Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Anthony was the one who discovered the Tic-tocs were robots. This is where I would have put a link to the page, but I don't actually remember when we learned that.

I don't think that's true. The entirety of the tic toc presence in the comic was long before Anthony returned and I don't remember anyone mentioning anything about him when discussing them. Annie herself found out they were robots when she cut open the one that saved her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Gah I don't know why I think this is true. There isn't any reference to it on either Anthony's page in the wiki or the tic-toc page. My recollection was that Anthony first discovered that the tic-tocs were robots before he left the Court with Surma. It would have been reveled in a story about Anthony before he actually came back, but after Annie herself discovered it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the first time we learned the tictocs were robots was when one broke when annie went off the bridge

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Gah I don't know why I think this is true. There isn't any reference to it on either Anthony's page in the wiki or the tic-toc page. My recollection was that Anthony first discovered that the tic-tocs were robots before he left the Court with Surma. It would have been reveled in a story about Anthony before he actually came back, but after Annie herself discovered it.

I'm afraid your brain has invented this

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

we live in the Berenstein Court timeline

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Gunnerkraig Court, you mean, right? :colbert:

Also, I liked this exchange on r/gunnerkrigg's discussion of today's comic:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's actually Bobby, obviously.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

They did have a difference between them for a while/a chapter or two, but when they sorted out their animosity they also filled each other in on what happened and so we got this sort of "merge" of experience.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm afraid your brain has invented this

Maybe they're from the time line that the Annies were taken from. :flashfact:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It could be, you know, Kat's parents, also pretty big scientists themselves.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Macaluso posted:

Sorry for being dumb, why are people assuming it's Anthony? Was there a page I forgot where he talked about the birds?

Isn't that last panel where he's been staying?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if Anthony is going to freak the gently caress out when he realises just how far Kat has delved and how ridiculous things are going to get.

Especially when she's like 'oh I was told this by the arbiter of possession one of the underlying beings administering the universe no biggie Annie and I see things like that all the time oh what's that you lost your hand on a three year quest to try to just talk to a psychopomp?'

I mean he lost his hand to raise the dead, and it may have worked if it continued [For some degree of 'work']. As far as occult journeys into madness go, he swung big at least.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Maybe Annies know how to contact Kat's old bird boyfriend whose name I forget

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

CodfishCartographer posted:

Alistair.

But obviously, it's going to be Shadow.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Saoshyant posted:

Well, it's an Annie idea.

An idea so terrible it took two Annies to come up with.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
It's Boxbot. He was shunned and imprisoned in his current body for meddling in the realms of ornithology and chronology. I think it was covered in one of the side-comics.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

Unless Alistair happens to be the worlds foremost avian materials engineer, I'm not sure how that'll help.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
When Annie looked at each other, she had a sudden idea: "Ask future Kat to come over and help you built time travel! After all, she already figured it out. You could write her a letter, or something like that."

Kat would just sort of fall over from that suggestion.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 17, 2020

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Sorry for being dumb, why are people assuming it's Anthony? Was there a page I forgot where he talked about the birds?

He knows and likes Kat, he has complementary expertise to hers in superscience, and anyone else who fits that description Kat would know way better than Annie does so this conversation wouldn't make sense.

Also if that building in the last panel isn't his current house, it's definitely in the neighborhood (similar style and near the water)

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

fractalairduct posted:

Isn't that last panel where he's been staying?

Yeah I was going to say it's an exterior shot of his house, and was going to compliment Tom on a nice subtle transition.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Maybe it's Jack?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, way to subvert expectations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Samuringa posted:

Congratulations

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
That was probably the best choice, though it probably won't make the conversation any less awkward:

"Hey mom, you know those robot birds the Court has been trying to get their hands on? Yeah, I built them."

"No, it's not a replica, an alternate timeline version of myself sent them back in time to save Annie when she fell off the bridge."

"No, the forgotten god Saslamel confirmed that Annie isn't supposed to exist when we had to renegotiate the etheric contract between her and Reynard."

"Oh, I needed to use the contract to transfer the minds of the court robots into biological bodies to restore them to sentience."

"I based the mind transference on etheric readings I took from the artifact Diego used to trap the soul of the ghost of the Annan Waters, which we recovered when we freed the ghost."

By the end of it I bet Anja has the same expression as Annie after Jones tells her about her history.

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jun 19, 2020

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Oh right, the person who asked Ysengrin if they could study the tic-toc he found

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Samuringa posted:

Now do the lottery!

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
"mom I think I accidentally created a time paradox"

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

"Mom, I think I'm a time traveling etheric robot god and also a lesbian."

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Tenebrais posted:

Oh right, the person who asked Ysengrin if they could study the tic-toc he found

:vince:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Inglonias posted:

"Mom, I think I'm a time traveling etheric robot god and also a lesbian."

Now Kat, what did I tell you about playing with temporal causality again?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Thirteen YEARS ago. Hell of a gun on the mantle.

EDIT:
Haha hot drat I forgot how savage Renard is a few pages further.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 19, 2020

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Kikas posted:

EDIT:

Tom's mantel is more like an armory.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kikas posted:

EDIT:

The man who snickers at the "terrifying skills of gardening" line is the court's gardener. You know, from that chapter with the laser cows.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

The man who snickers at the "terrifying skills of gardening" line is the court's gardener. You know, from that chapter with the laser cows.

Oh heck i never connected the dots, you're right.
A trip every time.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I miss the laser cows.

In fact, I miss whimsical chapters like that, in general.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
poo poo is always real now that there are two Annies.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

next chapter: idra gets a proper hair cut!

the chapter after that: a nuclear bomb is headed towards the forest, can the annies stop it before loup decides to launch it elsewhere

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Now, I DO want another Dr. Disaster chapter, so there's that.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Mom is going to have a strange day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

DO RE MI