Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Probably pretty good because they're minions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
So the furthest I've ever got in this game was A5 Sirus last league with Poison BV Assassin, which was also my most fun build. I don't particularly want to run it again, but I do want a build that can tear through maps as quickly, which was in no small part due to whirling blades being mapped to my right mouse button. I thought about making an RF Jugg as a second character (I've never played one before) because the idea of bombing it through maps with minimal clicking appeals to me a lot. Would Ice Crash Raider be better? Thinking that RF hasn't really been relevant for a very long time for a reason.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Alright going to try penance brand as a starter this league. Not sure what ascendancy yet. It does massive damage with ailments so maybe stormfire or fire conversion with ignite as well?

Also if there is room in the goon guild can I get an invite on PlatypusPancake

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Perforate has always been an amazing early skill and they made it better

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

The last I played with SRS was in harbinger league

God knows how they feel like right now

It feels better mostly thanks to being able to cast a lot with something that isn't spell echo but it still poo poo because the damage just isn't there anymore compared to other newer things. SRS should be like skeletons, the default should be being able to summon 3-4 of them at a time

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

for those who were using Ziz's VD spellslinger league starter build, he published an update for Harvest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzgzJdPEnL4

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Ixjuvin posted:

If there's guild space, can I get an invite on Ixjuvin please?

If there’s room I’d like one too - fwoompf

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

frytechnician posted:

So the furthest I've ever got in this game was A5 Sirus last league with Poison BV Assassin, which was also my most fun build. I don't particularly want to run it again, but I do want a build that can tear through maps as quickly, which was in no small part due to whirling blades being mapped to my right mouse button. I thought about making an RF Jugg as a second character (I've never played one before) because the idea of bombing it through maps with minimal clicking appeals to me a lot. Would Ice Crash Raider be better? Thinking that RF hasn't really been relevant for a very long time for a reason.

RF got dumpstered back in Blight. It's 20% of your life + flat fire damage per second to enemies instead of 40% of your life, so the old strategy of "get ALL OF THE LIFE to get all of the damage" is far less effective.

If you're looking for minimal button pressing + great clear, I'd probably go Baron Zombie Necromancer. Aggressive minions are quite good at murdering everything a screen and a half away, Baron Zombies are drat near invincible and most of your clicking would be situational casting of Offerings/Debuffs/Guard skills.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

After theorycrafting a bunch of builds using 2h uniques with the skill/item damage accounted for, nothing looks particularly crazy but there are definitely some viable builds to be made.

Ironically, the only experiment that I really thought looked cool was a nebuloch/cons path chieftain using shockwave + tawhoa's. Previously that build suffered a lot from its low attack speed, but the two extra attacks neutralize it by letting you focus on per hit damage. Tuning to 2 APS to consistently trigger both effects, and it roughly doubled the dps of my 3.10 juggernaut version with like 3000 net life regen and still huge armor.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
One of the great cycles of life in this game is telling everyone that wants to do RF that they missed the boat by over a year. You could make a perpetual motion machine with the disappointment.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

I ran a pretty successful rf juggernaut in hc delirium using grey spire + doryani's delusion. Map clear was solid, boss fights were admittedly pretty slow. Downed sirus and shaper with it, didn't get around to uber elder and I think it would've been pretty poo poo for simulacrum or blighted maps. Even pulling off that mediocre kind of performance took a massive pile of perfected cluster jewels.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

whypick1 posted:

RF got dumpstered back in Blight. It's 20% of your life + flat fire damage per second to enemies instead of 40% of your life, so the old strategy of "get ALL OF THE LIFE to get all of the damage" is far less effective.

If you're looking for minimal button pressing + great clear, I'd probably go Baron Zombie Necromancer. Aggressive minions are quite good at murdering everything a screen and a half away, Baron Zombies are drat near invincible and most of your clicking would be situational casting of Offerings/Debuffs/Guard skills.

That's decided then, Ice Crash Raider as a second character it is. I also love necro but have played one every league since Bestiary so I want to do something different.

