Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pustulio
Mar 21, 2012
L

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

the_steve posted:

ALF - I see no reason we can't do all 3 in a panic. Rush to them, tell them we love them and we're going to get them to Jobe for help, and be all "El, El, El...!" as we carry them.

this

\/\/ also mentally yell for danal to come

CloFan fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 18, 2020

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I’m honestly sad more people aren’t voting to mentally yell for Danal to come. I’m sure he would want to be here just like with Bagar.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

the_steve posted:

ALF - I see no reason we can't do all 3 in a panic. Rush to them, tell them we love them and we're going to get them to Jobe for help, and be all "El, El, El...!" as we carry them.

ALF

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

L - call for Naomi and get Snarls to go get whichever other of our sons are in Kavodel+Jobe

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

TK-42-1 posted:

I’m honestly sad more people aren’t voting to mentally yell for Danal to come. I’m sure he would want to be here just like with Bagar.

Even at Aaron speeds isn’t Zepath more than a day away?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I think Aaron managed it in about six hours? Tudiya has done it in three.

Ruth won't last that long. Minutes at most.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Comedy/heresy option.

Give Ruth Mouth to Mouth/CPR and accidentally breathe a soul into Ruth.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 18, 2020

haunted bear tale
May 14, 2013
L

Our son is dying. We must be there for him during his passing away.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

C Danal

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
also tell Ruth thaf we love them and are proud of them

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
L. Our pet human is dying, it's to be expected and accepted but we can be upset about it.

Also human bodies die, if she doesn't get to some sort of decent afterlife that's when I'll be angry.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
F

This sucks but it's what living as a man means. Bringing Ruth to Uriah is just begging for him to try to use us to mystically heal, which is both ExPeRiMeNtInG and liable to turn Ruth into a zombie or something.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

L. Hopefully Naomi followed us. Ruth has lived a full life and a far better one than she would have had back in Athar. Meddling with a natural death seems like a bad idea.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Volmarias posted:

F

This sucks but it's what living as a man means. Bringing Ruth to Uriah is just begging for him to try to use us to mystically heal, which is both ExPeRiMeNtInG and liable to turn Ruth into a zombie or something.

Zombie Ruth would have been an option on the fushdad skill tree.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
L. We had the chance to prevent this and the support wasn't there, we were ready to not interfere with her life and let it run out as it must for people. We can't heal old age, I'm pretty sure even Mighty healing can't stop it. El decided men should die after a period of time, we can't undo that without changing what men are, which is deplorable. This isn't about us, this is about being there for Ruth.

It's just if after all this there's no bluestuff flying off to Mt. Har that then we can start getting REALLY upset.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

FlocksOfMice posted:

It's just if after all this there's no bluestuff flying off to Mt. Har that then we can start getting REALLY upset.

I think we know full well that this is what's going to happen. Ruth, who had a ring from El to let everyone know that they did in fact do this ridiculously awesome thing, is going to Die and there's not going to be any kind of cycle of rebirth or afterlife or anything. Ruth will be Gone, just like Bagar, and it will just gently caress Us Up.

E: After the funeral if Ruth dies, or sometime soon if Ruth survives, we should probably chat with Ish about the consequences of others we seriously care about dying, and how to not gently caress everything up around us unconsciously as a result of it.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Outrail posted:

Our pet human is dying,

don't use Enkidel's inhumanity as a shield. Weakness. This is our own child for real.

I didn't know Ruth lived with us still. It's kind of sweet.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

Volmarias posted:

I think we know full well that this is what's going to happen. Ruth, who had a ring from El to let everyone know that they did in fact do this ridiculously awesome thing, is going to Die and there's not going to be any kind of cycle of rebirth or afterlife or anything. Ruth will be Gone, just like Bagar, and it will just gently caress Us Up.

E: After the funeral if Ruth dies, or sometime soon if Ruth survives, we should probably chat with Ish about the consequences of others we seriously care about dying, and how to not gently caress everything up around us unconsciously as a result of it.

