Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Tarquinn posted:

Has anybody here experience with the "titanium" plated models? How easy does that poo poo scratch and how much more difficult is the assembly because of it?

I've built the MG Nu with the titanium finish and I thought it looked really good. No scratches or anything, and it wasn't any more difficult than a regular MG. The spots where you trim the piece off the runner are more noticeable than usual, but on the Nu at least they're all hidden from sight in the finished model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/ichinino_ieiiei/status/1272110650978734082

People are already having fun with that semi-vantablack model paint.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Snake Maze posted:

I've built the MG Nu with the titanium finish and I thought it looked really good. No scratches or anything, and it wasn't any more difficult than a regular MG. The spots where you trim the piece off the runner are more noticeable than usual, but on the Nu at least they're all hidden from sight in the finished model.

Ah, perfect. That's the one I was ogling. Thanks! :tipshat:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
HG Go-saurer finished:

Will begin work on Magna-saurer next week. Excited to get my hands on Gran-saurer and combine all three of them.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

please, please tell me more about this paint

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

:allears: That turnaround video in the twitter thread is eerie as gently caress and I wanna see more of it! I really want to know if it looks as unsettling as I'm imagining to have a kit that isn't entirely painted in that color, so you have patches of color and detail hanging on top of an indistinct black silhouette.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Well Manicured Man posted:

:allears: That turnaround video in the twitter thread is eerie as gently caress and I wanna see more of it! I really want to know if it looks as unsettling as I'm imagining to have a kit that isn't entirely painted in that color, so you have patches of color and detail hanging on top of an indistinct black silhouette.

Or use the black to highlight other parts of the model. Think a black strike with only the weapons kits with their original color.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

please, please tell me more about this paint

Pretty sure it's this one.

https://culturehustle.com/products/black-3-0-the-worlds-blackest-black-acrylic-paint-150ml

quote:

Note: By adding this product to your cart you confirm that you are not Anish Kapoor, you are in no way affiliated to Anish Kapoor, you are not purchasing this item on behalf of Anish Kapoor or an associate of Anish Kapoor. To the best of your knowledge, information and belief this material will not make it's way into the hands of Anish Kapoor.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 14, 2020

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I'd do an entire inner frame in vantablack and the rest in normal colors...

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

WoDom Pod promo pics are out, but some of them do show a spoiler for future Re Rise episodes so heads up on that if you care.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The slap fight over Vantablack (which is useless for painting models, cars, or anything that has to exist in the real world) and the Black 2.0/3.0 paint is incredible.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Maybe? I wish I had the tweets still available but I kinda glossed over them at the time, but I remember seeing a bunch of JP tweets about whatever they're using, and how it's airbrush-ready out of the bottle. There was some big hype over it at the time.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's not, it's whatever this is:

https://twitter.com/ichinino_ieiiei/status/1272054977490378752

I would expect they're largely the same, though.

edit: https://www.ko-pro.black/2020/05/14/black-3-0-vs-musou-black/ That comparison is from their own website so I'd take it with a grain of salt, but it vibes with what I've seen from people using one coat of black 3.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8IY0Wz50ag&t

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 14, 2020

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Oh nice, airbrush ready is a nice option to have.

I wonder how it would look around raised parts painted with UV reactive paints.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

d3lness posted:

I think there is a MG played Phenex that is properly undergated. You'll still want a gold paint pen for the inescapable touch ups.

The p bandai mg phenex is not at all properly undergated, unfortunately. Having a gold metallic Gundam marker helped a bunch but you can definitely see the nub marks still. Heard the very expensive RG is better though.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Nur_Neerg posted:

The p bandai mg phenex is not at all properly undergated, unfortunately. Having a gold metallic Gundam marker helped a bunch but you can definitely see the nub marks still. Heard the very expensive RG is better though.

That's sad. On the other hand, I already have as much Unicorn I can handle with the PG and SD kits.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

Thanks. I managed to scrounge up some old youtube videos too and yeah, the Guren looks decent, I'll probably pick it up. Thanks. Though yeah, the colors on the Guren look kinda plain too, especially the orange.

I built the Guren and it 100% needs a paint job, if for no other reason than there's some big bad seams that just don't wanna fill cleanly. Also the included Kallen pilot figure really helps highlight the fact that she'd probably get scoliosis from having to stick her rear end so far back and upwards. The big-rear end gently caress-you radiation claw is really nicely articulated, though.

It's a fun build though! I have the Lancelot Conquista sitting around that I need to build one of these days.