Curse you for getting ideas in my head FastAF!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Vasudus posted:

cast on death discharge
:mad:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

FP totems
Berserker Cyclone/EQ
CA/TR Trickster
SRS necromancer
BL/Arc miner
Spectral Throw Deadeye

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

frytechnician posted:

That's decided then, Ice Crash Raider as a second character it is. I also love necro but have played one every league since Bestiary so I want to do something different.

Curse you for getting ideas in my head FastAF!

I try my hardest to squeeze Raider into every melee build I do, but it's hard to recommend that ascendancy over something like Slayer or Berserker, especially since warcries and fist of war want you to be attacking slow.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Don't forget ED trickster, bleed bow glad, and bleed lacerate glad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chieftain with BLS and tukohama shield can pretty much do everything with AWC.

Those are cheap as hell uniques

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
I'm actually thinking ice crash. You can freeze stuff instead of stunning, it fully converts, and you don't have to worry about tectonic slam issues (endurance charges, the third slam not lining up with exerted/fist of war) or the awkward scaling of earthquake. The question is whether to do slayer or berserker. Or chieftain cold to fire, but I don't know how complicated that would be.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Third slam being charged not a thing with Tec slam

Every tec slam hit is buffed by your endurance charges. Every third hit it eats a charge. That’s it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You would need two of these three: Avatar of Fire, Cold to Fire support, or a 20q Pyre if you wanted to do fire Ice Crash. The 20q Pyre would only be 48%.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I did a One with Nothing Ice Crash Zerker with warcry clusters last league that was extremely strong and cool, I mashed every boss in the face very quickly and rapidly until they were dead and I was not and it felt good. not having to use a Hatred conversion eye or Hrimburn or picking up bad nodes on the tree to fully convert seem like very nice benefits to that build. obviously you can't league start something with OWN but I'm sure you could Facebreak your way through until you could afford the jewel

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I'd consider SRS but I can't afford the raven cosmetic until payday, two weeks away. So it's a second build at best.

And no. What's the point of playing it if I'm not summoning my crow friends?

I'm still torn between dual neb tecslam jug and an ED trickster.

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000
Arcanist brand doesn't look that great, but I wonder how it would compare with little investment vs. spell totem. Do new gems usually not get added to PoB until after launch?

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Aye Doc posted:

I did a One with Nothing Ice Crash Zerker with warcry clusters last league that was extremely strong and cool, I mashed every boss in the face very quickly and rapidly until they were dead and I was not and it felt good. not having to use a Hatred conversion eye or Hrimburn or picking up bad nodes on the tree to fully convert seem like very nice benefits to that build. obviously you can't league start something with OWN but I'm sure you could Facebreak your way through until you could afford the jewel

I did it with Glacial Hammer Zerker with the warcry stuff and Hegemony on HC till level 91. Was pretty drat good, but I think a bit carried with the clusters? Not sure.
Doing an Ice Crash variant seems tempting, but I got a decent setup for BleedQuake to start first I think.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
https://pastebin.com/8MEWNtuh

Welp, reddit figured out how to herald. Or rather selfish auradin, cuz he isn't running all 5

Futzing around with the asc, I swapped to guardian and got 2/3 the dps for more pdr and 1.5x the recovery. Also arc > spark imo

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 18, 2020

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

Arcanist brand doesn't look that great, but I wonder how it would compare with little investment vs. spell totem. Do new gems usually not get added to PoB until after launch?

It looks pretty good to me. GGG has confirmed Arcanist brand is your hits like other brands, so you can leech from them; reducing AOE is actually a DPS boost to some pretty good skills and the surplus More for attached enemies means that these should be effective at killing bosses still too. Imagine 2x Firestorm brands both dumping their whole damage potential onto a boss with recasts 2-3 times per second. Or other skills that get more damage with less AOE, I've just actually tried Firestorm previously :shrug:.

