Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do we finish this season
Award the title now
No title at all
Playoff tournament
Finish the season at a later date
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed
View Results

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ahahaha what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Ahahaha what the gently caress

Lovren is not only bad at football but he's a weirdo anti-vaxxer.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Athletes are dumb who would have thought.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
It's crazy to me that people are ok with starting the competition using one set of rules and then deciding a winner using a completely different set of rules

Now if you will excuse me I have to re-watch Chelsea's penalty shoot victory over Bayern

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

It's crazy to me that people are ok with starting the competition using one set of rules and then deciding a winner using a completely different set of rules

Now if you will excuse me I have to re-watch Chelsea's penalty shoot victory over Bayern

It's almost like there was a global pandemic in between those two decisions.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

your friend wicka posted:

It's almost like there was a global pandemic in between those two decisions.

I think that was a joke about how people are fine deciding the winner of a match with a penalty shootout even though it bears so little resemblance to the actual game of football that came before it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

vyelkin posted:

I think that was a joke about how people are fine deciding the winner of a match with a penalty shootout even though it bears so little resemblance to the actual game of football that came before it.

Yeah uh my post was a joke too, I definitely got the joke and am not dumb as rocks.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bersant Celina is a flat-earther conspiracy nut as well.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/davdbest/status/1263087671406100481

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

your friend wicka posted:

Yeah uh my post was a joke too, I definitely got the joke and am not dumb as rocks.

Could you explain the joke? I'm not dumb either.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Could you explain the joke?

They used to be called Woolwich Arsenal and word has it they bribed their way out of relegation

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-clubs-agree-points-22104672

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

All results from round 4 of covid tests came back negative. Over 1100 tests.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at giving the players their own ice to take home to stick in their bath

https://twitter.com/5liveSport/status/1267901004424654848?s=20

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Iirc the Bundesliga hasnt seen an increase in injuries right?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Iirc the Bundesliga hasnt seen an increase in injuries right?

250% increase

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

250% increase

Source?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Athletic podcast with a physio about a week ago, but here's the same thing in the mail https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8365097/What-lessons-Premier-League-learned-return-Germanys-Bundesliga.html

quote:

In the first two rounds of games back, the injury rate of 0.27 per game more than tripled to 0.88 per game, or a rise approaching 250 per cent, according to Australia-based sports scientist Dr Joel Mason.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Interesting, thanks.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
black lives matter, anyway here's a daily mail link

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

oliwan posted:

black lives matter, anyway here's a daily mail link

Yeah gotta agree here. Please only post links to that poo poo if it's the only place with the information.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is the analysis from the physio who was quoted by The Athletic and that shittier outlet: https://www.trackademicblog.com/blog/bundesligablueprint

And he wrote a follow-up: https://www.trackademicblog.com/blog/thesnapshotbecomesastory

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Spurs have had a positive Corona virus test.

Of course it had to be Spurs. The one positive thing to occur in their recent history

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
American goons FYI, ESPN has signed a deal to show Saprissa matches on their networks, tonight's game is on ESPN2 right now.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
CR league is pretty good to watch, I think? The 2 matches I've watched so far have been more entertaining than your random CONCACAF CL match up.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Absolute lol

In the Vanarama National League North, the season was abandoned with York top. Kings Lynn in second had two games in hand came into poor form.

It's been announced today as part of the proposal put forward to the league, we have finished second on PPG (0.06 points behind KL) and because of government legislation, there can be no play offs for sids 2nd to 7th. Whilst usually four are relegated from the division above (two come to North, two go to South), the league has decided to just relegate one in total, and promote the two leaders of North and South based on PPG.

Long and short, we have been in the top two all season, finished the season first, miss out of promotion because Kings Lynn played fewer games to us due to a cup run, and we don't even get to try to get promoted by playoffs. We are literally top of the league right now, and we will not be promoted.

gently caress off.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

britishbornandbread posted:

Absolute lol

In the Vanarama National League North, the season was abandoned with York top. Kings Lynn in second had two games in hand came into poor form.

It's been announced today as part of the proposal put forward to the league, we have finished second on PPG (0.06 points behind KL) and because of government legislation, there can be no play offs for sids 2nd to 7th. Whilst usually four are relegated from the division above (two come to North, two go to South), the league has decided to just relegate one in total, and promote the two leaders of North and South based on PPG.

Long and short, we have been in the top two all season, finished the season first, miss out of promotion because Kings Lynn played fewer games to us due to a cup run, and we don't even get to try to get promoted by playoffs. We are literally top of the league right now, and we will not be promoted.

gently caress off.

Owned

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

britishbornandbread posted:

Absolute lol

gently caress off.

That's fuckin shite

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
big fan of this

https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/1273250480886476801

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

That's cool. Can't wait to here the bitching when a favourite goes out to a lucky last minute winner

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
So the main national leagues will only be able to restart in September and also be expected to finish before June for the Euros while allowing extra international matches to sort out qualification for Euros plus nations league?

Having a two week CL tournament sounds cool though.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Someone made a good point the other day about Klopp should start resting main guys as soon as possible. The other top teams are going to be battling right to the end for European qualification and if City are also involved in this mini CL comp their summer is going to be rammed.

Now if City are banned from the CL next season their main focus will be the league but if Liverpool can go in with a fresher squad it will give them a huge advantage in defending.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Getting the excuses in early for failing to beat the points record I see.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

Pretty much.

If we even get a chance to play all the matches

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I like this, happy to do without the away goals crap

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vegetable posted:

I like this, happy to do without the away goals crap

I mean. They would have to as away goals only work over two legs. And it makes no sense as the whole point of them is so the away team doesn't just dig in for a draw all the time.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

I mean. They would have to as away goals only work over two legs. And it makes no sense as the whole point of them is so the away team doesn't just dig in for a draw all the time.

I think that's what Vegetable was implying

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I get the argument against away goals, but I really like them. I know they can ruin a tie, but I love the situation where 1 goal turns a tie completely on it's head. It might be because of how great two leg games are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Mickolution posted:

I get the argument against away goals, but I really like them. I know they can ruin a tie, but I love the situation where 1 goal turns a tie completely on it's head. It might be because of how great two leg games are.

They are good in 2 leg games. But they also should only apply during regular time not extra time.