That Ruth destroyed the enemies of El despite having no special powers for it, while not even being of his people at birth, and received an actual artifact during his manhood trial which as far as we know just, doesn't happen, gives me hope that El's made an exception here.

El made the biggest pillar of flame we've basically seen from a manhood trial and gave a coming-of-age-present. He's gotta take him home.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

FlocksOfMice posted:

That Ruth destroyed the enemies of El despite having no special powers for it, while not even being of his people at birth, and received an actual artifact during his manhood trial which as far as we know just, doesn't happen, gives me hope that El's made an exception here.

El made the biggest pillar of flame we've basically seen from a manhood trial and gave a coming-of-age-present. He's gotta take him home.

Take what home, though? Ruth doesn't actually have any blue stuff inside, which is what's going to absolutely set us off. El's not an especially caring or sympathetic god as these things go, so don't expect Jael to suddenly freeze time and do magic heart surgery either.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Did a count

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Maybe leave it as suggestion-only for non-owners?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Eh, I tend to leave mine open for editing so someone can just update it if it needs it while I'm away. I've never had one hosed with and if you did it would show in the edit history

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I

Kind of surprised it doesn't have more support. There's nothing we can realistically do here - that's something we've agreed to and accepted ever since we've agreed not to gently caress around with souls and the nature of humans. I mean, I suppose we can throw that all out the window and try to force Ruth into some weird zombie-state or graft blue-stuff onto him and shove it back in his body, but doing so will mean immediately renouncing all our ties with our affiliated factions. If we wanted to do that we should have hooked up with Nisaba or something. Short of doing that, all we can really do is beseech El and hope that she has earned the blue-stuff to be taken to Mt. Har, or that she has something that'll be taken there anyway. The best place to do that meanwhile seems to be in the temple of El.

We can moan or fight or scream or comfort her or whatever just as well in the temple as we can here, and it's in the temple that connection to El is presumably strongest? If anything is going to increase the chance of El intervening, or strengthen Ruth's connection to El, being in the temple is it. So take him there.

We know Gebebans down south had yellow stuff which changed to blue stuff (right?). Seems like whatever went on there gave their spirits 'the stuff'. Presumably then we can possibly do the same thing - imbue people with 'stuff' which El could convert and take. Again though, that's the sort of thing we're super-triple-pinky-sworn not to do. Either accept that we can't directly gently caress with mortality, or renounce all our previous agreements.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
ALF

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Theglavwen posted:

I

Kind of surprised it doesn't have more support. There's nothing we can realistically do here - that's something we've agreed to and accepted ever since we've agreed not to gently caress around with souls and the nature of humans. I mean, I suppose we can throw that all out the window and try to force Ruth into some weird zombie-state or graft blue-stuff onto him and shove it back in his body, but doing so will mean immediately renouncing all our ties with our affiliated factions. If we wanted to do that we should have hooked up with Nisaba or something. Short of doing that, all we can really do is beseech El and hope that she has earned the blue-stuff to be taken to Mt. Har, or that she has something that'll be taken there anyway. The best place to do that meanwhile seems to be in the temple of El.

We can moan or fight or scream or comfort her or whatever just as well in the temple as we can here, and it's in the temple that connection to El is presumably strongest? If anything is going to increase the chance of El intervening, or strengthen Ruth's connection to El, being in the temple is it. So take him there.

We know Gebebans down south had yellow stuff which changed to blue stuff (right?). Seems like whatever went on there gave their spirits 'the stuff'. Presumably then we can possibly do the same thing - imbue people with 'stuff' which El could convert and take. Again though, that's the sort of thing we're super-triple-pinky-sworn not to do. Either accept that we can't directly gently caress with mortality, or renounce all our previous agreements.

Personally I think she's got about 120 more seconds on Urth and even if we personally could make it to the shrine by running at full sprint directly through walls, Naomi and Snarls and Asahel can't. IIRC Ruth expressed that she wanted to die at home surrounded by family when we asked if she wanted to go to Baitel. So let them die at home with their parents and dog-sibling as requested rather than deciding at the last minute "nope we're doing the most pious available option anyways."

