Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Epsilon Plus posted:

actually you'll find that we've found the corpse and have attached high-strength fishing line to several points to create a grisly marionette
The other end of the strings are attached to Discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jamuraan posted:

SA mafia is dead and rotting in a ditch somewhere.

Please don't invite me back for anymore games.

:wave:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

What even happened??

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Looks like merk convinced the town to execute him. Tbh I'd quit too if that ever happened to me

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If you quit Mafia forever over getting mis-executed, the game isn't the issue at hand.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Yeah game feels the same to me :shobon:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

MAFIA IS loving DEAD

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I missed most of you jerks fwiw

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Would anyone be willing to help me workshop an idea I had for a game? I have a flavour heavy idea that I want to write stuff for, but I don't know what roles are feasible and won't result in the game being decided before everyone gets a chance to be mean to each other.

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 17, 2020

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ilmucche posted:

Would anyone be willing to help me workshop an idea I had for a game? I have a flavour heavy idea that I want to write stuff for, but I don't know what roles are feasible and won't result in the game being decided before everyone gets a chance to be mean to each other.

I'm your huckleberry

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm your huckleberry

Cool, will pm you!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Any new games going up soon, I just got finished in Amnistar's ridiculously unbalanced game...

Edit: Really fun, but unbalanced nonetheless

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Scientastic posted:

Any new games going up soon, I just got finished in Amnistar's ridiculously unbalanced game...

It really was!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I'm in on Cuomo Time, after playing three relatively big games in a row after a five year hiatus, I need something smaller...

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Hi I have a 15 player game setup but can’t figure out flavor for it if you’re interested

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
why bother, mafia is a mouldering corpse left to rot, unburied and unrespected

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Back in my day they respected the game. They were professionals. Now they’re just a bunch of trigger happy thugs.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
bury mafia next to ronald reagan so I can piss on both graves in one go

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's been a mouldering corpse as long as I've been here, you just get used to the smell.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Epsilon Plus posted:

bury mafia next to ronald reagan so I can piss on both graves in one go

now this is the kinda fanfiction I'm here for

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Retro Futurist posted:

It's been a mouldering corpse as long as I've been here, you just get used to the smell.

And sometimes you snuggle up to it and breathe deep.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

If mafia's so dead how come there's a championship, huh????????????

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Podima posted:

If you quit Mafia forever over getting mis-executed, the game isn't the issue at hand.

Cute little jab, not gonna miss you one bit.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Ps I don't care about getting mislynched, not a problem at all. It's the consistent lack of logic and rational thought by players. I thought SA was supposed to be full of intelligent players, but it turns out half of y'all are mindless buffoons. =]

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jamuraan posted:

Ps I don't care about getting mislynched, not a problem at all. It's the consistent lack of logic and rational thought by players. I thought SA was supposed to be full of intelligent players, but it turns out half of y'all are mindless buffoons. =]

That's always been mafia though

Some people care and make good cases. Others sign up to never post again

The only thing that's changed is the overall timber of discourse. It's much less offensive

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jamuraan posted:

I'm sorry you're so mad over a party game on the internet. You'll likely be happier not playing anymore, I agree. Best to unbookmark this thread so you don't have to care about what people are saying about you, since you're leaving it all behind. Best wishes!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Jamuraan posted:

Are you sure you’re not mad about losing? It’s okay to be upset about how frustrating Mafia can be sometimes. Give yourself a couple days, you might calm down.

Because the alternative here is that you’re just being an aggressive and arrogant intellectual elitist.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

PMush Perfect posted:

Are you sure you’re not mad about losing? It’s okay to be upset about how frustrating Mafia can be sometimes. Give yourself a couple days, you might calm down.

Because the alternative here is that you’re just being an aggressive and arrogant intellectual elitist.

Yeah I lose all the time, not mad about losing. Disappointed in a group that 3 games in a row is getting swept by scum because the players are dumb.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Podima posted:

I'm sorry you're so mad over a party game on the internet. You'll likely be happier not playing anymore, I agree. Best to unbookmark this thread so you don't have to care about what people are saying about you, since you're leaving it all behind. Best wishes!

See the =] was because I'm not mad. Its a smiley emote. But see, this complete lack of logic is why I don't want to play with players like you!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

PMush Perfect posted:

This is more correct than "Jam mad jam bad"
I come here because I value SA as an intellectual community. But apparently I was wrong!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Jamuraan posted:

See the =] was because I'm not mad. Its a smiley emote. But see, this complete lack of logic is why I don't want to play with players like you!

smileys are definitely never used sarcastically, especially when reading them in context :rolleyes:

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

kumba posted:

smileys are definitely never used sarcastically, especially when reading them in context :rolleyes:

If you interpret every thing as sarcasm, I'm sorry.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Jamuraan posted:

I come here because I value SA as an intellectual community. But apparently I was wrong!

I have never, not once, thought to myself, man Goons are an intellectual community.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Jamuraan posted:

Have you read the forums before

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
perhaps you are constructing your posts poorly given that they are being consistently misinterpreted even outside of games

be the change you wish to see in the world, or don't i guess

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Amnistar posted:

I have never, not once, thought to myself, man Goons are an intellectual community.

Based on my half-remembered experience on a bunch of other sites, goons are...probably above-average in terms of intellectual rigor as far as mafia goes

but until you all learn to love open setup, no flip games as I do, you will never grow as a people, imo

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm confused why he's still responding if he's left this community behind for greener pastures. Is he just posting in bad faith now, or is there more to it?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Real contribution: we all get mad at mafia games sometimes when we lose, but part of being like “I thought people here were better than this” is acknowledging that you failed half of mafia as a game which is presenting your case in a form that meets the satisfaction and acceptance of your fellow players. If you play mafia the same every game and don’t adjust your argumentative strategy for the personalities you are interacting with (which can be done even if it’s someone’s first game) then that’s on you.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

Real contribution: we all get mad at mafia games sometimes when we lose, but part of being like “I thought people here were better than this” is acknowledging that you failed half of mafia as a game which is presenting your case in a form that meets the satisfaction and acceptance of your fellow players.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Kashuno posted:

Real contribution: we all get mad at mafia games sometimes when we lose, but part of being like “I thought people here were better than this” is acknowledging that you failed half of mafia as a game which is presenting your case in a form that meets the satisfaction and acceptance of your fellow players. If you play mafia the same every game and don’t adjust your argumentative strategy for the personalities you are interacting with (which can be done even if it’s someone’s first game) then that’s on you.

That sounds like a lot of work

I will just continue to get heat for being inherently scummy until you all adapt at which point I can use that for a free pass as scum before it becomes a null tell