Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I had not had pizza in a very long time so I went to my trusty authentic italian pizza place and stumbled across a pizza that I took as a joke. Still ordered it. The delivery guy had a look of contempt and pity, but maybe I just imagined that.

Can you guess what that is?

goat cream cheese
mozzarella
asparagus
figs
thyme
honey (eucalyptus i think)

The most shameful snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

LordSaturn posted:

this has to be north of 1000 calories, maybe 1500 even

nah, it's not really that bad. around 800 calories

id be worried about the saturated fat content, though

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

It's good stuff. I picked up a box at H Mart the other day.

The apple doesn't really register to me, but it makes a nice curry.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
All House curries are very samey to me, but good and quick to prepare.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Antigravitas posted:

I had not had pizza in a very long time so I went to my trusty authentic italian pizza place and stumbled across a pizza that I took as a joke. Still ordered it. The delivery guy had a look of contempt and pity, but maybe I just imagined that.

goat cream cheese
mozzarella
asparagus
figs
thyme

The most shameful snipe.

If you are the one who cut that little piece out of the middle you deserve to be loving permabanned

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Goat cheese is good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

boar guy posted:

nah, it's not really that bad. around 800 calories

id be worried about the saturated fat content, though

You imagine they are eating one "serving" of each thing?

The total calories in those packages is 1400

Which I guess is fine if that is your only meal that day but let's be honest here

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Everything is one serving if you try

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

fizzymercy posted:

I make this with chicken stock and 7-up when I'm sick and can't keep food down. It's something my family has done for forever and I didn't know it was weird until I was an adult. I thought it was a normal cure-all. I've made it with bovril and diet orange soda too.

I can kinda see this is a get-well beverage. You're probably better off skipping the ginger ale and making a gingery broth if you''re making it for someone else. If you're sick and can't keep anything down, this will get calories and something resembling nutrition into you with minimal effort.

LadyPictureShow posted:

The apple doesn't really register to me, but it makes a nice curry.

Apple can work in a curry, it goes pretty well with turmeric, especially green apples. Honey is an excellent way to add sweetness to a curry. On the whole, this isn't the worst flavor combo in a curry mix.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
today's lunch:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Plinkey posted:

today's lunch:

wrong thread

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Plinkey posted:

today's lunch:

I see you're a person of refined taste.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

that stuff may look like diarrhea, but it's good.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

These are good, "hot" in this case is not at all hot (at least to me), but they have a nice flavor

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I could put this away after a morning clearing up from a heavy snow storm. Several hours of clearing still-falling snow and finally unblocking the driveway only to have that bastard in the plow fill it back in, you work up an appetite. Used to go to a horrible local greasy spoon that's been there for a hundred years, but I moved far enough away from there for it to be too much hassle.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

that stuff may look like diarrhea, but it's good.

Gotta GO fast, otherwise I'm leaving a blue streak in this chair.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Plinkey posted:

today's lunch:

Hell yeah Zapp's

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Antigravitas posted:

goat cream cheese
mozzarella
asparagus
figs
thyme

The most shameful snipe.

I was onboard until the asparagus - just loving why?! Put some arugula on after it comes out of the oven.

Also,

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

If you are the one who cut that little piece out of the middle you deserve to be loving permabanned

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

I really would eat the gently caress out of a maple curry, though.

Seriously, within 5 seconds of reading that I started making plans for some maple curry.

Code Jockey posted:

These are good, "hot" in this case is not at all hot (at least to me), but they have a nice flavor

When it comes to Japanese curry mixes "hot" means there might be some tiny amount of heat lurking around the edge of perceptibility. Medium and mild are the same thing in different boxes.

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Jun 17, 2020

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Mr.Radar posted:

I was reading an article about how Aunt Jemima is racist and in the middle of it was an ad from 1955 featuring this:

Why???

Also a 'would' here, tho it definitely falls in the depression-food category as the lowest-effort simulacra of an indulgent concept.

Totally unrelatedly, lately i've been on a big kick of mixing a little Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce into my pancake batter and then topping with scallions that have lightly charred right in the same pan; it's good as hell

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Code Jockey posted:

A teaspoon of chilli paste and a splash of fish sauce adds a lot but these curry blocks are amazing. I make Japanese curry at least once a week using the hot flavour.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Antigravitas posted:

goat cream cheese
mozzarella
asparagus
figs
thyme

The most shameful snipe.
How'd they gently caress that up? The mozz? A place by me serves a pizza with sliced pear, goat cheese, white truffle oil, fig jam and arugula topped with a balsamic honey glaze; it's outstanding. A place in Toronto has one with mascarpone, prosciutto, figs, shaved grana padano, honey, and arugula; also delicious. The asparagus might throw it off, but I don't see how it would make it that bad.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

cyberia posted:

A teaspoon of chilli paste and a splash of fish sauce adds a lot but these curry blocks are amazing. I make Japanese curry at least once a week using the hot flavour.

Thai curry or gtfo. I've never had the block stuff that I liked without having to heavily mess with it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Plinkey posted:

today's lunch:

My local grocery started carrying Zapp's here in Colorado. They have every kind but these, and they're by far my favorite :smith:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Hell yeah Zapp's

Ok, favorite Zapp's flavor GO:

Voodoo!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

Ok, favorite Zapp's flavor GO:

Voodoo!

I've only been able to find Voodoo, so it's Voodoo by default :shrug:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The eternal shame of my marriage is my favorite Zapps are plain but when we were dating I bought hotter than hot which is my favorite sometimes Zapps and now my wife will only buy me hotter than hot and I don't have the heart to tell her. It's ok now because all potato chips are only sometimes chips though.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I've only been able to find Voodoo, so it's Voodoo by default :shrug:

Yeah around here it's mostly crawtators, voodoo, and salt vinegar

I've never seen sourcream and creole onion before

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/docmarvy/status/1273108785171763202

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

d3lness posted:

Thai curry or gtfo. I've never had the block stuff that I liked without having to heavily mess with it.

Thai curry is great when I want something bold and spicy and is in regular rotation on my menu but Japanese curry is both comfort food and a good way for me to use up any veggies that are starting to wilt at the end of the week.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
japanese curry is more british than british curry, because the brits got some indian curry when they stopped colonizing india

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
zapps voodoo is the best tater chip ever.

ooh, just found out there's a new zapps flavor. spooky.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Sonic curry makes you poo poo blue

Captain crunch syrup makes you piss blue.

uber_stoat posted:

I need this in my life.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

uber_stoat posted:

Any idea what flavor 'Evil Eye' entails?

I looked it up, and the description didn't tell me much.

quote:

Zapp's Evil Eye Kettle Style Potato Chips are subtle with mild heat, yet bursting with flavor.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Any idea what flavor 'Evil Eye' entails?

I looked it up, and the description didn't tell me much.

Reviews say it's like spicy ketchup (wataburger ketchup), with notes of onion, and "cajun spice."

https://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2020/02/25/zapps-evil-eye-potato-chips-review/

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Jesus Crust?

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Speaking of interesting chip flavors—

Beef, ham, bread, and ketchup all now in convenient potato chip form!

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Speaking of interesting chip flavors—

Beef, ham, bread, and ketchup all now in convenient potato chip form!

There is as much Canadian in that burger as there is Hawai'ian in the pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Reviews say it's like spicy ketchup (wataburger ketchup), with notes of onion, and "cajun spice."

https://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2020/02/25/zapps-evil-eye-potato-chips-review/

Spicy ketchup chips sound like my jam.