Gripweed posted:

WoDom Pod promo pics

COME HOME TO ME SOON, BABY
How many WoDom Pods are just going to get the normal WoDom treatment? I'm thinking like 80%

MJP fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 15, 2020

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

It's not, it's whatever this is:

https://twitter.com/ichinino_ieiiei/status/1272054977490378752

I would expect they're largely the same, though.

edit: https://www.ko-pro.black/2020/05/14/black-3-0-vs-musou-black/ That comparison is from their own website so I'd take it with a grain of salt, but it vibes with what I've seen from people using one coat of black 3.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8IY0Wz50ag&t

The wild thing about these paints are that you really can't touch or coat them after application so it's even more impressive on an articulated model.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vaporware posted:

The wild thing about these paints are that you really can't touch or coat them after application so it's even more impressive on an articulated model.

I assume the model was assembled and sprayed as a complete unit and that it got resprayed after every change of pose.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

d3lness posted:

I thought about it, but gently caress painting white and gently caress trying to match that shade exactly. I just put some extra effort in with my metallic paint pens to help them look less flat.

I know this is from like 4 pages ago, but if you're (or anyone else, for that matter is) interested I colour matched the grey on Astaroth at 1 drop black Vallejo surface primer to 70 drops white Vallejo surface primer (so a 1:70 black:white ratio), give or take a few drops of white.

The paint streak is from the blob you can see in the middle to the tip of the pencil on the right, so its a decent blend. I didnt spray it so thats why its blobby.

Mephiston fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 16, 2020

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
That's some fucken good brush painting, well done!

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1014360/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Holy poo poo it's a Master Grade Mobile Worker!

Oh it also comes with a bunch of crap for the MG Barbatos too I guess

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There's also this

https://twitter.com/nanarokushiki/status/1273031042849521676

I LOVE IT

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Booourns posted:

6th form armor including the chainsaw mace!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Please do not order like 6 MG Barbatos kits so you can build all of these

because I might get the same idea

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Oh drat that's cool, so it's more a MG Barbatos add on + MG mobile worker at this point.

I wonder if they'll do a combo set?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vahtooch posted:

Oh drat that's cool, so it's more a MG Barbatos add on + MG mobile worker at this point.

I wonder if they'll do a combo set?

If they do it’ll be P-Bandai like the HG one was.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

This is so rediculous and I love it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Booourns posted:

Hey, I've wanted an excuse to get a second Barbatos ever since I messed up one of the feet on my first one.

Seems as good a reason as any.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

It kinda cool that they resisted the urge to drip feed us all the different S1 Barbatos variants and just put them all in one box.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I'm sure I recognise that from 00 side-stories :v:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

How do you do, fellow space launch vehicles?

Metrofreak
Mar 17, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Probably insane question but is there a resource other than Dalong that could show me mobile suits that are visually similar? Maybe Pinterest's algorithm could collect that based on a board.

I want to try and modernize an old Bolt Gundam kit from G Gundam and would like to see if I can find kits with more modern proportions that have similar shape that I could use.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zodack posted:

Probably insane question but is there a resource other than Dalong that could show me mobile suits that are visually similar? Maybe Pinterest's algorithm could collect that based on a board.

I want to try and modernize an old Bolt Gundam kit from G Gundam and would like to see if I can find kits with more modern proportions that have similar shape that I could use.

MAHQ has drawings of everything.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
To my tremendous surprised, HLJ shipped out my fancy Eva-00 this morning. Maybe they either wised up after the 01 launch, or Bandai just made a hell of a lot more of the things. Anyway, there's a data point in case something else gets fucky this time.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Hello Gunpla thread. I picked up a HG RX-93 on a whim, watched some YT videos, and tried to emulate them. Please excuse the scribing that looks like the work of a torturer in the Gundam Inquisition. Hopefully the color will pop a bit more once I topcoat it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

To my tremendous surprised, HLJ shipped out my fancy Eva-00 this morning. Maybe they either wised up after the 01 launch, or Bandai just made a hell of a lot more of the things. Anyway, there's a data point in case something else gets fucky this time.

Mine got bought too. I suspect Bandai made more and we may also have gotten our orders in earlier, HLJ does first in first out.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Vorenus posted:

Hello Gunpla thread. I picked up a HG RX-93 on a whim, watched some YT videos, and tried to emulate them. Please excuse the scribing that looks like the work of a torturer in the Gundam Inquisition. Hopefully the color will pop a bit more once I topcoat it.

This is false advertising. I can't find the bad scribing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Vorenus posted:

Color scheme reminds me of the Kampfer Amazing.

I like it.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 18, 2020