Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

duz posted:

Right and if the pandemic is preventing hands on learning, how is a trade school any different than what he's complaining about?

They aren't talking about during, they're talking about the after-effects, once this is over with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

No more public funds for billionaires, agreed

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fathis Munk posted:

Is that really his point. To me the point is "college makes you useless to society".

It's entirely possible you're right and I'm just projecting my own worldview onto this strip.

I'm just really pro trade schools and technical colleges, ya know? They deserve more respect and so do the people they train. But I need to stop talking about this now because if I continue down this road I'm just going to end up feeling angry about the state of unions in this country and get all depressed and pissed off for the rest of the evening.

...Ronald Reagan ruined everything...

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I gotta be honest: I don't totally disagree with the duck on this one. College has become way too expensive for many people to attend without acquiring crippling debt (which is why we should provide free state colleges like other first world nations) and trade schools teach people with valuable skills and shouldn't be looked down on. I'm pro-education, but education comes in many different forms.

You're reading what you want to read in it, that's why. Drucky Duck's (which Fishman is parroting so I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt) position has always been higher education is ponzi scheme where students pay to learn useless poo poo over and over until they either wise-up and leave, or get enough meaningless pieces of paper that they can join academia and start getting paid to teach useless poo poo themselves.

10 years ago we were all supposed to go get tech jobs, then healthcare, and now it's trade school. The bar just keeps moving along to whatever career hasn't been cratered by outsourcing, low wages, or whatever other factor of unregulated capitalism is eating the economy this week.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jurgan posted:

all-powerful teachers' unions.
Man, imagine if teachers unions actually were powerful and could get public schools the resources they needed.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Knight:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Victorian premier Dan Andrews, Federal ALP leader Anthony Albanese, former ALP leader Bill Shorten (also Victorian).

Zanetti:

I don't know why Zanetti keeps drawing Albanese in a Western Walers guernsey, a charity team in the Sydney Reclink Community Cup that he plays in.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

I've always maintained that charter schools can be good if it's locally controlled to get around county bureaucracy. I've worked in several like that. The problem is that far too many of them are controlled by for-profit corporations, and those tend to be not great.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Close. But give the son a black eye and the cop an SS tattoo.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Camera man: :nyoron:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jurgan posted:

I've always maintained that charter schools can be good if it's locally controlled to get around county bureaucracy. I've worked in several like that. The problem is that far too many of them are controlled by for-profit corporations, and those tend to be not great.

They're a weird combination of cheating to do segregated schools anyway and also grift so yeah it's a terrible terrible system

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

You could probably make an AI that generates Prickly City comics pretty easily.
Load it up with random clipart of the characters, feed it phrases like "the new normal" and "or is it?" and "i see your point" and then get it to talk to itself.
If the resulting text is incredibly repetitive, circular and incoherent, that's actually a plus.

(Don't actually do this, it would require more effort than prickly City receives or deserves)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

GO gently caress YOURSELF

JFC it's goddamn painful how much of a hack Stantis is

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Libra posted:

You could probably make an AI that generates Prickly City comics pretty easily.
Load it up with random clipart of the characters, feed it phrases like "the new normal" and "or is it?" and "i see your point" and then get it to talk to itself.
If the resulting text is incredibly repetitive, circular and incoherent, that's actually a plus.

(Don't actually do this, it would require more effort than prickly City receives or deserves)

Panel 1: “A?” “Not A”

Panel 2: “But what if A?” “But what if not A?”

Panel 3: “If not A, A” “Sigh.”

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What happened to Ann Telnaes?

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

She's still active, just don't know why people aren't sharing her, here's her latest re:the Supreme Court decision

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
Is he saying the cops are an organised criminal gang who can't be defunded because of their hold on the levers of power in local and state politics?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pachylad posted:

She's still active, just don't know why people aren't sharing her, here's her latest re:the Supreme Court decision

It's just nice to see good artistry in this page every now and then. Brittoons are also often good, but so grotesque.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I assume whoever was posting her found something else to do with their time. maybe they even got a life or something. god speed. Here, have some more Telnaeseses:

("White House adviser Stephen Miller is reported to be drafting a speech about race relations for President Trump")

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

???

