Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Amnistar posted:

Yea, but do you think it's a SCUM post?

this is a good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Can we restart the fight, I’m late

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

:allears:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jump King posted:

Can we restart the fight, I’m late

gently caress you!

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

Retro Futurist posted:

gently caress you!

You're bald

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Chic Trombone posted:

The culture is absolutely different from what it was way back when, even from when I started playing in... I think it was 2011, actually. It's honestly been pretty interesting to watch happen, as someone who currently plays mafia maybe once or twice a year.

Yeah absolutely. People are actively doing poo poo we used to call scummy and dumb and acting like it's town and perfectly normal.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tommu posted:

You're bald

Oh yeah? Well gently caress you!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

idk what your forums userame is but gently caress you if you think we should redo votfindrr in php, fuvk you!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

less is more

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

DGK2000 posted:

Yeah absolutely. People are actively doing poo poo we used to call scummy and dumb and acting like it's town and perfectly normal.

Isn't that just different play styles?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i dont play mafia to be good

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

flerp posted:

:same:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

see you on the neon genesis evangelion fanfic play by post subforum, where logic isn't illegal

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
same ol' jammy, some things never change

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hi I have a 15 player game setup but can’t figure out flavor for it if you’re interested

I'm going to send my idea to RF as there are a few specific roles I want in it, but am happy to help with your game if you need some flavour.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
if jammy wanted to find logic in mafia the temple of anidavs was always going to be the wrong place tbh

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

Conversely though, some of the standard things people would call scummy were just cargo cult imitations of scum hunting, or rules for the sake of it.

Players are bad now, but they were bad before. Mafia is not a good game for strategic play. Especially in the SA culture focused on the moderator.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jump King posted:

Conversely though, some of the standard things people would call scummy were just cargo cult imitations of scum hunting, or rules for the sake of it.

Players are bad now, but they were bad before. Mafia is not a good game for strategic play. Especially in the SA culture focused on the moderator.

It’s this.

I think some of y’all inhaled too many Dragnix megaposts! Every post being a short thesis did not make for the most invigorating experience.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sandwolf posted:

It’s this.

I think some of y’all inhaled too many Dragnix megaposts! Every post being a short thesis did not make for the most invigorating experience.

I hate giant megaposts ala dragnixity but I still think setup spec is stupid.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m shooting 100% for my career in finding scum and I’ve never posted more than two sentences.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

DGK2000 posted:

I hate giant megaposts ala dragnixity but I still think setup spec is stupid.

There are times and places for both, but in general brevity is a boon to the game of mafia.

Also do people still use the term "dragnixity"? I remember when soru and I were loving around a long time ago trying to come up with an average word count addition to votefinder and settled on that term.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not sure that name tracks anymore given how few of our regular community interacted with him at this point.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Voodoofly posted:

There are times and places for both, but in general brevity is a boon to the game of mafia.

:eng99:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Max posted:

I'm not sure that name tracks anymore given how few of our regular community interacted with him at this point.

same could be said for the term, “megapost” tbh

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:bustem:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ilmucche posted:

I'm going to send my idea to RF as there are a few specific roles I want in it, but am happy to help with your game if you need some flavour.

I missed this but I already found a new best friend, merk2. Thanks though.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Epsilon Plus posted:

idk what your forums userame is but gently caress you if you think we should redo votfindrr in php, fuvk you!

I was half-asleep when I posted this please forgive me

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Voodoofly posted:

Also do people still use the term "dragnixity"? I remember when soru and I were loving around a long time ago trying to come up with an average word count addition to votefinder and settled on that term.

I was around for the conversation and also played with Dragnix so it's definitely in my lexicon.

Sandwolf posted:

same could be said for the term, “megapost” tbh

Well that's a good thing normally. In LYLO an effortpost is fine.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

flerp posted:

Well I have good news for you then

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Effort posts are the best and all y'all are wrong :colbert:

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!

Epsilon Plus posted:

I was half-asleep when I posted this please forgive me

no problem I'll restart development on this tomorrow

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Humalong posted:

I missed this but I already found a new best friend, merk2. Thanks though.

Guess I'll go back to italy then :(

Quidthulhu posted:

Effort posts make the game more stressful

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Quidthulhu posted:

It takes more effort to make a concise post with a few bullet points or specific reasons, and maybe a second post with some quotes to back it up, than to just quote ten posts and ramble on.

Hence I do the quote ten posts and just ramble on usually.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
The power move is to make your case over 18 posts

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Quidthulhu posted:

All my posts are effort posts

It takes a lot of effort to motivate myself past crippling depression and social anxiety

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

alli again posted:

no problem I'll restart development on this tomorrow

:negative:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The true answer is the best kind of case is one that is both a) persuasive b) accurate

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I have never, and will never, make a case.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

CCKeane posted:

I have never, and will never, make a case.

Can Confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

The true answer is the best kind of case is one that is both a) persuasive b) accurate

Especially if you make it as scum