Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I was. Whenever I would try abouit 90% of the time itd just search endlessly. And most of the time I tried joining ones that popped up on the feed it'd say they're no longer available.

That just means no one joined your raid, it's not that it's broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

protip if you're dumb like me: there's a whistle button that you can use to catch emolga.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

RatHat posted:

Are you sure you're online? I've never had issues with people joining raids.

EDIT: Oh my god you can get Safari balls from the Cram-o-matic.

Correct.
https://twitter.com/FrostRotom/status/1273391291712204801 https://twitter.com/FrostRotom/status/1273392559939653638

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

What combination of items gets you this?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

What's this in the background of the direct? Espeon? Umbreon? A switch logo.

Calling it right now, next week's announcement will not be the D/P remakes, nor a new Let's Go Game, but rather a remake of the greatest pokemon game ever: Pokemon Coliseum.

Get ready for HD Mirror B bois

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Calling it right now, next week's announcement will not be the D/P remakes, nor a new Let's Go Game, but rather a remake of the greatest pokemon game ever: Pokemon Coliseum.

I would unironically prefer this over the other two options.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Why is Bouffalant so fuckin hard to catch

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

We don't get such nice things in this timeline

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

wuggles posted:

Why is Bouffalant so fuckin hard to catch

Relatively low catch rate of 45.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
drat I do not have the right Pokémon to beat this Zeraora. Also how did iOS know how to spell that word already?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So just to confirm: Pokémon moved from Home don’t add a Dex entry, right?

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Larryb posted:

What combination of items gets you this?
I got it on 4 Black or Yellow Apricorns (forgot which), after three tries, but no guarantees.

Googes
Sep 2, 2006

Not much bro, just dancin on a streetlamp

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So just to confirm: Pokémon moved from Home don’t add a Dex entry, right?

Depositing and withdrawing them will (tediously) register them in the Dex.

EDIT: In the daycare that is, how did I forget that part?

Googes fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 18, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Googes posted:

Sounds like a bug.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Googes posted:

I wonder if trading them to someone then trading them back will too. My boyfriend and I are both trying to fill out our dex, and if we can just swap everything around it may save some time/money.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Homora Gaykemi posted:

We don't get such nice things in this timeline

We literally got Snap 2 today.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

It'll be Bamco's next pokemon game after Snap

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

That'd be amazing!

Though I guess it could also be Let's Go Umbreon and Espeon.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

We literally got Snap 2 today.

Pokemon Snap is no Mirror B. theme, tho

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Why are people so excited for the new Pokemon Snap? It's pretty obvious they're just reusing assets and animation from older games, instead of meticulously building everything from scratch.

Sarcasm, sarcasm, good lord all of the sarcasm.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Nevermind. A nice person with a mudsdale and my Boltund with dig and better NPC trainers got it done.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

dungeon cousin posted:

That'd be amazing!

Though I guess it could also be Let's Go Umbreon and Espeon.

I was thinking Marrill and Togepi, but Espeon and Umbreon would make for better gameplay

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i would be super into lets go umbreon lets go espeon

i'd be so into it i would buy a limited edition umbreon/espeon switch

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Googes posted:

EDIT: In the daycare that is, how did I forget that part?

Oh word? I’ll try this out tonight!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So the DLC only scales to around level 60? All of my party is in their 90s. If the trainers don't scale, then I will wait until Crown Tundra is out and start a new file and pretend it's the Crystal/Emerald/Platinum version.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

wuggles posted:

I was thinking Marrill and Togepi, but Espeon and Umbreon would make for better gameplay

At first I thought Espeon and Umbreon would be too strong as starters in a typical Pokemon campaign, but I guess they could make it story related. Something like: "This Pokemon was abandoned by its former trainer so it has become weak. Show it love, kindness, and friendship and this Pokemon will surely grow strong!"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nanigans posted:

So the DLC only scales to around level 60? All of my party is in their 90s. If the trainers don't scale, then I will wait until Crown Tundra is out and start a new file and pretend it's the Crystal/Emerald/Platinum version.

Don’t bother, the DLC is really short.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nanigans posted:

Pretty much, yeah.

I’m on the second trial now, any tips on navigating the forest and finding the cave you’re supposed to go to?

Also is Crown Tundra the last of the DLC or is there more coming after that?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 18, 2020

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

RatHat posted:

Don’t bother, the DLC is really short.

Even so, the stuff like move tutors and more Pokémon and stuff like apricorn balls will make it fresh enough for a replay a full year after its original release. It's just not enough for right now.

I would start a new file right now, but with Crown Tundra in November, I'd probably feel the same way and I don't think I'll want to start a third file.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Nanigans posted:

You can do what I’m doing and catch some new 60’s out of the train station.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

So I'm confused. Are there no new galar forms in this dlc outside of slowpoke/bro/king and the bird trio?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Yestermoment posted:

So I'm confused. Are there no new galar forms in this dlc outside of slowpoke/bro/king and the bird trio?

Only Slowpoke and Slowbro, Slowking and the birds will be in the 2nd DLC.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wow this poo poo was fun but incredibly loving short. I’m going to reserve most judgement until the 2nd DLC is out and the pass is complete but If this is any indication of how they plan to go about things then this gen was a loving waste of time.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wow this poo poo was fun but incredibly loving short. I’m going to reserve most judgement until the 2nd DLC is out and the pass is complete but If this is any indication of how they plan to go about things then this gen was a loving waste of time.

It would have been nice if the whole game was kinda like this little DLC chunk but a little more cohesive and not as rushed as the main game seemed

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also the performance (while online) in the wild area (aka this whole DLC) continues to be abysmal.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RatHat posted:

That just means no one joined your raid, it's not that it's broken.

I mean...This literally happens almost every time and also something people all over the internet talked about at release.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Good lord, the Sharpedos in the water here. Every bit as aggressive as the lore says they should be, holy *gently caress*, hahahaha!

Watch one charging toward me, start to laugh as it hits the Dynamax den and disappears, only for another one to blindside me from the left half a second later and interrupt my thought. "Ha-HAH! gently caress you, Sharpe-OH GOD DAMMIT ANOTHER ONE"

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The DLC is basically a second, larger and more intricate Wild Area. The quest line is short - don't go in expecting a whole second campaign or anything.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If you're coming into this from a fresh file, does your Kubfu need to be 60-70 to do the Tower training? I threw it in my party and did not expect the level jump to be that high lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

If you're coming into this from a fresh file, does your Kubfu need to be 60-70 to do the Tower training? I threw it in my party and did not expect the level jump to be that high lol

I cranked mine up to 100 right away because I'm sitting on a mountain of candy, but I think they mentioned level 70 at the door