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Gonna get more courtoons again

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Telnaes is a terrific caricaturist, but I'm struggling on the third person in this one.

Graham, McConnel, ?????, Cruz

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

fishing with the fam posted:

Telnaes is a terrific caricaturist, but I'm struggling on the third person in this one.

Graham, McConnel, ?????, Cruz

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Those two women are remarkably patient with that traitorous slaver statue. Someone please melt him down for scrap.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

DEEP STATE COURT
This cartoon has been inspired by Sara Carter’s superb article, “Powell Files Stunning Motion Against Gleeson: It’s A ‘wrap-up smear’ against Flynn,” in SaraCarter.com, 17 June 2020.

The entrapment and rail-roading of General Michael Flynn — and his subsequent betrayal by the law firm he hired to defend him, Covington & Burling LLP — are a microcosm of what the Deep State and a very corrupt legal system controlled by the Deep State does every day to most citizens. Indeed, the Holder Memorandum that took jail off the table for Wall Street financial criminals who are now known to have stolen $100 trillion from Main Street through a practice known as naked short selling (selling shares that do not exist, not delivering them, keeping the money), stands out as emblematic of what Matt Taibbi calls The Divide — one law for the rich, and one law for the poor. Covington & Burling’s partner Eric Holder let the rich off the hook at the same time that Covington & Burling threw Mike Flynn under the bus, charging him $3.5 million for stabbing him in the back.

The US Constitution draws a clear distinction between the roles of the executive and the judiciary, and Judge Emmet G. Sullivan, who has in the past been praised by Sidney Powell in her book Licensed to Lie: Exposing Corruption in the Department of Justice, appears to have lost sight of both the Constitution and past Supreme Court decisions. His hiring of a retired judge who has multiple conflicts of interest, John Gleeson, deepens the legitimate criticism of what can best be called a judicial witch hunt devoid of evidentiary foundation.

As Carter describes the Powell brief, Gleeson is depicted as duplicitous (a liar) and as executing a “wrap-up smear” (defamation with malice).

The paragons of integrity here are the independent investigators shining a light on the egregious misconduct of FBI agents, and the production, finally, of 86 pages of newly produced exonerating materials discovered and proffered by the government in support of its long overdue motion to dismiss. Attorney General Bill Barr, and Deputy Solicitor General Noel Fran Francisco, are bastions of integrity in comparison to the severely impaired judges refusing to dismiss the case.

This cartoon has been sponsored by Robert David Steele, learn more about him at https://robertdavidsteele.com.

So what is that, the 3rd Steele commission ?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

There's somehow a swamp in the court floor, it's way past time for basic infrastructure repairs and maintenance.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I know it's probably getting passe but Garrison's labeling is hilarious. He can't communicate anything.

I think a "fun" project would be to remove the labels from a Garrison and try to figure out what he's complaining about this time.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

imagine commissioning garrison not once, but multiple times, to draw a political cartoon for an issue you ostensibly support. ben garrison. that guy. to get your point across, with a cartoon.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wonder if he’ll draw a pro-communist cartoon for money

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

skeleton warrior posted:

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy.

I see it now. Thanks.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Jay Rust posted:

I wonder if he’ll draw a pro-communist cartoon for money
Low stakes, since he drew rants about WALL STREET and the 1%.

But what about pro-obama cartoons? Pro-Hillary?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

All of Trump's political enemies, labeled, in the same room with Trump and all of them are farting out clouds labeled things like "defund the police" and "believe women" while an adonis Trump looks at the reader with a thought bubble labeled "thoughts" that says "I can't breathe".

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
He drew a comic showing Farrakhan in a positive light, another commission by Steele actually.

E: let's not forget the commissions are 800-1200 bucks, more than enough to sell your convictions for.

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 18, 2020

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Take that, H7L ¬,I21K SRII2IZIC

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Please tell me that Rob Smith jr. Is destined to somehow burn his face in a tragic caramel accident.

Frostyhawk
Jan 21, 2012

Bird Up!

This extremely white cartoonist makes me wish I too was another color of skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Angepain posted:

Take that, H7L ¬,I21K SRII2IZIC
Bolton is just the most recent in a series of former admin washouts trying to cash in on their experience in the terrible administration that apparently only merited writing a book about.