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 18, 2020

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Crazycryodude posted:

Personally I think she's got about 120 more seconds on Urth and even if we personally could make it to the shrine by running at full sprint directly through walls, Naomi and Snarls and Asahel can't. IIRC Ruth expressed that she wanted to die at home surrounded by family when we asked them if she wanted to go to Baitel. So let them die at home with their parents and dog-sibling as requested rather than deciding at the last minute "nope we're doing the most pious available option anyways."

i forgot about that, yeah I'm glad i changed my i-vote

also it's dog-mother, according to the obelisk

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

SniperWoreConverse posted:

don't use Enkidel's inhumanity as a shield. Weakness. This is our own child for real.

I didn't know Ruth lived with us still. It's kind of sweet.

Nah, I care about humans, and humanity. But one human life isn't much, and we need to get used to loved ones dying.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be upset, but we need to get used to being upset.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
H because dammit, if there was ever a time to tear open the gates of time and space it’s now.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

L, and get every one of his brothers, nephews, nieces, uncles, aunts, cousins, dogs, grandfather, grandmother, and mother. Our son deserves nothing less than as complete a showing of how loved he was in life as we can manage

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
L, scream for Naomi, etc. to come here

This should free up some valuable time for other family members next time skip.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

occluded posted:

H because dammit, if there was ever a time to tear open the gates of time and space it’s now.

Save it for when they come for Snarls.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting is closed. ETA: 1-2 hours? Maybe 3. Tonight for sure.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
in fact, change me from C back to L

ruth's desires and comfort matter more than our distress

Diogines posted:

Voting is closed. ETA: 1-2 hours? Maybe 3. Tonight for sure.

:negative:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Sweet. Now we all have something new to argue about during lulls.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Diogines posted:

You returned home from your grand adventures abroad almost ten months ago. There has been a considerable amount to do in that time, the study of the spoils from the temp of Nisaba, the implementation of the new mining and agricultural techniques, even what you learned of caring for the animals in the Zuu from Amos. To say nothing of all your work which Every-Strike, the construction of the city walls, El’s temple as well as honing your own skills, both mystical and mundane. There is MUCH to do and not enough hours in the day, nor even in the night and that is with you only sleeping for a few on most of them. But this is one of the hours upon which you are sleeping, at home, your beloved wife Naomi beside you and Snarls sleeping on the end of your very long, wide and very sturdy bed. Though you do not sleep peacefully. For weeks you have been having disturbing, troubling dreams even if the specters within them flee with the opening of your eyes.

As your eyes open your heart is filled with fear and utter dread at the certainty of what has/is/was/will happening/happened/will happen. You suffer from an intense headache as the images from your dream flood your mind even now in your waking moments and it is too many, it is far, far too many. It was happened will when has! Is Kavodel under attack?!

The voices! The voices! The voices! As you try to stumble out of your bed, you try to flash your Presence senses to search for demons but the pain is too intense from the numberless voices crying out to you from within your dream! It did/was/will! They is/be/do! We then/now/where! You manage to grab the sword from your bedstand and stumble into the hallway of your home, you do as some of the voices asked/ordered/said/did/does/will/begged/screamed/saw/won't/is/be! Haste/quickness/velocity/soon/do/must/is/are/promptly/speed/great! You arrive at the destination and push open the door.

As you enter the room a sound which should be steady, regular and reliable is not. After eighty two years you hear a sound to fill you with dress to your core, Ruth's heart spasms as she holds her chest with one hand and looks towards you with fear in her eyes, she tries to speak a word but cannot "F- f- fa-"

You rush to your daughter's side and take scoop her into your arms as you tell her that you love her, that it will be okay, everything will be okay. She tries to speak but you can only see pain and fear in her eyes.

It is over quickly.

Her heart ceases to beat and she goes limp in your arms.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Noooooooo

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Yo, sure, whatevs, is her magic ring still around or did it vanish?

Edit: Call for our family to join us, weep

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Mr. Nemo posted:

Yo, sure, whatevs, is her magic ring still around or did it vanish?