I look forward to seeing what works well and what doesn't. I was hoping to do Ball Lightning brands, if the overall reductions to it from the Arcanist Brand support are not ruinous. I'll be getting more AOE in my build to help make up for the brand attachment behavior nerfs, so hopefully the reduced AOE won't make it too small to be effective against packs or whatever. Though given that they are still self cast hits, the AOE will probably be limited to one in-range AOE per monster rather than them all applying separately like traps/mines (totems? I would assume?). So it may be better to go with something else, I'll have to see. Tomorrow!

Agreed fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 18, 2020

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

How is SSVD boss damage once you're into late red's (without switching to low life/big investment)? Reddit seems to think it falls off a bunch, but...Reddit. I haven't played VD since the Poet's glory days.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Prel posted:

How is SSVD boss damage once you're into late red's (without switching to low life/big investment)? Reddit seems to think it falls off a bunch, but...Reddit. I haven't played VD since the Poet's glory days.

Ziz said his build gets about 1.3 mil which is kinda low these days but definitely capable of doing everything. His setup is also like comically defensive so you could probably double that damage without even having to go lowlife by giving up the max res and warcry stuff

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Alright throwing this out there: Wintertide Brand Trickster

How bad would that be as a starter

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Agreed posted:

It looks pretty good to me. GGG has confirmed Arcanist brand is your hits like other brands, so you can leech from them; reducing AOE is actually a DPS boost to some pretty good skills and the surplus More for attached enemies means that these should be effective at killing bosses still too. Imagine 2x Firestorm brands both dumping their whole damage potential onto a boss with recasts 2-3 times per second. Or other skills that get more damage with less AOE, I've just actually tried Firestorm previously :shrug:.

Firestorm, icestorm, bladefall, cremation are the ones that come to mind. Not sure how the brands will interact with intensify, but with 5-6 cluster jewels that give +1 to intensity it was possible to turn firestorm and bladefall into lasers that dropped every hit into a tiny area. More gimmick than anything else but interesting to see those extremes.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Might be good, its just winterbrand instead of vortex. You could be winterbrand and vaal cold snap. It's a hella lot of travel if you intend to get that +1 brands between witch/templar.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Traitorous Leopard posted:

If it sucks you could respec to Vortex/Cold Snap pretty painlessly

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnJ30vbK9Ho

Reddit actually made a funny meme this league.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OK lemme see if I understand Wintertide Brand correctly:

-It attaches to an enemy
-Each time it activates, it increases the DOT stack, kind of like Blight
-When it detaches, it spreads the total DOT stack to all nearby enemies

That sounds pretty good?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Now imagine poe 2 where you also have arctic breath, vortex, and cold snap also in 6 links and you stack all 4 dot spells.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iwQpPD-GYY
No, this is a funny meme.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

It kinda looked like you could get Wintertide so short that it would be triggerable in CwC or Asenath's or whatever and still get most of the value but I didn't feel like running the numbers, will just wait for pob to check.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Fister Roboto posted:

OK lemme see if I understand Wintertide Brand correctly:

-It attaches to an enemy
-Each time it activates, it increases the DOT stack, kind of like Blight
-When it detaches, it spreads the total DOT stack to all nearby enemies

That sounds pretty good?

The increase in dot damage is more like scorching ray. It's a single instance of damage over time that grows in stages. With just the default values from the jewel, you'd hit 8 stages for 160% more damage (+1 stage per .25 seconds, max attach of 2.0 seconds) and then it would detach off and apply that amplified dot to everything around it for 6 seconds.

That default 2 second wait for aoe to kick in sounds pretty awkward. It'll probably always be paired with swiftbrand to bring the time down to .8 seconds and speed the stage ramp-up. Looks like you would want some cast/activation speed to amp the stage gain because default rate is only going to get you to 7 or 8 stages, while the max is 20. Cast speed is not otherwise something a cold dot build cares much about, so it will detract from either defense or your vortex/cold snap secondary damage.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:psyduck:
Spiders? Spectral Wolves? Bestial Rhoa?! Wtf I have never even heard of any of these summons and I only play minions. I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I have 600 hours in this game and I have been looking up skills all week and being like "wtf I never heard of this one".