo more and more ridiculous to stay ahead of the curve, this literally happened in Veep.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

OxySnake posted:

Get a Kamado Joe.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

OxySnake posted:

I use my smoker throughout the winter in Wisconsin well into single digit temps, but I'm using an ugly drum smoker that has thicker walls and a heater meter that self regulates everything, which is a huge advantage

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

OxySnake posted:

:hmmyes: Post the artisanal smoked meats.

I wouldn't dream of trying to use ours in the winter, but it's like worst-case where it's way out on the deck with no wind breaks and a super-thin/leaky drum smoker.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Yeah that all makes sense.

I guess I'll have to dial it in over the next 4-5 months

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Jacob Wohl has done it again

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1273343746797719552

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Jacob Wohl is just getting tiresome at this point